Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,923

2 members and 1,921 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    4am edit: she shed her eyecaps! Im so proud of her. Its very late and im sleepy but she peed so i had to clean it. Didnt want her laying in pee in her brand new coat.😥

Im just so glad she seems to be okay and her shed went well
    1.0.0 Banana Pastel Mojave ~ Butterscotch Pudding
    0.1.0 Normal ~ Babygirl Bindi Boops

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    Sounds like she's slowly improving...it will take time for sure. It's good that you didn't have more than a few specks of blood from the shed process, and that she
    did nearly a full shed on her own is great! Take a bow, both of you! Not surprising about blisters leaking some either. So glad she's been eating!

Not all reptile shops stink...only the dirty ones, the ones where they tease & mishandle snakes into musking, the ones that should be out of business... I have
    rescued just such a snake (that stunk) many years ago and yes, shedding, clean caging & time will help the "smell" go away completely.

Good luck, thanks for the update...keeping you & this snake in our good thoughts!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Razzledazzy (01-27-2019)

Thanks
    She ate a rat pup with no problems! I could tell some of her blisters continued to leak, but she does look much better after the shed. The liquid from the blisters is still clear. As long as she's eating. I'm gonna just continue keeping her in a clean environment.

Thanks

Re: I Need Help (Unplanned rescue)

Sorry to necro the thread but this same snake is now having problems two years on. She recovered amazingly well with food and care! The blisters went away and things were looking great but in the past month the blistery things have come back with a vengance. We're going to be taking her to a herp vet ASAP but in the mean time if anyone has any tips or anything we'd appreciate it. The only thing we can think of is she might have had a whole body stuck shed we didn't even know about or it's something to do with her past malnutrition.

This is her about a year ago looking fine!

This is her about a month ago, then her tonight. You can see the problem seems to be getting worse.

I already consulted with a zookeeper I know that works herps to doublecheck her tank set-up, and she agrees it's likely due to something from her history and not so much her environment considering my other ball is getting the same care and is totally fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,787 Times in 11,824 Posts
    No need for apology- we love updates to threads- always wonder "what ever happened to...?"

Your best bet is to get her to an experienced herp vet- how sad that this issue returned, especially after so long & so much improvement. I hope you'll update us again & I really hope she gets healthy again once & for all. I'm very curious as to what's causing this- I've never dealt with anything like this, & that's a huge change from the earlier photo.
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

Thanks

Re: I Need Help (Unplanned rescue)

okay, it's been a few more days and she's looking much the same. only she has a few beads of clear liquid coming out of a few of the blistery things now. the nearest non-emergency apt with a herp vet we could get was this coming tuesday. it's saturday right now and my mom is considering whether we should drive her down to the emergency small animal hospital down in gainsville (a like 4 hour drive) i think the drive would be too stressful. she hasn't shed like we hoped she might, but she does still move around in her hide every so often. any insight would be appreciated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234