Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,978

0 members and 2,978 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Question is my BP actually fasting/hibernating?

I have a now 4 month old pastel ball python, got him when he was around 2, and after the first week of settling he started eating every 7 days normally.

I have a feeding schedule of every 7 days, and first of December came and he had to eat. From that day on he stopped eating, tried the next day and every 2-3 days afterwards.
    My breeder after examining his living space, the terrarium the heat and everything, he said everything is perfect and he's gone into hibernation or what you call it.

Note that first of December was when the cold (0°), and the room temperature must have dropped 3-4. But the warm side of the terrarium stayed the same. My breeder also told me to go from 30 to 33 in the warm side.

I weighed him on first of December and he was 201g, and weighed him again today and he is still 201g. I think that's good..? He is also very playful and active when handled.

Long story short, 1 month and 10 days without feeding so far, but no weight lost, not even a gram. Note that he pooped the last meal he ate, so no problem there.

https://imgur.com/gallery/3FlV4wq
    Last edited by Glutius; 01-10-2019 at 12:27 PM.