Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 838

2 members and 836 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 837 Posts

Re: Purely opinion on breeding partner for cool morphs

Quote Originally Posted by CrazycatOP View Post
    I know that she has to have either mojave, lesser of butter because I’d like BELS.
    Spider was already mentioned. I would not get another spider or a champagne. Those are lethal genes. Anything that ends up super spider or spider/Champagne will die.
    Lesser and Butter I would also avoid, go for a mojave, bamboo or mystic. Lesser and butter are thought to be either the same gene or extremely similar. And it can also cause BELs with bug eyes. Chances are low, but why risk it?

Thanks

The spied isn’t for him it’s for my other project, don’t worry. I know all that. Just using her as a reference. And lesser and butter do very different things when paired to multi genes down the line so in my opinion they’re quite different and I like lesser better honestly. I had preferred a butter as mojave always seems to have grey in the offspring but I’ll look into the bug eye stuff as I’ve heard a lot about it but never encountered anyone saying lesser and butter have a higher risk.

(Also with how many genes are in him the chance of a super spider are so low that it’s really not that big of a concern at that point. Especially if she has 3 other genes as well. So I’d rather avoid it obviously but it’s not a deal breaker as the chance is so small.)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    For the spider, technically, it's still somewhere around a 1 in 4 chance of a dead baby regardless of however many genes are at play. Sure, the odds don't always match up. Statistics and genetic lottery are funny things. I wouldn't take those chances on my own clutches.

Here's the go-to list for issues regarding different morphs:
    http://www.owalreptiles.com/issues.php
    Last edited by Armiyana; 01-09-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Thanks

No offense but I’ve done it out and it’s a 1/64 chance or a 1/128 chance. So I’d need about 64 eggs to have any chance. I know quite a few people who take that tiny risk and nothing has ever happened. So I’m really not worried.

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    I hope the odds are in your favor.
    And just remember that it's any chance of double spider hitting regardless of what other genes are at play.
    50% chance from each parent passing spider on is still 25% risk.

Spider seems to be fairly lucky at the moment where even with the genetic odds at super is hard to hit, like super banana/coral glow. But I have terrible luck, so I'm avoiding any spider or champagne projects with my killerqueen. I'd be the first to hit that 1 in 4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

pretends2bnormal (01-09-2019)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12