Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,844

1 members and 2,843 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Rainbow is rejecting rabbits.

I have yet to get sonny to eat rabbits and as of the last feeding he’s refusing rats also. I’ve been wondering if he’s in breeding mode.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dxw425 View Post
    I have yet to get sonny to eat rabbits and as of the last feeding he’s refusing rats also. I’ve been wondering if he’s in breeding mode.
    So I have read different theories on it. Some say the males are driven to get to the females. Some say the females are driven to get with the males. Truth is most likely a combination of both. The males get the testosterone boost and the females putting off pheromones. Either way the drive to continue the blood line is an ornate designed of every species on the planet.

Not that I am planning on breeding, the question is, "At what point is nature stronger than our desire to keep them from it?" and "The ethics of breeding VS not breeding?". Boy am I asking some real though questions today. I will start a new thread for this discussion.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (01-08-2019)

Thanks

Not sure how you feed her but when I had my golden child she started rejecting rabbits but would take as many rats as offered. That lasted about 4 months, I still offered her a rabbit every feeding. My wife joking suggested that maybe she didn't want it head first and to offer it backwards, sure enough she nailed it instantly. She would only take rabbits that way from then on. Might be worth trying to switch things up.
    1.0 platinum retic "woody"
    0.1 purple albino retic "Jessie"
    0.1 albino corn "evie"

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Snakeboyaz View Post
    Not sure how you feed her but when I had my golden child she started rejecting rabbits but would take as many rats as offered. That lasted about 4 months, I still offered her a rabbit every feeding. My wife joking suggested that maybe she didn't want it head first and to offer it backwards, sure enough she nailed it instantly. She would only take rabbits that way from then on. Might be worth trying to switch things up.
    My male is currently only showing interest in rats, and for whatever reason he will not strike unless he can go for the tail. I have no idea why this started but it’s quite annoying. Especially since I’ve been trying to get him on rabbits, sometimes he seems really interested but won’t strike, so I stick a rat in and he’ll only go for it if I offer it butt first.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dxw425 View Post
    My male is currently only showing interest in rats, and for whatever reason he will not strike unless he can go for the tail. I have no idea why this started but it’s quite annoying. Especially since I’ve been trying to get him on rabbits, sometimes he seems really interested but won’t strike, so I stick a rat in and he’ll only go for it if I offer it butt first.
    Guess he is a booty man? LMAO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12