Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,981

3 members and 2,978 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Soooo why do they have male ballet dancers ?

So given that the male ballet dancers prance around like women ..

I just sat down for a quick ten .. and the wife's watching Tchaikovsky's The Nutcracker Suite ballet ..

Now the music is absolutely amazing but the show could easily be improved...

The male and female dancers all dance the same way so I'm thinking ditch the blokes and the women are definitely overdressed so let's get them in some classy looking lingerie !

Seems a no brainer to me ....

I'd watch it anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

Soooo why do they have male ballet dancers ?

Because it’s a sport / art meant for anyone who wants to do it. Besides that, there are absolutely differences in what the males do vs females in terms of what they wear and the moves they execute, although basic ballet technique is universal. For instance, males lift the females..... females go on pointe, males don’t, etc.

Also, gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by alittleFREE; 01-06-2019 at 02:59 PM.

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

3. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to alittleFREE For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Bogertophis (01-06-2019),hilabeans (01-08-2019),jmcrook (01-06-2019),MD_Pythons (01-06-2019),MissterDog (01-07-2019),redshepherd (01-07-2019),sIeepymoon (01-10-2019),Team Slytherin (01-07-2019),TechnoCheese (09-08-2019),Timelugia (01-07-2019),tttaylorrr (01-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    Don't mess with ballet! And don't underestimate how much training, strength, skill, talent & dedication it takes to make it "look effortless"...it's FAR from that.

You can keep all the head-banging sports like boxing. Football would be far better if they played "tag" & got points taken off for unnecessary roughness, IMO.
    And the athletes might survive their later years too. Let's see some skill (I love to watch most of the Olympics) instead of crash & bash... same reason I'd rather watch dressage than horse-racing. Skill, not force.
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 01-06-2019 at 03:17 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

alittleFREE (01-06-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Prance around like women....that's some emasculation right there. Male ballet dancers are tough as crap.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

alittleFREE (01-06-2019),Bogertophis (01-06-2019),Sonny1318 (01-06-2019),TechnoCheese (09-08-2019),tttaylorrr (01-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts

Re: Soooo why do they have male ballet dancers ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I'd rather watch dressage than horse-racing. Skill, not force.
    In the UK there are steeplechase events specifically for horses aged 10 and up. In the US you'd be hard-pressed to find a four year old still on the track.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-06-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnieskys View Post
    Prance around like women....that's some emasculation right there. Male ballet dancers are tough as crap.
    They're clearly super fit and strong ... just seemed to be doing the same moves as the women today ...

My post was also kinda tongue in cheek , peeps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Don't mess with ballet! And don't underestimate how much training, strength, skill, talent & dedication it takes to make it "look effortless"...it's FAR from that.

You can keep all the head-banging sports like boxing. Football would be far better if they played "tag" & got points taken off for unnecessary roughness, IMO.
    And the athletes might survive their later years too. Let's see some skill (I love to watch most of the Olympics) instead of crash & bash... same reason I'd rather watch dressage than horse-racing. Skill, not force.

How about pay them a real salary....

Give me some old original MMA, not this overpaid commercialized junk going on now.
    You know, when people played for the love of their sport, not endorsements.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (01-07-2019),Craiga 01453 (01-07-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Dressage isn't what it used to be.

Now the horses get rushed through the training, short cuts, corner cuts, you see fake collection and roll kur, rather then true collection and a horse that engages its hind end.
    But I guess whenever competition comes into play, all bets are off.

I've had the MOST fun sorting cattle. I've only done it once and my horse has only done it twice. I thought she would literally poop her pants when she would see the cattle. While its in her "blood" she's never been around them and is a rather spooky/explosive mare. But, she took to it like a fish to water. Was catty, moving left, right, back, whohooo, what fun that was !!! And that needs true collection, to free up the front to be able to move so quick and on a dime

I always find horses perform better when they see a POINT to what they are doing. At least part of their career. I know of one dressage rider/trainer that lets her horses cut and sort cattle in their "off" time. She says it makes a light bulb come on in the horses head. It suddenly makes sense to them to learn to collect themselves, to be able to change speeds, to move laterally, etc. They aren't the most catty of horses, but they can still have fun doing some "real" stuff

Ballet? I find it incredibly boring. However, I can appreciate how STRONG those dancers are. How balanced. I don't doubt for one minute that they put true and hard work into this and that it is not for the faint of heart. Just not my thing.
    Last edited by zina10; 01-07-2019 at 12:31 AM.
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-07-2019),Timelugia (01-07-2019),Zincubus (01-07-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Dressage isn't what it used to be.

Now the horses get rushed through the training, short cuts, corner cuts, you see fake collection and roll kur, rather then true collection and a horse that engages its hind end.
    But I guess whenever competition comes into play, all bets are off.

I've had the MOST fun sorting cattle. I've only done it once and my horse has only done it twice. I thought she would literally poop her pants when she would see the cattle. While its in her "blood" she's never been around them and is a rather spooky/explosive mare. But, she took to it like a fish to water. Was catty, moving left, right, back, whohooo, what fun that was !!! And that needs true collection, to free up the front to be able to move so quick and on a dime

I always find horses perform better when they see a POINT to what they are doing. At least part of their career. I know of one dressage rider/trainer that lets her horses cut and sort cattle in their "off" time. She says it makes a light bulb come on in the horses head. It suddenly makes sense to them to learn to collect themselves, to be able to change speeds, to move laterally, etc. They aren't the most catty of horses, but they can still have fun doing some "real" stuff

Ballet? I find it incredibly boring. However, I can appreciate how STRONG those dancers are. How balanced. I don't doubt for one minute that they put true and hard work into this and that it is not for the faint of heart. Just not my thing.
    Yeah ... as I said the music is magnificent but purely from a bloke's viewpoint I think I could be onto something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    So given that the male ballet dancers prance around like women ..
    Pretty sure in almost any competitive sport or art, the men and women execute the same or similar things. Swimming, track, soccer, basketball. I'm just saying.

"Prance around like women"... considering both professional male and female ballet dances could probably break our skulls with a single kick. Lol
    Last edited by redshepherd; 01-07-2019 at 06:07 AM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

Kira (01-07-2019),MissterDog (01-07-2019)

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast