Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 899

0 members and 899 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2

Thread: Hey

Thanks

Question Hey

Hi I'm new here so it would be nice if people could help me out on this website because it's kinda confusing for me. I live in the northwest and it pretty humid here and I was wondering if I really need to mist a tank to keep a good humidity for ball pythons. I have a million questions about snakes and would love to hear from you guys.

Also I'm wondering if anyone has information on Burmballs or Superballs. Thanks
    Last edited by tickyyy; 01-05-2019 at 06:59 AM.
    do the jah

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Hey

Quote Originally Posted by samsonact View Post
    Hi I'm new here so it would be nice if people could help me out on this website because it's kinda confusing for me. I live in the northwest and it pretty humid here and I was wondering if I really need to mist a tank to keep a good humidity for ball pythons. I have a million questions about snakes and would love to hear from you guys.

Also I'm wondering if anyone has information on Burmballs or Superballs. Thanks
    Welcome. For any husbandry or feeding questions, it is best to list your temps, tank size, type of substrate, % of humidity, number of hides and where, and confirm if your heat mat is on a thermostat. So do you know what % is your humidity at?

Sorry, I am not familiar with morphs to help you out there.

Thanks

I do not have the money to afford a BP right now but I am close. I am just asking questions in preparation as I like to be cautious.

Burmballs and Superballs are hybrid snakes and I am interested in getting one.
    do the jah

Thanks

I do not have the money to afford a BP right now but I am close. I am just asking questions in preparation as I like to be cautious.

Morph Market has/had some normals for $20 the other day.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

I do not have the money to afford a BP right now but I am close. I am just asking questions in preparation as I like to be cautious. .
    Hello, welcome to the forum.

It's important to have your enclosure and all your equipment bought, set up and dialed in before bringing your snake home.

Do you already have your equipment?
    Enclosure, heating equipment, thermostats, temp gun, substrate, hides, water bowl, etc...??

Not knowing your setup it's hard to tell if you'll need to mist daily, weekly, or at all. There's no one cookie cutter answer due to the high number of variables that could affect your personal setup.

Lastly, it's extremely important to have some money stashed away for a vet bill. You never know when something can happen. Part of responsible pet ownership includes being able to afford a vet visit when needed.

I personally don't like hybrid snakes, so I've never priced them out, but due to their rarity I would guess they aren't cheap.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (01-09-2019),tttaylorrr (01-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    Welcome
    1.0 Freddy -Python Regius
    Darby -Boa Imperator
    Kenny -Morelia Bredli
    La Reina -Lampropeltis Californiae
    1.0 Luciano -Drymarchon Melanurus Unicolor
    0.1 Macarena -Heterodon Nasicus Nasicus
    1.0 Hugo -Morelia Spilota Mcdowelli

Morelia Mafia For Life

Thanks

I’m not 100% on this but I don’t think burmballs are easily obtainable for a brand new reptile owner.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DandD For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (01-05-2019),MissterDog (01-09-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,135 Times in 1,197 Posts

Welcome. Read and educate yourself on all the species out there, not just balls. You might find something out there that fits you and what you are looking for specifically. Then it is time to get the correct setup up and running. Also educate yourself on health issues related to what species or morph you are looking at. Find a local exotics vet incase you need them and put money back for an unplanned vet visit (they do happen). Then start shopping for an animal. Normal BPs can be purchased or obtained for less than $20 most of the time. Be in it for the long haul! 20 to 35 years of loving your animal. Price feeders for baby all the way to adult.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyrivers For This Useful Post:

dr del (01-07-2019)