Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,977

1 members and 2,976 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Hatchlings in a FB40/70?

My question is not entirely what it sounds like.

I would love to start a collection of a few balls, but really considering the small size of the collection I’m wondering if it’s possible to only buy one rack. I’ve heard from a few people that it’s possible, just sort of wasteful to keep a hatchling in a tub that big, but it can be done with enough foliage/hides/etc. Just wanting to hear from a broader audience.

Another idea I’ve come up with is “tubception” or “tub inception”, a tub within a tub. Wal mart has sterilite containers that are appropriate for hatchlings (6qt) that the dimensions will fit in either a FB40/70 tub. I’m aware that in a rack I would have to be extremely careful only to have a portion of the smaller tub over the hot spot. As the snakes grow, there are other tub options that will still fit in an FB40/70.

I was considering just doing some hobby breeding attempts later down the road and both ideas came from me wondering what to do with holdbacks.

So between a really well done, well set up FB40/FB70 tub and the “tubception” concept, does anyone here think any of those ideas are worth anything? Open to honest opinions. FB tubs in question will be Grey with cup holder. No semi clear. Sterilite tubs are clear.

Second question is breeding in a FB40 tub possible? Or regardless of weight (let’s make up an example female at 1500g, which is within the FB40 range) do breeding females need the FB70?

Thanks in advance for any responses, and if my questions are stupid, please say so! I’m a firm believer that there aren’t stupid questions, just stupid people that have questions.

-Robert

edit:

Just to be clear, yes I am literally talking about sitting a sterilite container in a tub.
    Last edited by RobertHarp; 01-05-2019 at 02:49 AM. Reason: #yolo

Thanks
    Here you go. Someone also makes a tub divider that goes the long way. I'll see if I can find it. Just saw it the other day.

https://www.freedombreeder.com/produ...fb80-w-divider

Thanks