Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 152

8 members and 144 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

chemdogxxx (28)

» Stats

Members: 64,054
Threads: 238,167
Posts: 2,473,930
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, HouseofNoodles
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 161

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered User MR Snakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2018
    Location
    Rockbound coast of Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,628
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanked 454 Times in 365 Posts

    Favorite 70's/80's Songs and Videos

    I use to work for Daryl Hall and John Oates as a photographer and was brought up on the music of the 70's and 80's. So here's your chance to post your favorite song with or without a video. Feel free to add why you like it.

    My first is an offbeat song by The Cars, Heartbeat City. One of my favorite bands of all time.

    https://youtu.be/-mvwam3GLBY

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MR Snakes For This Useful Post:

    MD_Pythons (01-04-2019),purpleroan (01-24-2019)

  3. #2
    Registered User Jbabycsx's Avatar
    Join Date
    10-07-2018
    Posts
    404
    Thanks
    206
    Thanked 362 Times in 186 Posts

    Re: Favorite 70's/80's Songs and Videos

    I was born in 81 but most of the music I love is from the 70-90 era. Mostly rock and metal but Iíll listen to anything that has a strong message and real instruments. This is one of my favorites from 1980.

    https://youtu.be/wJzNZ1c5C9c


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Registered User MR Snakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2018
    Location
    Rockbound coast of Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,628
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanked 454 Times in 365 Posts

    Re: Favorite 70's/80's Songs and Videos

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbabycsx View Post
    I was born in 81 but most of the music I love is from the 70-90 era. Mostly rock and metal but Iíll listen to anything that has a strong message and real instruments. This is one of my favorites from 1980.

    https://youtu.be/wJzNZ1c5C9c


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great song but was soooooooooooooo overplayed it made you sick for 10 years. Only now can I begin to appreciate it. Good choice!

  5. #4
    Registered User WhompingWillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-24-2018
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 966 Times in 408 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: Favorite 70's/80's Songs and Videos

    Forever Young by Rod Stewart and Deuces Are Wild by Aerosmith are the most special to me. My parents constantly played these and sang them to my sister and I. Now I play them for my kids.

    I generally enjoy most things by Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Tom Petty, The Beatles, AC/DC, Queen... some Stones. Most "golden oldies" and Motown stuff too.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

    MR Snakes (01-04-2019)

  7. #5
    Registered User WhompingWillow's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-24-2018
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    291
    Thanked 966 Times in 408 Posts
    Images: 3

    Re: Favorite 70's/80's Songs and Videos

    Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    Forever Young by Rod Stewart and Deuces Are Wild by Aerosmith are the most special to me. My parents constantly played these and sang them to my sister and I. Now I play them for my kids.

    I generally enjoy most things by Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Tom Petty, The Beatles, AC/DC, Queen... some Stones. Most "golden oldies" and Motown stuff too.
    And Fleetwood Mac!
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (01-04-2019),MR Snakes (01-04-2019)

  9. #6
    Registered User MR Snakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2018
    Location
    Rockbound coast of Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,628
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanked 454 Times in 365 Posts
    Here's another goodie. The Police


    https://youtu.be/svWINSRhQU0

  10. #7
    BPnet Lifer zina10's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    southeast
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    5,661
    Thanked 6,123 Times in 2,594 Posts
    FUN FUN FUN thread, thank you !!!

    Do I have to choose ONE song ?? That is like impossible, the music back then was THE BEST !!!

    Ok, let me pick a big time favorite !!

    The Smithereens - Behind the wall of sleep

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02kvX8f0zgQ


    That song is so freakin awesome ! The other thing about it, its really time less. If you didn't know what era it was from, you could guess 70's, 80's, 90's or whenever since then, really !!

    When I listen to that, I dream of flying down some desert highway, past gorgeous views under a wide open blue sky, nothing but desert mountains and views, flying by in my big truck with all windows and roof top open
    Zina

    0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly Ball Python "Jag"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exup»ry

  11. #8
    Registered User MR Snakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2018
    Location
    Rockbound coast of Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,628
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanked 454 Times in 365 Posts

    Re: Favorite 70's/80's Songs and Videos

    Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    FUN FUN FUN thread, thank you !!!

    Do I have to choose ONE song ?? That is like impossible, the music back then was THE BEST !!!

    Ok, let me pick a big time favorite !!

    The Smithereens - Behind the wall of sleep

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02kvX8f0zgQ


    That song is so freakin awesome ! The other thing about it, its really time less. If you didn't know what era it was from, you could guess 70's, 80's, 90's or whenever since then, really !!

    When I listen to that, I dream of flying down some desert highway, past gorgeous views under a wide open blue sky, nothing but desert mountains and views, flying by in my big truck with all windows and roof top open


    What? No Nena? Falco? (I know, he's Austrian). I'll have one for you later.
    And just think, it was the 70's and 80's when almost everyone in a band actually played an instrument!!!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to MR Snakes For This Useful Post:

    zina10 (01-04-2019)

  13. #9
    BPnet Lifer zina10's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    southeast
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    5,661
    Thanked 6,123 Times in 2,594 Posts

    Re: Favorite 70's/80's Songs and Videos

    Quote Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    What? No Nena? Falco? (I know, he's Austrian). I'll have one for you later.
    And just think, it was the 70's and 80's when almost everyone in a band actually played an instrument!!!

    Sheesh, I think it would be easier to answer what I DIDN'T like, since I like almost ALL of it.

    It is also the best music to listen to while working. When I painted rooms or laid tiles, the 80's blaring, and you almost dance along while working, so much more fun that way

    When I work out...the 80's are on!! And I can go for hours!!

    When I just feel like letting loose, Smeagol and I have our own little 80's party, music a couple of drinks, dancing and singing along. Sometimes it ends up in a little craziness like a 3 am "80's dress up session" which resulted in this (hair would have been BIGGER if I had any hairspray left..LOL) >>>>



    It has also resulted in the brilliant idea to cut my own hair, give myself bangs again (3 am, while listening to the 80's). I remember waking up next morning and thinking, OMG, did I really do this? Running to the mirror, yup, I did !!!


    There is just so much good music. Nowadays can't even hold a candle. And now you have me listening to it Currently : Duran Duran, Ordinary World . Great song. And yes, Falco and Nena were cool, too.
    Zina

    0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly Ball Python "Jag"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exup»ry

  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

    CALM Pythons (01-07-2019),Dianne (01-04-2019),MR Snakes (01-04-2019),PitOnTheProwl (01-04-2019)

  15. #10
    Registered User MR Snakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2018
    Location
    Rockbound coast of Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,628
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanked 454 Times in 365 Posts

    Re: Favorite 70's/80's Songs and Videos

    Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Sheesh, I think it would be easier to answer what I DIDN'T like, since I like almost ALL of it.

    It is also the best music to listen to while working. When I painted rooms or laid tiles, the 80's blaring, and you almost dance along while working, so much more fun that way

    When I work out...the 80's are on!! And I can go for hours!!

    When I just feel like letting loose, Smeagol and I have our own little 80's party, music a couple of drinks, dancing and singing along. Sometimes it ends up in a little craziness like a 3 am "80's dress up session" which resulted in this (hair would have been BIGGER if I had any hairspray left..LOL) >>>>



    It has also resulted in the brilliant idea to cut my own hair, give myself bangs again (3 am, while listening to the 80's). I remember waking up next morning and thinking, OMG, did I really do this? Running to the mirror, yup, I did !!!


    There is just so much good music. Nowadays can't even hold a candle. And now you have me listening to it Currently : Duran Duran, Ordinary World . Great song. And yes, Falco and Nena were cool, too.


    OK, I can't help it with that picture. My 80's song for you. I have to hide like a BP!

    https://youtu.be/d812E8q7I4A

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to MR Snakes For This Useful Post:

    zina10 (01-04-2019)

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1