Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,104

3 members and 3,101 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Couple of questions about tank size and feeding

Quote Originally Posted by cletus View Post
    None of my boas. Ever. They know the second I bring rodents into the room and go into feeding mode. The BPs are a different story. Some have insane feeding response and it's like pulling teeth getting some of them to eat. I'm about done with BPs. Kind of at the end of my rope with one of them.
    thats really tough Cletus. I feel like you need a thread of your own. This last time I had to work so hard to get my guy to eat, I did a goggle search on reluctant feeders and found a utube video by one guy who shared his trick. He picks reluctant feeders up by their tails, not at the end, but about a third of the way down, hangs them upside down, then offers the food. He says it works about 30% of the time...

i wonder what what it is about Ball Pythons that makes them so reluctant.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damselle View Post
    thats really tough Cletus. I feel like you need a thread of your own. This last time I had to work so hard to get my guy to eat, I did a goggle search on reluctant feeders and found a utube video by one guy who shared his trick. He picks reluctant feeders up by their tails, not at the end, but about a third of the way down, hangs them upside down, then offers the food. He says it works about 30% of the time...

i wonder what what it is about Ball Pythons that makes them so reluctant.
    Never heard of such a thing! Sounds like you'd only get a defensive (p.o.'d) strike out of that maneuver, but that said, sometimes if you can just get a snake to
    TASTE their food they'll go ahead & eat...it's like "oh, duh...food?" LOL (Still, I cannot imagine EVER picking up a snake that way, just saying.)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Never heard of such a thing! Sounds like you'd only get a defensive (p.o.'d) strike out of that maneuver, but that said, sometimes if you can just get a snake to
    TASTE their food they'll go ahead & eat...it's like "oh, duh...food?" LOL (Still, I cannot imagine EVER picking up a snake that way, just saying.)
    yeah. Totally. But if he gets them to eat, I burped. I didn't see any babies in the video. They were all good sized adults.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12