Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,832

1 members and 2,831 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,101 Times in 460 Posts

Re: Calling all knitters!

Here's my latest project. I have finished one sock and one fingerless glove from the same skein of Felici. Now I've started the news off and I'll have enough to have a second glove too!

This is a simple checkerboard pattern.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-02-2019),Dianne (01-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FollowTheSun View Post
    Here's my latest project. I have finished one sock and one fingerless glove from the same skein of Felici. Now I've started the news off and I'll have enough to have a second glove too!

This is a simple checkerboard pattern.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Wow, that is BEAUTIFUL !!!

Looks so much more involved then the original pattern ! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the fingerless gloves!

I'm sorry, I got the Bamboo yarn at Mary Maxim. I got quite a lot of yarn there, but I stocked up years ago and haven't bought in a while, that is why I couldn't remember.
    I mostly buy from Knitpicks and Mary Maxim. The odd one in a store, but they usually don't have a good selection.

I just checked and that Bamboo yarn has been discontinued. That is a shame, was a nice alternative for wool allergic people. It was made from 75% rayon from bamboo and 25% nylon/polyamide. I found some other yarn that has bamboo in it, but it also contains wool.

This is what I had

Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (01-02-2019)

Thanks
    Ahh too bad about it being discontinued. I think sock knitting went through a craze a few years ago and is now not as popular.

My socks are not that complicated at all-- the main body of this pair is:
    K4P4 x four rows, then
    P4K4 x four rows, etc.

The fingerless glove pattern is super easy. I came up with it myself after lots of trial and error and trying to get too complicated-- found that this simple one worked best:

Size 1 needles

Wrist cuff:
    CO 64
    K2P2 for about 16 or so rows (depending on striping)

Body:
    You can then continue this K2P2 pattern, or just straight K or whatever you want for about 40 rows

Thumb hole (basically a large button hole)
    K1, Bind off 8, K the rest of the way around
    K1, CO8, K the rest of the way around

Hand:
    K2P2 for 16 or so rows.
    Bind off in the K2P2 pattern with a slightly larger needle (I just use a size 2)
    Last edited by FollowTheSun; 01-01-2019 at 09:05 PM.
    2 BP's, one ratsnake, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 small caged birds, 7 chickens, and a toddler in a pear tree

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

zina10 (01-01-2019)

Thanks
    I'm definitely going to try the gloves !!!

I need new yarn. When my mom comes to visit from Germany she knits. And she uses up all my yarn, esp. my leftovers, too. She has the patience to make socks out of several leftovers . I would HATE that, LOL.

I have been browsing online some. Can't find anything I like at Mary Maxim. But simply socks yarn company has a few I like. Esp. the ones that are self striping etc.
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

FollowTheSun (01-02-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I'm definitely going to try the gloves !!!

I need new yarn. When my mom comes to visit from Germany she knits. And she uses up all my yarn, esp. my leftovers, too. She has the patience to make socks out of several leftovers . I would HATE that, LOL.

I have been browsing online some. Can't find anything I like at Mary Maxim. But simply socks yarn company has a few I like. Esp. the ones that are self striping etc.

Your mom needs to bring you some good yarn from Germany! My friend from Germany used to bring me Regia sock yarn. So nice! Not as soft as Knitpicks but very pretty

Thanks

Your mom needs to bring you some good yarn from Germany! My friend from Germany used to bring me Regia sock yarn. So nice! Not as soft as Knitpicks but very pretty
    I always get on Amazon.de to order her some yarn to be sent straight to her house (amazon in Germany) She is not really a online person and always complained about blah color selections in stores, LOL.

I have used some Regia and it is very nice. Well, I just placed a good sized order on simpy socks yarn company. Since my mom cleaned me out completely !!! LOL. She always comes over and then goes on and on that I bought way to much and that she has to knit it all away. HAHA. In truth, she loves to do it.

I mostly knit in winter, and not all the time. It comes over me in waves. In the summer I'm usually to busy, since daylight lasts longer. I'm a very outdoor person. And also do a lot of home improvement, or mess with my vehicle and do other chores. I need to have leisure time to sit down and knit. But when I get that, I do enjoy it immensely.

I'm going to make some gloves !!!
    Zina

11. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

FollowTheSun (01-02-2019)

Thanks

I always get on Amazon.de to order her some yarn to be sent straight to her house (amazon in Germany) She is not really a online person and always complained about blah color selections in stores, LOL.

I have used some Regia and it is very nice. Well, I just placed a good sized order on simpy socks yarn company. Since my mom cleaned me out completely !!! LOL. She always comes over and then goes on and on that I bought way to much and that she has to knit it all away. HAHA. In truth, she loves to do it.

I mostly knit in winter, and not all the time. It comes over me in waves. In the summer I'm usually to busy, since daylight lasts longer. I'm a very outdoor person. And also do a lot of home improvement, or mess with my vehicle and do other chores. I need to have leisure time to sit down and knit. But when I get that, I do enjoy it immensely.

I'm going to make some gloves !!!
    I'm going to make my next pair of socks ribbed all the way down like yours are. So now we both have something to look forward to for our next projects!

(I'm also awaiting an order from Knitpicks for Felici sock yarn-- they are often out of it so I grab some when it's available)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FollowTheSun For This Useful Post:

zina10 (01-02-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    FollowTheSun, you make BEAUTIFUL socks & gloves!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

FollowTheSun (01-02-2019),zina10 (01-02-2019)

Thanks

I'm going to make my next pair of socks ribbed all the way down like yours are. So now we both have something to look forward to for our next projects!

(I'm also awaiting an order from Knitpicks for Felici sock yarn-- they are often out of it so I grab some when it's available)
    I'm so bad...I also ordered some yarn on ebay. Much better price for quality yarn like Opal.

Now my mom is going to feel compelled to knit like a mad woman She and my brother are coming early this year, in April, then my sister and family are coming in July. I can only hope this years weather is better, last year was horrible.

But all this rain and blah weather is making me dig out my knitting stuff.

The reason I do ribbed all the way down is because I always turn the cuff over. Just like to wear them that way.

I thought about making something to wear around the neck for some warmth. Not a shawl or anything. I HATE bulky stuff around my neck, feels like wearing a big fluffy animal wrapped around the neck, chocking the life out of me, getting tangled with my hair, etc..

Something that is closer fitting and short, just enough to add some warmth on my neck, just a bit longer in front, and with a button closure. Zero bulk. Easy to wear with a hoodie or jacket out at the barn where I can't wear something big and floppy.

I find home made socks to be so warm, despite not being bulky and thick. I want something like that to protect my neck and throat A neck sock ???
    Last edited by zina10; 01-02-2019 at 01:39 PM.
    Zina

Thanks

I'm so bad...I also ordered some yarn on ebay. Much better price for quality yarn like Opal.

Now my mom is going to feel compelled to knit like a mad woman She and my brother are coming early this year, in April, then my sister and family are coming in July. I can only hope this years weather is better, last year was horrible.

But all this rain and blah weather is making me dig out my knitting stuff.

The reason I do ribbed all the way down is because I always turn the cuff over. Just like to wear them that way.

I thought about making something to wear around the neck for some warmth. Not a shawl or anything. I HATE bulky stuff around my neck, feels like wearing a big fluffy animal wrapped around the neck, chocking the life out of me, getting tangled with my hair, etc..

Something that is closer fitting and short, just enough to add some warmth on my neck, just a bit longer in front, and with a button closure. Zero bulk. Easy to wear with a hoodie or jacket out at the barn where I can't wear something big and floppy.

I find home made socks to be so warm, despite not being bulky and thick. I want something like that to protect my neck and throat A neck sock ???

Have you found a pattern for your neck warmer yet? I made a neat infinity scarf last year. It was really easy, but killed my hands (size 8s). There are some cute cowl patterns out there for free.

https://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/D...D56076220.html

I like the knitpicks Felici yarn because it's soft and I can make baby hats out of it if I want to, without it being too scratchy. Please show off your stash when you get your new yarn!!

I have found that if I knit two plain rows to transition from the ribbed cuff to the main body of the sock, it turns over pretty well, but my earlier socks didn't turn over well at all. I like to wear them turned down, too. The styles have changed since I started knitting-- it used to be a sock that was calf-length was the thing to make.

I have been drooling over this since I first saw it years ago-- I would never be able to do it though-- hands. :-( But that's okay-- I love my socks and gloves.
    https://www.knitpicks.com/patterns/H...D41112220.html
    Last edited by FollowTheSun; 01-02-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast