Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 362

12 members and 350 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 08:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 64,009
Threads: 238,116
Posts: 2,473,414
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Mule 66
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 46
  1. #1
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,192
    Thanks
    2,022
    Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,001 Posts

    The 'important' things in life :)

    Now I'm thinking materialistic things not love , happiness and family etc

    My important 'things' in no particular order ..
    RAV4
    IPad
    Iphone
    Internet
    Chromecast
    Shazam
    YouTube
    Sky
    Sky+
    SkyGo
    BT Sport app
    ElevenSports app
    Netflix
    TapaTalk ( free Forum app )
    QuizUp app
    Live Footie on TV app
    Evernote app ( free )
    DropBox
    TuneIn Radio ( free)


    Oh and a certain Russian MP3 downloads site

    Special mentions for :-
    Instagram
    Twitter
    Reddit
    Imgur
    Flickr
    .. and FlightRadar24 app ( free) of course


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    zina10 (12-30-2018)

  3. #2
    Registered User MR Snakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2018
    Location
    Rockbound coast of Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,628
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanked 454 Times in 365 Posts
    Wow, I can't think that much. Probably the things that keep my family warm and safe and dry.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MR Snakes For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (12-30-2018),Zincubus (12-30-2018)

  5. #3
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,192
    Thanks
    2,022
    Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Re: The 'important' things in life :)

    Quote Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    Wow, I can't think that much. Probably the things that keep my family warm and safe and dry.
    Guess that's a correct answer


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




  6. #4
    BPnet Lifer zina10's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    southeast
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    5,660
    Thanked 6,123 Times in 2,594 Posts
    Ok...

    ASIDE from the important things (family, happiness, being contend)

    and the truly necessary ones (home, heat, food, etc)

    there are those I like..



    - Internet (and computer)

    It can be such an amazing tool for research. If you have a hungry mind (like I do) you can research everything and anything in great detail. Sometimes I watch a movie and it may be based on a true event or a real person and it catches my interest. Off I am to google and get lost in the information. Also wonderful to look up countries, history, animals, oh so much. Endless opportunity to learn from the comfort of your home Also like the ability to watch TV on the computer, to stream shows I like to revisit (currently CSI). Its also a nice tool for people with social anxieties. They get to be on social media, talking to people, without the stressors of actually being around people. Of course that isn't something that people should do exclusively, turn into a complete recluse. But it does take off some of the pressure for people that really have issues with that.


    - Smart phone

    Its not just for checking facebook, LOL !! I live in an area that is known for severe weather. Often popping out of nowhere. When I go out to the barn, I like to check the weather. To see how it will be that day, to see how it will be the following day, to track any severe weather that may come my way. To heed warnings. I was once actually out on the pasture, catching 2 horses and taking them to their stalls, while a tornado was less then a quarter mile away. Sirens went off while I was running along with 2 horses. In an area densely populated by tall trees. Needless to say, that one came WITHOUT warning and I found out later that it was already on the ground as the sirens went off. Its also nice to check email or track shipments, etc. Yeah, and being able to call someone and be reached.


    - Kindle

    I LOVE to read. LOVE it. Always have. I devour books. I used to like buying big books/long stories, because they would last longer. Being such a fan of books I resisted the Kindle craze for a while. It seemed almost sacrilegious to me to read on a electronic device, rather then a actual book. Eventually, I tried it. And realized how much easier it is to hold a Kindle, rather then a huge book. When they came out with lighted Kindles, oh joy!!! I read in bed to fall asleep, and now I don't have to leave the bedside lamp on. Eventually I fall asleep clutching my Kindle, it turns off automatically some time later and in the morning I find it somewhere nearby, LOL. Its great that the screens are non glare and very much look like pages of a book. No eye strain. Plus I get countless free books. I signed up on a site that sends you daily deals of free or cheap books and I download them. Of course I also get the books I actually look for, they usually cost less then the paper version. Great thing is I can get a book immediately if I want to. No having to go to a store to find it.


    -Sound Machine

    I can't sleep without it. If a house was truly dead quiet, I could deal with it. But there are always some noises. And they wake me up. So having a sound machine run with a constant but soothing noise is wonderful. I can't stand the cheap sound machines, though. The ones that sound terrible and fake and have a "loop". Meaning the sound plays for 30 seconds or a minute and then starts over. Its seamless but your brain still starts honing on to that "repeat" and it gets irritating.


    - my Ford F-350 King Ranch

    I just love that thing. Its now 8 years old, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything. I get made fun of at times, because the truck is huge and I am not. But hey, I can see over the steering wheel, so all is good


    There is a lot more, of course, but those are the ones I can think of right away
    Zina

    0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly Ball Python "Jag"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupČry

  7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

    Dianne (12-30-2018),purpleroan (12-31-2018),Zincubus (12-30-2018)

  8. #5
    Registered User MR Snakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2018
    Location
    Rockbound coast of Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,628
    Thanks
    1,233
    Thanked 454 Times in 365 Posts

    Re: The 'important' things in life :)

    Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Ok...

    ASIDE from the important things (family, happiness, being contend)

    and the truly necessary ones (home, heat, food, etc)

    there are those I like..



    - Internet (and computer)

    It can be such an amazing tool for research. If you have a hungry mind (like I do) you can research everything and anything in great detail. Sometimes I watch a movie and it may be based on a true event or a real person and it catches my interest. Off I am to google and get lost in the information. Also wonderful to look up countries, history, animals, oh so much. Endless opportunity to learn from the comfort of your home Also like the ability to watch TV on the computer, to stream shows I like to revisit (currently CSI). Its also a nice tool for people with social anxieties. They get to be on social media, talking to people, without the stressors of actually being around people. Of course that isn't something that people should do exclusively, turn into a complete recluse. But it does take off some of the pressure for people that really have issues with that.


    - Smart phone

    Its not just for checking facebook, LOL !! I live in an area that is known for severe weather. Often popping out of nowhere. When I go out to the barn, I like to check the weather. To see how it will be that day, to see how it will be the following day, to track any severe weather that may come my way. To heed warnings. I was once actually out on the pasture, catching 2 horses and taking them to their stalls, while a tornado was less then a quarter mile away. Sirens went off while I was running along with 2 horses. In an area densely populated by tall trees. Needless to say, that one came WITHOUT warning and I found out later that it was already on the ground as the sirens went off. Its also nice to check email or track shipments, etc. Yeah, and being able to call someone and be reached.


    - Kindle

    I LOVE to read. LOVE it. Always have. I devour books. I used to like buying big books/long stories, because they would last longer. Being such a fan of books I resisted the Kindle craze for a while. It seemed almost sacrilegious to me to read on a electronic device, rather then a actual book. Eventually, I tried it. And realized how much easier it is to hold a Kindle, rather then a huge book. When they came out with lighted Kindles, oh joy!!! I read in bed to fall asleep, and now I don't have to leave the bedside lamp on. Eventually I fall asleep clutching my Kindle, it turns off automatically some time later and in the morning I find it somewhere nearby, LOL. Its great that the screens are non glare and very much look like pages of a book. No eye strain. Plus I get countless free books. I signed up on a site that sends you daily deals of free or cheap books and I download them. Of course I also get the books I actually look for, they usually cost less then the paper version. Great thing is I can get a book immediately if I want to. No having to go to a store to find it.


    -Sound Machine

    I can't sleep without it. If a house was truly dead quiet, I could deal with it. But there are always some noises. And they wake me up. So having a sound machine run with a constant but soothing noise is wonderful. I can't stand the cheap sound machines, though. The ones that sound terrible and fake and have a "loop". Meaning the sound plays for 30 seconds or a minute and then starts over. Its seamless but your brain still starts honing on to that "repeat" and it gets irritating.


    - my Ford F-350 King Ranch

    I just love that thing. Its now 8 years old, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything. I get made fun of at times, because the truck is huge and I am not. But hey, I can see over the steering wheel, so all is good


    There is a lot more, of course, but those are the ones I can think of right away


    No,no, no. You can't keep Asiding things!!!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to MR Snakes For This Useful Post:

    zina10 (12-30-2018)

  10. #6
    BPnet Lifer zina10's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    southeast
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    5,660
    Thanked 6,123 Times in 2,594 Posts

    Re: The 'important' things in life :)

    Quote Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    No,no, no. You can't keep Asiding things!!!
    Don't tell a woman what she can and cannot do. Never ends well


    Besides, Zincubus did say this was about materialistic things. So
    Zina

    0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly Ball Python "Jag"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupČry

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (12-30-2018)

  12. #7
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,192
    Thanks
    2,022
    Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Re: The 'important' things in life :)

    Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Ok...

    ASIDE from the important things (family, happiness, being contend)

    and the truly necessary ones (home, heat, food, etc)

    there are those I like..



    - Internet (and computer)

    It can be such an amazing tool for research. If you have a hungry mind (like I do) you can research everything and anything in great detail. Sometimes I watch a movie and it may be based on a true event or a real person and it catches my interest. Off I am to google and get lost in the information. Also wonderful to look up countries, history, animals, oh so much. Endless opportunity to learn from the comfort of your home Also like the ability to watch TV on the computer, to stream shows I like to revisit (currently CSI). Its also a nice tool for people with social anxieties. They get to be on social media, talking to people, without the stressors of actually being around people. Of course that isn't something that people should do exclusively, turn into a complete recluse. But it does take off some of the pressure for people that really have issues with that.


    - Smart phone

    Its not just for checking facebook, LOL !! I live in an area that is known for severe weather. Often popping out of nowhere. When I go out to the barn, I like to check the weather. To see how it will be that day, to see how it will be the following day, to track any severe weather that may come my way. To heed warnings. I was once actually out on the pasture, catching 2 horses and taking them to their stalls, while a tornado was less then a quarter mile away. Sirens went off while I was running along with 2 horses. In an area densely populated by tall trees. Needless to say, that one came WITHOUT warning and I found out later that it was already on the ground as the sirens went off. Its also nice to check email or track shipments, etc. Yeah, and being able to call someone and be reached.


    - Kindle

    I LOVE to read. LOVE it. Always have. I devour books. I used to like buying big books/long stories, because they would last longer. Being such a fan of books I resisted the Kindle craze for a while. It seemed almost sacrilegious to me to read on a electronic device, rather then a actual book. Eventually, I tried it. And realized how much easier it is to hold a Kindle, rather then a huge book. When they came out with lighted Kindles, oh joy!!! I read in bed to fall asleep, and now I don't have to leave the bedside lamp on. Eventually I fall asleep clutching my Kindle, it turns off automatically some time later and in the morning I find it somewhere nearby, LOL. Its great that the screens are non glare and very much look like pages of a book. No eye strain. Plus I get countless free books. I signed up on a site that sends you daily deals of free or cheap books and I download them. Of course I also get the books I actually look for, they usually cost less then the paper version. Great thing is I can get a book immediately if I want to. No having to go to a store to find it.


    -Sound Machine

    I can't sleep without it. If a house was truly dead quiet, I could deal with it. But there are always some noises. And they wake me up. So having a sound machine run with a constant but soothing noise is wonderful. I can't stand the cheap sound machines, though. The ones that sound terrible and fake and have a "loop". Meaning the sound plays for 30 seconds or a minute and then starts over. Its seamless but your brain still starts honing on to that "repeat" and it gets irritating.


    - my Ford F-350 King Ranch

    I just love that thing. Its now 8 years old, but I still wouldn't trade it for anything. I get made fun of at times, because the truck is huge and I am not. But hey, I can see over the steering wheel, so all is good


    There is a lot more, of course, but those are the ones I can think of right away
    Your section on the Internet is exactly how I feel about things..

    I love movies based on real people or events , even historical offerings and then I read up afterwards ..

    I also get lost in YouTube 'wormholes' where you watch something and see something linked at the side so you watch that and see something linked to that ... etc ..

    I've also got a lovely old motor
    A 16 years old Toyota RAV4 that runs smoother the older it gets and never , ever breaks down . Passes the MOT test year after year .. it's also high up and is just so much fun to drive

    We had some snow and ice last year and the traffic was gridlocked cars slipping , big trucks stuck and parked up everywhere yet the RAV4 just drove and gripped beautifully and I drove in and out of stranded vehicles , up and down hills





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    zina10 (12-30-2018)

  14. #8
    BPnet Lifer zina10's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    southeast
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    5,660
    Thanked 6,123 Times in 2,594 Posts

    Re: The 'important' things in life :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Your section on the Internet is exactly how I feel about things..

    I love movies based on real people or events , even historical offerings and then I read up afterwards ..

    I also get lost in YouTube 'wormholes' where you watch something and see something linked at the side so you watch that and see something linked to that ... etc ..

    I've also got a lovely old motor
    A 16 years old Toyota RAV4 that runs smoother the older it gets and never , ever breaks down . Passes the MOT test year after year .. it's also high up and is just so much fun to drive

    We had some snow and ice last year and the traffic was gridlocked cars slipping , big trucks stuck and parked up everywhere yet the RAV4 just drove and gripped beautifully and I drove in and out of stranded vehicles , up and down hills





    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Your Toyota sounds like a lot of fun !! I bet you drove around the stranded people in circles, just having fun !!! LOL

    I haven't had any big break downs yet (knock on wood) but my turbo diesel truck is already not built like the old diesels were. I have a friend at the barn that has a old F250 that has over 400,000 miles on it !!!! Original motor, original transmission. And she regularly hauls a big horse trailer to shows. Now that is quality there I can only hope my truck will keep on going for a long time without ending up a fortune in repair costs. So far so good, though.

    I do know one thing, even if I eventually go to a smaller vehicle, it will still be a "higher up" one, some sporty SUV or something like that. Not the ones that resemble mini vans


    I do the same thing on youtube. It can get quite disturbing at times, though. I have no idea how I landed there, but the interviews with mentally ill patients that were filmed decades ago. Disturbing. And so sad.

    But it really IS wonderful to be able to look something up, as soon as the interest comes up. To me that is the biggest plus of the internet there is. Watching funny cat clips isn't bad either, though, LOL !!!

    Oh, and what would we do without google and youtube when it comes to home improvement or fixing something !! Or even diagnosing the issue. I have fixed issues on vehicles myself more then once. I love being educated on the issue BEFORE calling a repair man or dropping something off to be fixed, if it can't be done by myself. I have replaced window motors on cars, etc. I have fixed someone's computer. Gosh, there is a fix for everything out there, one just has to look and research long enough Also so many tips on home improvement. Tips on making it easier to tile floors or walls, lay wood floor, etc.
    Zina

    0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly Ball Python "Jag"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupČry

  15. #9
    Registered User Dianne's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-26-2018
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,229
    Thanks
    3,237
    Thanked 1,453 Times in 842 Posts
    Images: 17

    Re: The 'important' things in life :)

    Well Zina and Zinc covered most of my things...I’m a huge bookworm so I love my Kindle Paperwhite as well as hard copy books. I work on a pc all day, so I love being able to relax on the sofa with my iPad. Youtube, Google, and Pinterest are daily activities for the most part, as are Facebook and this forum. I’m also a big car nut, and my other half and I built a nice stable of automobiles that I wouldn’t part with for anything. In fact, I was out driving earlier today.
    Other Snakes:
    Duncan
    - 1992 0.1 Bci; Hudson 1988 1.0 Colombian rainbow; Yang 2002 1.0 Corn snake; Merlin 2000 1.0 Solomon Island ground boa; Kett 2015 1.0 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet python

    Ball pythons:
    Eli 1990 1.0 Normal; Buttercup 2015 1.0 Albino; Artemis 2015 0.1 Dragonfly; Orion 2015 1.0 Banana Pinstripe; Button 2018 1.0 Blue Eyed Lucy; Piper 2018 0.1 Piebald; Belle 2018 0.1 Lemonblast; Sabrina 2017 0.1 Mojave; Selene 2017 0.1 Banana Mojave; Loki 2018 1.0 Pastel Mystic Potion; Cuervo 2018 1.0 Banana Piebald; Claude 2017 1.0 Albino Pastel Spider; Penelope 2016 0.1 Lesser

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

    zina10 (12-30-2018),Zincubus (12-30-2018)

  17. #10
    BPnet Lifer Zincubus's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-22-2011
    Posts
    5,192
    Thanks
    2,022
    Thanked 3,114 Times in 2,001 Posts

    Re: The 'important' things in life :)

    Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Your Toyota sounds like a lot of fun !! I bet you drove around the stranded people in circles, just having fun !!! LOL

    I haven't had any big break downs yet (knock on wood) but my turbo diesel truck is already not built like the old diesels were. I have a friend at the barn that has a old F250 that has over 400,000 miles on it !!!! Original motor, original transmission. And she regularly hauls a big horse trailer to shows. Now that is quality there I can only hope my truck will keep on going for a long time without ending up a fortune in repair costs. So far so good, though.

    I do know one thing, even if I eventually go to a smaller vehicle, it will still be a "higher up" one, some sporty SUV or something like that. Not the ones that resemble mini vans


    I do the same thing on youtube. It can get quite disturbing at times, though. I have no idea how I landed there, but the interviews with mentally ill patients that were filmed decades ago. Disturbing. And so sad.

    But it really IS wonderful to be able to look something up, as soon as the interest comes up. To me that is the biggest plus of the internet there is. Watching funny cat clips isn't bad either, though, LOL !!!

    Oh, and what would we do without google and youtube when it comes to home improvement or fixing something !! Or even diagnosing the issue. I have fixed issues on vehicles myself more then once. I love being educated on the issue BEFORE calling a repair man or dropping something off to be fixed, if it can't be done by myself. I have replaced window motors on cars, etc. I have fixed someone's computer. Gosh, there is a fix for everything out there, one just has to look and research long enough Also so many tips on home improvement. Tips on making it easier to tile floors or walls, lay wood floor, etc.
    That's another benefit of YouTube, the 'help' and 'fix it' vids ..

    I need to 'see' something demonstrated to understand ..


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro




  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

    zina10 (12-30-2018)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1