Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,712

2 members and 2,710 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Thanks

Re: Some thoughts on Reptile Prime

I also switched to Reptile Prime a while back and do not anticipate using anything else for my snakes, for all of the reasons mentioned above. I do not mind the price as it does not take that much at all for my ball python and about 1/2 to 3/4 a bag for my blood python. The blood loves to bury himself in there leaving only his head out, lol. I am happy you found this product and like it so much.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    ...... and the reptile prime is AWESOME.

Definitely a bit pricey...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Actually I followed the video to the web page where they sell 24 quart bag for $20.99 and that is with free shipping (in the lower 48) That is the same price as I just paid for eco-earth 24q at Walmart so really not bad at all. I was kind of impressed by the video. Didn't realize the stuff was so fluffy like Eco-Earth is. I thought it would be more bark like and be hard to spot clean. I think Eco-Earth is easy to grab up and spot clean. But now I see that Reptile Prime might also be easy to grab a hand full of the spoiled area. As well as more absorbent. Am I right? Is it easy to grab up a handful?
    Thanks for sharing the video and web site they sell it on. After my Eco-earth is gone I hope to order a 24 qt. bag of Reptile Prime.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonsrock2 View Post
    Actually I followed the video to the web page where they sell 24 quart bag for $20.99 and that is with free shipping (in the lower 48) That is the same price as I just paid for eco-earth 24q at Walmart so really not bad at all. I was kind of impressed by the video. Didn't realize the stuff was so fluffy like Eco-Earth is. I thought it would be more bark like and be hard to spot clean. I think Eco-Earth is easy to grab up and spot clean. But now I see that Reptile Prime might also be easy to grab a hand full of the spoiled area. As well as more absorbent. Am I right? Is it easy to grab up a handful?
    Thanks for sharing the video and web site they sell it on. After my Eco-earth is gone I hope to order a 24 qt. bag of Reptile Prime.
    I never bought the bags of eco earth, too pricey xD
    I always bought 3 bricks of eco earth that each were close to that 24qt amount when broken apart for $10, so the price difference is fairly substantial from that perspective. After getting what amounts to a 24qt bag in brick form for ~$3 each, a $21 bag seems a lot more expensive, but I buy that for all of my humidity snakes now anyway. Amazon sells it at that price with prime shipping even, so that's usually where I go.

I find it is just as easy to spot clean. The "fine" version of the reptile prime is nearly identical in texture to eco earth, the regular is a big larger strings/pieces but cleans up just as well for me. Even the fine reptile prime doesn't have any of the negatives I found with the eco earth.

It does absorb much more water AND without feeling wet/sticking to you hand when touched. Eco earth for me always got wet to the touch too easily and would almost turn muddy and stick to all sorts of things if a snake spilled water or it was misted too much. I would honestly say the reptile prime is fluffier, at least until they compress it down moving over it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

ballpythonsrock2 (02-07-2019)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Without reading all of the thread I'll say paying a little extra for the convenience Reptile Prime offers vs soaking and drying a brick of something - worth it to me. Holds humidity very well, doesn't rot, my snakes can burrow in it, and it looks great.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

Thanks
    Is ReptiPrime truly dust free though? I find this hard to believe.

I'm sure my Woma would like it for burrowing. But dust free...I've used EcoEarth and other bulk products in the plant industry, none are dust free. I'm curious... I'm still using aspen for now.
    Last edited by viper69; 02-24-2019 at 02:13 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456