Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,278

0 members and 3,278 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42

Threaded View

Thanks

Re: Doesn't Want To Eat...

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Carpets can surprise you with how large a prey that they can take. I’m not saying to throw caution to the wind on Carpets, but it’s ok to experiment within reason. If the prey item IS TOO big then she will regurgitate it. Not good, but not devastating either. All 3 of my Coastals are 8 footers and take XL/Jumbo rats.

My Jungles are 7 or more feet long and take large rats. However my female is a bit like Xena. She still begs for hours after her meal. And basically stays in hunting mode until her next meal 3.5-4 weeks later. I am seriously considering moving her up to an XL/Jumbo to calm her down.

Just some food for thought. Remember, everything is is not engraved in stone. Guidelines are just guidelines, not hard fast rules.
    You have some very beautiful snake's
    Thank you for your advice and sharing your experiences! It's helped out a lot and definitely put it all into perspective for me! I think I forget how robust snake's can be! It took me all my time to start feeding Xena the large rats as I was so worried about the size comparison of her tiny head to the big rat (she hasn't got the bulky carpet head of an adult yet!)
    I'll stop worrying so much now and won't offer food for another 3-4 weeks and see how she goes!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FlowerKez For This Useful Post:

Reinz (12-24-2018)