Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 529

2 members and 527 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Albino KSB Breeding Questions

I currently have two female KSBs, an anery and a nuclear and have just ordered a male to possibly pair with them in the future (albino dodoma cross het anery).

I have seen many pictures of albino (non-paradox) KSB online and have always wondered something.

There appear to be two different color types of albinos. Some have a very pale (cream like) background color, while others have a much darker pink / tan appearing background color. I have seen this with varying amounts of orange and on animals that are snows and normal albinos.

My questions for those of you working with albino KSB, is whether this difference in background color is just color variation within the same gene mutation or if they are different types of albino (i.e. kahl vs. sharp, T+ vs. T-, etc.)? Also, whether or not there is background color variation in the same litter and if normal albino hets that are produced show a background color difference (i.e. darker black vs. a lighter background color).

If you have any insight on this issue, I'd greatly appreciate your input.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    I did some other research and thought I'd re-post what I found so that anyone searching in the future might get this info as well.

The "normal" Kenyan sand boa albino morph is also called "bell albino". It is the only other albino morph present besides "paradox" albinos.

Bell line albinos come in various shades and albinos can produce offspring of different shades in the same litter. The lighter bodied albinos tend to come from animals with more black pigment and may be able to be selected for.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS