Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,843

2 members and 2,841 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Re: Show me your (adult and baby) blue-eyed lucies!

As promised, here is Arya after her shed. She does have a bit of a dorsal stripe, but it's more of a light pink, not yellow. Very possible it yellows with age.

BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

Dianne (12-26-2018),RedRabbit (12-24-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CALM Pythons View Post
    She is 14 months. She gets real dirty the month before a shed but looks great after. She also (as you can see in past posts of mine) had a lot of blotches from a hatchling until around 10 months. I wasn’t happy at all but decided her temperament was so sweet that it was meant to be. She has cleaned up more and more every couple months. Im very happy now with her whole package. She is actually my wife’s now and thats cool because they are both more each other’s speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's so interesting, and it sounds like things worked out really well for all of you, haha. Also, that's awesome that your wife enjoys the reptile hobby with you; I'm not sure if any of my family members would be quite up to the task of "inheriting" my BP yet!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (12-18-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    As promised, here is Arya after her shed. She does have a bit of a dorsal stripe, but it's more of a light pink, not yellow. Very possible it yellows with age.
    Thanks so much for these great photos, Arya's looking spectacular! And you're right, that dorsal stripe is definitely soft pink rather than yellow. I guess only time will tell if the stripe will gradually turn yellow, stay pink, or just fade away entirely, but honestly, as it is right now, it actually looks quite pretty.

Thanks

I have a super lesser with what i am guessing -does- have other genes at play, as she has gone rather yellow. Shes at 356 grams, when i got her at 75g she was pure white.
    Breeder said she might have pinstripe, spider, pastel or black pastel in there. Anyways just wanted to submit my data lol.

Also i haven't seen anyone mention white weddings (spider pied). If you get one with no head markings, i have heard that is the cleanest purest white you can get, possible downside that it will not be a blue eye lucy as you may only be searching for that.

Pics: now vs baby

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roux For This Useful Post:

Dianne (01-30-2019),RedRabbit (12-24-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    I have a super lesser with what i am guessing -does- have other genes at play, as she has gone rather yellow. Shes at 356 grams, when i got her at 75g she was pure white.
    Breeder said she might have pinstripe, spider, pastel or black pastel in there. Anyways just wanted to submit my data lol.

Also i haven't seen anyone mention white weddings (spider pied). If you get one with no head markings, i have heard that is the cleanest purest white you can get, possible downside that it will not be a blue eye lucy as you may only be searching for that.

Pics: now vs baby

Oooh, very interesting! The yellow on her seems to have a very soft, diffuse distribution along her body rather than a dorsal stripe or scattered dorsal patches. As for the Spider Pied, I actually hadn't seen any White Weddings before. Just looked them up, and wow, that is a VERY spotless white indeed, though you're right that they don't get the blue eyes anymore.

Another contributing gene to add to the list of considerations is Bamboo, which also seems to yield the BEL "look" when combined with Mojave, Lesser, or Russo, though again with a lot of variation when it comes to how much visible "residual" pattern still shows through. (I've recently had my eye on a Bamboo Mojave myself, so if I do cave and end up getting him, I will also start adding to this database, haha.)

Thanks

Bamboo is very interesting how it interacts with other bel complex morphs. Most of the combos i have seen have patterning on them, but no yellows. Granted i haven't seen adult ones, so maybe they do. Bamboo bels tend to be more expensive than the usual, but if money isn't a problem, then you should get what you like!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roux View Post
    Bamboo is very interesting how it interacts with other bel complex morphs. Most of the combos i have seen have patterning on them, but no yellows. Granted i haven't seen adult ones, so maybe they do. Bamboo bels tend to be more expensive than the usual, but if money isn't a problem, then you should get what you like!
    Thanks for the info! Definitely curious about what bamboo adds to the mix, and I don't actually have any objection to some faint patterning - the solid white is beautiful in one way, while having some lacy "phantom" pattern can also look pretty nifty. I know what you mean about the price difference though, and the reason why I'm considering this Bamboo Mojave in particular is because it'd be coming from a breeder I trust and have purchased from before, and who is willing to work with me in terms of price.

Thanks
    Well, time to add my new boy to this thread! I didn't end up getting the Bamboo Mojave, but I'm not 100% sure whether this little guy is a Super Butter or Butter Mojave. As far as parentage goes, according to the breeder, the mother is single-gene Butter and the father is Pewter Mojave Butter, and that pairing yields a few different combos that would all visually present as BELs. At any rate, he's really darn cute, so I'm happy with him regardless.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

Dianne (01-30-2019)

Thanks

Congrats on your bel! Keep a record of how or if his color changes as he grows, i would be interested to see!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Very cute! I love the BELs as well. I don’t know the mix of my boy, so it will be interesting to see if he develops any color/pattern as he grows.
    Other Snakes:
    Hudson 1988 1.0 Colombian rainbow; Yang 2002 1.0 Corn snake; Merlin 2000 1.0 Solomon Island ground boa; Kett 2015 1.0 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet python; Dakota 2014 0.0.1 Children’s python

Ball pythons:
    Eli 1990 1.0 Normal; Buttercup 2015 1.0 Albino; Artemis 2015 0.1 Dragonfly; Orion 2015 1.0 Banana Pinstripe; Button 2018 1.0 Blue Eyed Lucy; Piper 2018 0.1 Piebald; Belle 2018 0.1 Lemonblast; Sabrina 2017 0.1 Mojave; Selene 2017 0.1 Banana Mojave; Loki 2018 1.0 Pastel Mystic Potion; Cuervo 2018 1.0 Banana Piebald; Claude 2017 1.0 Albino Pastel Spider; Penelope 2016 0.1 Lesser

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast