Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,121

2 members and 2,119 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Show me your (adult and baby) blue-eyed lucies!

can i ask you guys:

i want a nice white 0.1 BEL, and am terrified of getting a snake that will yellow out (only because we're talking BEL here).

is Lesser x Mojave the only Tried and True(TM)? are there examples of that specific combo yellowing out?

just taking advantage of the topic; thank you guys!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhompingWillow View Post
    I will try to get a decent photo of Arya, our Mojave Lesser, after she sheds. She's due to shed any day now. She isn't the easiest snake to get a shot of, as she doesn't stay still and has honestly been kind of a ***** lately. But she's beautiful and was one of my bucket list BP's.
    Haha, I'd love to see pics of Arya, if she's willing to cooperate!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

Yukon, my 4 year old super lesser male!

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    can i ask you guys:

i want a nice white 0.1 BEL, and am terrified of getting a snake that will yellow out (only because we're talking BEL here).

is Lesser x Mojave the only Tried and True(TM)? are there examples of that specific combo yellowing out?

Super lesser don't yellow out... I've seen some photos online that look like some lesser mojave almost have a very faint yellow dorsal.

For example, the one in this thread: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-lesser-mojave
    Even a few of the lesser mojaves on wobp have that yellow dorsal: http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/lesser-mojave/
    It even looks like it has a faint yellow hue on the belly and scales overall too, which is weird.

Super lessers though are as snow white as possible! Just be aware of some having overly bugged eyes.
    Last edited by redshepherd; 12-15-2018 at 04:13 AM.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

Lord Sorril (12-19-2018),PartySnake13 (07-09-2019),RedRabbit (12-15-2018),RoyalLover (12-26-2018),tttaylorrr (12-15-2018)

Thanks
    I just checked morphmarket since I was curious, and even some of the ones there have an obvious yellow on their back too. So yeah, it seems kind of common for lesser mojaves to end up yellowing out at least on their backs!
    Last edited by redshepherd; 12-15-2018 at 04:18 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (12-16-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    can i ask you guys:

Good question, that's one of the things I'm hoping to learn from this thread too. So far, from the helpful responses and examples here, these are the summary points:
    - Lesser Mojave = all white - but might still have faint yellow dorsal stripe?
    - Super Lesser = all white and stays that way, but prone to bug eyes
    - Super Mojave = purple/gray head (retained into adulthood), possible mild yellowing with age
    - Hypo Super Mojave = the hypo lightens the purple/gray head, and reduces the body yellowing back to white
    - Super Russo (White Diamond) or other combo with Russo = may have yellow dorsal stripe

I've also reviewed various BEL or similarly colored BP examples on Morph Market and different breeder websites, and have reached some tentative conclusions that I hope to get more clarification on:
    - Lesser Mystic = also seems to yield clean white babies; not sure how these age?
    - Super Yellowbelly = Ivory (a more yellowed white as baseline, with little irregular darker patches; black eyes instead of blue)
    - Super Fire = black-eyed leucistic (black eyes again, obviously; little yellow patches sprinkled throughout the white)
    - Russo Mystic = Invisiball (very light patterning, leans pale purple/gray)

Thoughts or corrections/additions, anyone? Or better yet, example photos?
    Last edited by RedRabbit; 12-15-2018 at 04:26 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRabbit For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (12-16-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
    Good question, that's one of the things I'm hoping to learn from this thread too. So far, from the helpful responses and examples here, these are the summary points:

Thoughts or corrections/additions, anyone? Or better yet, example photos?
    In my above post, there's links to lesser mojaves that have a faint yellow dorsal stripe.

I checked morphmarket too and the super lessers (when not combined with additional genes) are also all pure white. So in fact, I think super lessers are the only ones that for sure stay pure white... which is what I also found years ago back when I was deciding between super lesser or lesser mojave haha. For what it's worth, my super lesser had bug eyes as a hatchling. Now they just look kind of strange and unique, but not bugged, like he grew into them. So I'd just avoid super lessers with ridiculously bugged eyes if you're getting a hatchling.

Not that there aren't lesser mojaves that are pure white, but ones with a yellow dorsal seems like it pops up fairly often.
    Last edited by redshepherd; 12-15-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    In my above post, there's links to lesser mojaves that have a faint yellow dorsal stripe.

I checked morphmarket too and the super lessers (when not combined with additional genes) are also all pure white. So in fact, I think super lessers are the only ones that for sure stay pure white. For what it's worth, my super lesser had bug eyes as a hatchling. Now they just look kind of strange and unique, but not bugged, like he grew into them. So I'd just avoid super lessers with ridiculously bugged eyes if you're getting a hatchling.

Not that there aren't lesser mojaves that are pure white, but ones with a yellow dorsal seems like it pops up fairly often.
    Haha, I posted and then saw your new replies, so I went back and edited my bullet points. Your Yukon certainly does sport a gorgeously clean paint job! I noticed his eyes looked a bit different, but you're right, not as prominently bugged as I've seen on some hatchlings.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Yukon, my 4 year old super lesser male!

Super lesser don't yellow out... I've seen some photos online that look like some lesser mojave almost have a very faint yellow dorsal.

For example, the one in this thread: https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-lesser-mojave
    Even a few of the lesser mojaves on wobp have that yellow dorsal: http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/lesser-mojave/
    It even looks like it has a faint yellow hue on the belly and scales overall too, which is weird.

Super lessers though are as snow white as possible! Just be aware of some having overly bugged eyes.
    thank you so much for the info! im kinda dipping my toes into the BEL complex and it seems super lesser/butter is the way too go
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

12. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (12-17-2018)

Thanks
    Yeah, so far for a reliably solid white that stays stable into adulthood, Super Lesser sounds like a sure thing. The other combo I'm kind of curious about is Lesser Mystic, as the hatchlings I've seen look very clean white as well, but I don't know how that might hold up over the years.

BPnet Senior Member CALM Pythons's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,442 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRabbit View Post
    That's really cool! How old is your White Diamond? I was actually just reading through a thread that described how Vin Russo first produced the White Diamond from a pair of his "Lemon Ball" snakes, which now would be called Russo morphs (shorter than saying/writing "Russo line het leucistic") in deference to his work.
    She is 14 months. She gets real dirty the month before a shed but looks great after. She also (as you can see in past posts of mine) had a lot of blotches from a hatchling until around 10 months. I wasn’t happy at all but decided her temperament was so sweet that it was meant to be. She has cleaned up more and more every couple months. Im very happy now with her whole package. She is actually my wife’s now and thats cool because they are both more each other’s speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Name: Christian
    0.1 Albino Ball (Sophie)
    0.1 Russo White Diamond (Grace)
    1.0 Hypo Burmese (Giacomo/AKA Jock)
    1.2 Razors Edge/Gotti & American Pit Bull
    ----------
    1.1 Albino/Normal Burmese (Mr & Mrs Snake)
    1.0 Albino Ball (Sully)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast