Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,408

1 members and 1,407 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Question New to Ball Pythons, breeding question.

I have experience breeding Sunglow and Salmon Boas but no experience with Ball Python. I am picking up my Cinnamon Pied boy this afternoon and have an Enchi Cinnamon Het Pied girl on hold. Can anyone give me advice on what would go well with these two? Thanks

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you want to breed you need to have a plan and breed what YOU like, if you have no clue about either I would not breed or even think about breeding.

This should help you figure it out. http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/?
    Deborah Stewart

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-11-2018),MissterDog (12-11-2018),MR Snakes (12-11-2018)

Thanks

Re: New to Ball Pythons, breeding question.

Well, actually I do know what I like! I love pied and anything yellow, orange, lavender or pink. I think its just that there are so many more morphs out there these days that its a bit overwhelming and I'm just looking for a little advice.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    If you want to breed you need to have a plan and breed what YOU like, if you have no clue about either I would not breed or even think about breeding.

This should help you figure it out. http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/?
    Um, I think he said in the first post that he has bred before.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gottalovett View Post
    I have experience breeding Sunglow and Salmon Boas but no experience with Ball Python. I am picking up my Cinnamon Pied boy this afternoon and have an Enchi Cinnamon Het Pied girl on hold. Can anyone give me advice on what would go well with these two? Thanks
    Welcome to the pit!

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    Um, I think he said in the first post that he has bred before.
    And? He bred before and they were BOAS.

Not having a plan and not knowing what you like in an over saturated market whether you want to do it as a hobby or to make money is a guaranteed failure.

I have seen a LOT of people over the years having NO PLAN, wanting other's opinion on what they should get, those people 3 years or so later call it quit.

Breeding it's more than putting two snakes that other people think look cool together. You got to have a plan (and I don't mean putting one male with one female there is a big picture), and you got to LOVE what you have.
    Deborah Stewart

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-11-2018),Craiga 01453 (12-11-2018),MissterDog (12-11-2018),tttaylorrr (12-11-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    And? He bred before and they were BOAS.

Not having a plan and not knowing what you like in an over saturated market whether you want to do it as a hobby or to make money is a guaranteed failure.

I have seen a LOT of people over the years having NO PLAN, wanting other's opinion on what they should get, those people 3 years or so later call it quit.

Breeding it's more than putting two snakes that other people think look cool together. You got to have a plan (and I don't mean putting one male with one female there is a big picture), and you got to LOVE what you have.
    Totally disagree. I have no clue (in life) and with BP's but will put different morphs together and see what comes of it. Any that I can't sell or keep will be turned loose in my neighborhood. Something has to take care of the feral cat problem around here. Maybe should start with some Burmese first. Would that work?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Totally disagree. I have no clue (in life) and with BP's but will put different morphs together and see what comes of it. Any that I can't sell or keep will be turned loose in my neighborhood. Something has to take care of the feral cat problem around here. Maybe should start with some Burmese first. Would that work?
    You're obviously entitled to your opinion. However, people come here to learn. And if this is how you're going to contribute, maybe it's better left unsaid.

Releasing invasive animals into the wild is extremely ignorant, cruel and quite frankly, idiotic.

This is why I wish there was an application process to purchasing animals. Some people just shouldn't have them...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Alicia (12-12-2018),Bogertophis (12-11-2018),Kira (12-12-2018),MissterDog (12-11-2018),redshepherd (12-11-2018),tttaylorrr (12-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Seriously?? I hope you're joking. Any you can't sell or keep you'd turn loose in the neighborhood!? Do you have any idea how careless that would be and how harmful that would be to the community's reputation and environment? The reptile community already has a hard time dealing with a bad image from shady and irresponsible owners. I sincerely hope you're not one of them because your jokes are not funny, useful or appreciated.

If you are serious then you have no business owning reptiles.
    Last edited by MissterDog; 12-11-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

Alicia (12-12-2018),Bogertophis (12-11-2018),Craiga 01453 (12-11-2018),Kira (12-12-2018),redshepherd (12-11-2018),tttaylorrr (12-11-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    You're obviously entitled to your opinion. However, people come here to learn. And if this is how you're going to contribute, maybe it's better left unsaid.

Releasing invasive animals into the wild is extremely ignorant, cruel and quite frankly, idiotic.

This is why I wish there was an application process to purchasing animals. Some people just shouldn't have them...

100% agree. A lot of people don't bother putting thoughts or research into owning an animal, let alone take responsibility for their careless actions and how it effects, not only the well-being of the animal, but the community as a whole.
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-11-2018),Craiga 01453 (12-11-2018),Kira (12-12-2018),tttaylorrr (12-11-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Seriously?? I hope you're joking. "Any you can't sell or keep you'd turn loose in the neighborhood?" Do you have any idea how careless that would be and how harmful that would be to the community's reputation? The reptile community already has a hard time dealing with a bad image from shady and irresponsible owners. I sincerely hope you're not one of them because your jokes are not funny, useful or appreciated.

If you are serious then you have no business owning reptiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    100% agree. A lot of people don't bother putting thoughts or research into owning an animal, let alone take responsibility for their careless actions and how it effects, not only the well-being of the animal, but the community as a whole.

Wow, I thought it was pretty obvious that I was not serious. How many people who have no clue actually admit it? And has anyone EVER said they planned on turning unwanted snakes loose in their neighborhood? Come on people. Some of you need to lighten up a bit. I just thought that Deborah's comment was overly strong as the OP said he has experience in breeding boas. I know they're not BP's but come on, he is way ahead of people that have never bred snakes and I'm pretty sure it will not be that steep of a learning curve for him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast