Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 350

14 members and 336 guests
Most users ever online was 3,642, 05-08-2016 at 09:50 AM.


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 63,383
Threads: 237,182
Posts: 2,462,822
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, Zrycc
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered User MR Snakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2018
    Location
    Rockbound coast of Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,614
    Thanks
    1,232
    Thanked 446 Times in 358 Posts

    New iPhone 10 Max

    So I received a early Xmas present from my SO. A new 10max. So I'm moving from a 5 to a 10. In a nutshell, how will I benefit more from the 10 than my old 5?

  2. #2
    BPnet Senior Member Reinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-05-2013
    Location
    East TX
    Posts
    6,673
    Thanks
    3,911
    Thanked 3,603 Times in 2,577 Posts
    Images: 9

    Re: New iPhone 10 Max

    Quote Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    So I received a early Xmas present from my SO. A new 10max. So I'm moving from a 5 to a 10. In a nutshell, how will I benefit more from the 10 than my old 5?
    Since Iím an old guy I love the screen size, the bigger the better. Coming from an iPhone 3s,4s,6
    +, and 7+, I didnít think I would ever like Not having a home button. But after about a month of use I began to prefer the swiping, it just makes transitions smoother and faster.

    The speakers are definitely superior to the 5, the camera too.

    Sending voice messages through the text app with the emojis is pretty cool.

    Face recognition is great for unlocking the phone and bypassing passwords. While I have only had my phone for almost 2 months, I have not had any issues. I am amazed at the speed it works and even with almost zero light at night.

    I love being able to do wireless charging with an Otterbox on the phone. I donít know if the models of 6+ and previous can do that.

    It it should be faster than a 5 with the better processor, but that had never been an issue, so I donít notice it. Mayyyybe the internet is faster when not on WiFi.

    As as far as cool savvy tech applications, being a typical old guy those are beyond me until someone can show me how to use them.

    Thats is all that comes to mind at the moment.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

    1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    0.1 Normal BCI Boa, Butch, age?
    1.0 BCI Boa, Punch, 2005
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

    Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

    MR Snakes (12-11-2018)

  4. #3
    Registered User MR Snakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2018
    Location
    Rockbound coast of Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,614
    Thanks
    1,232
    Thanked 446 Times in 358 Posts

    Re: New iPhone 10 Max

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Since Iím an old guy I love the screen size, the bigger the better. Coming from an iPhone 3s,4s,6
    +, and 7+, I didnít think I would ever like Not having a home button. But after about a month of use I began to prefer the swiping, it just makes transitions smoother and faster.

    The speakers are definitely superior to the 5, the camera too.

    Sending voice messages through the text app with the emojis is pretty cool.

    Face recognition is great for unlocking the phone and bypassing passwords. While I have only had my phone for almost 2 months, I have not had any issues. I am amazed at the speed it works and even with almost zero light at night.

    I love being able to do wireless charging with an Otterbox on the phone. I donít know if the models of 6+ and previous can do that.

    It it should be faster than a 5 with the better processor, but that had never been an issue, so I donít notice it. Mayyyybe the internet is faster when not on WiFi.

    As as far as cool savvy tech applications, being a typical old guy those are beyond me until someone can show me how to use them.

    Thats is all that comes to mind at the moment.

    Thanks for the overview. I too am old and appreciate the larger size. It feels like I'm carrying a theater screen around compared to the 5. Never missed the home button as swiping felt natural from the get go. Have to figure out the voice text thing, sounds neat. And just where did Siri go? Have no clue how to find her. The photos are waaaay better and have some neat options for sure. The face recognition is neat but it is way too fast to go to the passcode input if you don't get you mug in front of it quickly. Is there a way to slow that down?

  5. #4
    BPnet Senior Member Reinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-05-2013
    Location
    East TX
    Posts
    6,673
    Thanks
    3,911
    Thanked 3,603 Times in 2,577 Posts
    Images: 9

    Re: New iPhone 10 Max

    Siri is still there, you must say ďHey SiriĒ, not ďSiriĒ.

    I have no idea about slowing down the passcode input. Maybe there is something in settings under passcode?

    I agree that this is huge compared to the 5. I love the size of the 5, but my eyes donít.

    To me, the Max is no adjustment size wise since I had the 7 plus and 6 plus before this.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

    1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    0.1 Normal BCI Boa, Butch, age?
    1.0 BCI Boa, Punch, 2005
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

    Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

    MR Snakes (12-11-2018)

  7. #5
    Registered User MR Snakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-25-2018
    Location
    Rockbound coast of Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,614
    Thanks
    1,232
    Thanked 446 Times in 358 Posts

    Re: New iPhone 10 Max

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Siri is still there, you must say ďHey SiriĒ, not ďSiriĒ.

    I have no idea about slowing down the passcode input. Maybe there is something in settings under passcode?

    I agree that this is huge compared to the 5. I love the size of the 5, but my eyes donít.

    To me, the Max is no adjustment size wise since I had the 7 plus and 6 plus before this.
    Turns out I had not set up Siri. Now I have. Thanks

  8. #6
    BPnet Senior Member Reinz's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-05-2013
    Location
    East TX
    Posts
    6,673
    Thanks
    3,911
    Thanked 3,603 Times in 2,577 Posts
    Images: 9
    Alright, glad you got it worked out.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

    1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    0.1 Normal BCI Boa, Butch, age?
    1.0 BCI Boa, Punch, 2005
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

    Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

    MR Snakes (12-11-2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1