Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,915

1 members and 2,914 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts

Couple Returns to Home Lost in California's Camp Fire to Find Their Dog Waiting...

This really choked me up (in a good way...)-

Couple Returns to Home Lost in California's Camp Fire to Find Their Dog Waiting for Them - TIME

https://apple.news/A3swcjeQqQO-nPqafr04ftg
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 12-08-2018 at 07:23 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Dianne (12-09-2018)

Thanks
    Lost our home and everything we owned in a forest fire years ago. They sure do suck! Put our 3 dogs in the truck before driving off so all good their. Thanks for posting.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MR Snakes For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-08-2018)

Thanks

Re: Couple Returns to Home Lost in California's Camp Fire to Find Their Dog Waiting..

Quote Originally Posted by MR Snakes View Post
    Lost our home and everything we owned in a forest fire years ago. They sure do suck! Put our 3 dogs in the truck before driving off so all good their. Thanks for posting.
    Oh, that's just awful, I'm so sorry for your loss. When I lived in Calif. there were 2 wildfires that were way too close for comfort...had the wind picked up & sent embers
    flying, it would not have ended well...my home was only a mile to a mile & a half away. Just lucky, it was often windy there & it blew in the exact direction that would
    have brought the fire straight to where I lived. Anyway, this story touched a few nerves as a dog (& pet) lover.

Thanks
    Glad that the dog was okay and that they came back for him!!

My grandparents lost their home and there wasn't time to get the cats because they were hiding under the bed I'm so glad that my grandparents survived but they are very sad about their losses. It was close, the fire was in their backyard when their neighbor came to the house and woke them up!
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kira For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-09-2018),Craiga 01453 (12-09-2018),MissterDog (12-09-2018)

Thanks

Re: Couple Returns to Home Lost in California's Camp Fire to Find Their Dog Waiting..

Quote Originally Posted by Kira View Post
    Glad that the dog was okay and that they came back for him!!

My grandparents lost their home and there wasn't time to get the cats because they were hiding under the bed I'm so glad that my grandparents survived but they are very sad about their losses. It was close, the fire was in their backyard when their neighbor came to the house and woke them up!
    That's so sad...to have no time, & just have to flee. Lucky that neighbor came though, such a close call.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    That's so sad...to have no time, & just have to flee. Lucky that neighbor came though, such a close call.
    Yeah, I can't imagine...They were sound asleep so that neighbor saved their lives!! My grandparents were on the news and it showed the remains of their house. Hard to see since I have been going there since I was 5.
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kira For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (12-09-2018),MissterDog (12-09-2018)

Thanks

Yeah, I can't imagine...They were sound asleep so that neighbor saved their lives!! My grandparents were on the news and it showed the remains of their house. Hard to see since I have been going there since I was 5.
    Was this recent? like in California? So awful, & whenever it was, I think it would take anyone a long time to 'get over', if ever? Especially when you have to leave
    pets & everything else behind. So fortunate they had a good neighbor at least...but just so hard to go thru.

Thanks

Was this recent? like in California? So awful, & whenever it was, I think it would take anyone a long time to 'get over', if ever? Especially when you have to leave
    pets & everything else behind. So fortunate they had a good neighbor at least...but just so hard to go thru.
    Yes, it was the very fires that are in this article. My grandparents lived in Paradise, California. It's really sad how many people lost their homes and pets!
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kira For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (12-09-2018),MissterDog (12-09-2018)

Thanks

Yes, it was the very fires that are in this article. My grandparents lived in Paradise, California. It's really sad how many people lost their homes and pets!
    I was afraid of that...so sorry. It's even harder because they didn't just lose a few houses but so much of their community all at once...I know I'd be in shock for days.

Thanks

I was afraid of that...so sorry. It's even harder because they didn't just lose a few houses but so much of their community all at once...I know I'd be in shock for days.
    Thank you! I'm hoping that everyone will be able to heal relatively quickly.
    Winry-Pastel Vanilla BP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast