Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,821

1 members and 2,820 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Update 3

OH okay, so I went to check on him cause I wanted to make sure grump was doing okay and he is in blue. Wowie.

So I bumped up his humidity, I am using moss and eco coconut fiber bedding to do so, making sure one side is dry and one has a mossy warm humid hide he can go into.

He doesn't like that one bit, he is roaming now and I feel like I am stressing him out a lot and I don't wanna do that, he's still a baby and I get nervous.

He has plenty to rub against, to include a nice cork log that I find him sitting in from time to time. He is actually chilling in it right now.

He's flickering and active but he has yet to eat and about to go into shed, he's not underweight but dang this kid is making me sit here all: "Nicky, buddy I love ya but I wanna make sure we are cool and you having a good shed and eating a nice meal would do that for me pal."

Also his tank is gunna be a b**** to clean...but well worth it! It's dry here and it keeps humidity as well as smelling very nice!

Thanks
    He seems to have cleared up, meaning he should be ready to shed. But I would have rather him eat today. He's starting to show signs of starving but not yet anorexia. By that I mean his sides are flattening out with his spine becoming visible, skin folds ect. Idk if I should attempt a feed or not, I really hope he does okay. I have correct temps and bumped humidity for him. Most I can do is wait, but I feel like a pos waiting...

Thanks

Re: Ughhh the first meal

IMO you should probably wait until he sheds, I've heard BPs have voracious appetites right after they complete their shed

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 19,816 Times in 11,840 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Highyeena View Post
    He seems to have cleared up, meaning he should be ready to shed. But I would have rather him eat today. He's starting to show signs of starving but not yet anorexia. By that I mean his sides are flattening out with his spine becoming visible, skin folds ect. Idk if I should attempt a feed or not, I really hope he does okay. I have correct temps and bumped humidity for him. Most I can do is wait, but I feel like a pos waiting...
    A snake that has "gone clear" & is about to shed is NOT likely to eat...wait until after he sheds. Even though "clear" the old skin feels tight & is perhaps a distraction.
    (I'm not sure as I've never actually been a though some suspect otherwise, lol.) Just be patient! Offering food too often adds to their stress (not just yours) &
    makes it LESS likely for a snake to relax & eat. Don't offer sooner than a week between tries, & don't bother when in shed...they are designed to skip meals, OK?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Sorry but this all sounds too rushed to my thinking .. unless I'm getting confused here ( entirely possible) you only said he'd gone blue yesterday yet today you said he's already cleared up !!?!!

If he's been in blue for the last week and you just noticed it yesterday ... and his eyes have cleared overnight then if could take anything up to a week before he actually sheds the skin ..
    Just spray well two or three times daily and try feeding again AFTER you find the skin .

As regards hairdryer... you could get a cheap one off eBay for 5 dollars ..

The fact that it showed interest in the rat is IMPORTANT as they will normally feed ..eventually.

Feed evenings, in dim or low lighting. Many only strike a moving target and won't bother with anything left on the viv floor .

Mine only strike from their hides so I wait until they're settled under a hide and waggle the WARM rat in front of the hide entrance .... don't blink !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-10-2018),MR Snakes (12-10-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,816 Times in 11,840 Posts
    For that matter, most thrift stores often have blow-dryers pretty cheap, or get a "heat gun" if you just have to have something masculine, lol.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/HomeRight-D...t-Gun/50352962

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12