Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 859

3 members and 856 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Just curious about a couple things.

Hi all,
    I have two random, totally unrelated, questions for you all.

I don't think it's anything to be concerned about, but just something I've been curious about recently regarding my snake. I feel like most of the ball pythons I see have much larger heads than my slithery friend Kaa. I'll try to take some photos of her later, so you all can get a look at her, but do their heads just grow more slowly / as they start to bulk up with age? I don't feel like her body is disproportionate to her head per se (that she's being overfed). I just feel like she has such a tiny head. LOL
    She's roughly 2.5 years old, and about 3 feet in length. I haven't weighed her recently. I misplaced the scale I was using ().

Again, not really worried, but always have the thought cross my mind when I see other snakes at the fish shop I frequent because I feel like they have big heads. haha

Another totally unrelated question. Kaa prefers mice to rats. Even the 'small' rats I think are sometimes too big for her (or she thinks they are) so she refuses them (inconsistently - she's eaten a few). So I just feed her her mice and she's always happy to get them. She wont ever refuse the mice, even a day or two before shed. I was doing two large mice a week, but moved to jumbo mice since they're close to the size of the rats, so maybe she'll work her way to them. My question is whether or not I should still be offering two mice per week, but now just one jumbo and one large or two jumbos? I don't want to overfeed her, but I also don't want her to be hungry. She's pretty obvious when she's hungry so that's why I went to two large and then the jumbos, but I don't want to overdo it. (She eats only frozen).

Thanks

Re: Just curious about a couple things.

Go off this feeding chart. Your best bet is to weigh it so u can tell what you need to feed it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan_ For This Useful Post:

Maddlesrain (12-04-2018)

Thanks
    Thank you Dylan. I need to see If I can dig out the scale... I don't know how I managed to lose it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maddlesrain View Post
    Thank you Dylan. I need to see If I can dig out the scale... I don't know how I managed to lose it.
    No problem. I hate weighing mine especially the big girl i got to get a bigger scale for her

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan_ For This Useful Post:

Maddlesrain (12-04-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan_ View Post
    No problem. I hate weighing mine especially the big girl i got to get a bigger scale for her

Lol Yeah, mine gets wriggly as soon as the scale comes out...Suddenly decides she’d rather not be the usual blob she is. What brand do you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Maddlesrain View Post
    Lol Yeah, mine gets wriggly as soon as the scale comes out...Suddenly decides she’d rather not be the usual blob she is. What brand do you use?

I bought a cheap kitchen one fro. Walmart a lottle one cause at the time I only had the baby one that I ended up getting a big girl what she's like 2 years+ old and weighs like almost 2200 grams and it's probably about 3 feet long. I need to get a bigger scale haha. But I always put a big container on top of the scale turn it on and then I put the snake inside of it

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan_ For This Useful Post:

Maddlesrain (12-04-2018)

Thanks

Here a few photos of my snake that I promised:

I feel like her head looks proportionate to the rest of her (as far as balls go, but she just has such a tiny face haha)

She’s a weirdo and I love her(:

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Maddlesrain For This Useful Post:

Dianne (12-05-2018)