Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,787

1 members and 2,786 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull

Thread: BP Feeding

Thanks

BP Feeding

What would you guys suggest feeding a 620g male BP, I'm currently feeding him rat weanlings but I think I should up the size, what would you guys suggest?
    Ball Python(s)
    1.0 Phantom (Zeus)
    1.0 Coral Glow Pastel 100% Het Albino (Ares)

Thanks
    10 to 15% of his weight.

Thanks
    If we're following the 10%-15% rule, at his current weight he could handle small rats in the 60 gram range, that's what my males are eating at that weight now.

Now that being said depending on his age and feeding response he may not take the up-size well, I had a male that refused smalls until he hit 750 grams. But I wouldn't hesitate to give him a medium rat now if he's a good eater.

Also almost all my adults get one small a week anyway, so once you make the switch you shouldn't have to up-size him again, my biggest females get bumped to a medium after they hit 2500 or so, and only if the smalls don't seem to be keeping them within a good body profile.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RXLReptiles For This Useful Post:

MR Snakes (12-03-2018)

Thanks
    I only wanted to chime in cause I have been feeding my Lam(GHI yearling) live rat hoppers for past few months, and when my big girlrefused her small F/T rat.. he refused last week’s hopper so I decided to seeif he was ready to size up… he hit it.. wrapped it.. I didn’t think he was evengoing to try it, but after the game I go in to remove it .. it was gone and helooked pregnant lol..
    so maybe give them like a missed feeding (about 10-14days) and try him. Never know he was hovering around 400gs last weigh-in… basically I was just not trying to waste aheated up rat, but I also want himto gain some weight too but now they all willbe eating smalls .. I will let him chill fora WHILE and after he poops ill weigh him again see what we working on.. butgood luck.. hope your guy gets with the program soon !!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ronniex2 For This Useful Post:

MR Snakes (12-03-2018)