Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,509

2 members and 1,507 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Your pairing opinion

While I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder I also know that people with more experience can point to things that I may have missed. I am looking to add another male to my collection to go with my other two. My breeders can be seen in my signature. I am thinking something with Clown to my mix of wonderful snakes to add to what I already have going on. I am thinking a Clown + or Het clown with 1-2 other genes. I like symmetry (My male clown is very clean and he has an unbroken stripe down his entire back) and contrast. I am poor until I sell my current babies in 3-4 weeks and the weather is... cold.. so I have a lot of time to think. I am also raising up a pair of Butter het Hypo girls that will not be ready for a couple of years. Also, trying to stay under $500, the more underrated genes the better and the further under $500 the better.
    Last edited by Matt850; 12-01-2018 at 09:18 PM.
    1.0 Enchi Banana
    1.0 Clown
    0.1 GHI
    0.1 Mojave Het. Clown
    0.1 Stinger Bee
    0.1 Black Pewter
    0.1 Hypo Butter

Thanks
    If it was me I'd add a jigsaw male or perhaps a kingpin. Something with pinstripe really, the jigsaw and kingpin just give you the option of BEL's, as well as some cool pinstripe combos.

Granted pinstripe can really whack out a pattern and isn't exactly the best for symmetry.

You could do a mystic based male for mystic potions perhaps and try to see what comes of that?

Or possibly an orange dream based male? Orange dream can add some really good color and it won't obliterate the pattern.

And as a plus I haven't seen a whole lot of orange dream stuff at shows recently and there are still unmarked OD combos on World of Ball Pythons. Possible worlds first babies? Lol.

I'd just start punching random ideas that come to mind into the genetic calculator and see what sticks. There are so many options and I didn't even bother listing any recessive gene stuff. These are just what came to mind as I scanned my rack and considered what I would pair if I was using those females.

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: Your pairing opinion

I would add Fire.

There is a female Orange Dream/Spider/Super Pastel/Fire/100% Het Clown listed in Morph Market right now for $500 (+shipping). I wouldn't use this particular female, but, something similar.
    *.* TNTC

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

Re: Your pairing opinion

I'm not sure where you want to go but whatever you add should carry the Hypo gene. Right now you have no way to express that without going back to the same snake with it's own offspring. Also, Leopard is a nice way to manipulate patterns. Best of luck.

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    All depends on your end game.
    Knowing what hold backs you have could help as well as you m/f ratio.
    If you insist on a male I have to agree with rlditmars on adding a hypo something.
    I'm alwa6s stuck on Lesser but you already have Butter in the club house. Wouldn't personally mix the two as some breeders want to know for sure which is in the mix.
    You could also try to find a Sunglow if you want to add another recessive into your collection via Albino.