Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 754

0 members and 754 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Following my ancestors traditions

So I am assuming most of you know that Royal Pythons got their name because they were used as jewelry by the royalty back in Africa. Being from west Africa myself, I find it pretty funny that Hebi, my normal ball python's favorite thing to do when I take her out is to wrap herself around my wrist like a bracelet.

No matter which hand I hold her with, she will go straight for the wrist, wrap herself around it, and just stay there looking around.

Now here's one fact I am not sure y'all know, there is a actually a temple dedicated to ball pythons in a country in west Africa called Benin (which is where my father is from). I have been there myself when I was a kid and it's pretty awesome. Royals are considered sacred in Benin and the temple is full of them, everywhere you look there is one. They are well fed, roam around freely and you're allowed to just pick one up and take pictures with it. Just google "python temple ouidah" and check out the pictures, you'll be amazed.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KareemDaDream For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-30-2018),Danger noodles (11-30-2018),dr del (12-02-2018),Pengil (11-30-2018),Phillydubs (11-30-2018),richardhind1972 (11-30-2018),Team Slytherin (11-30-2018),zina10 (11-30-2018),Zincubus (11-30-2018)

Thanks
    My ball does that too, I’m always wearing a watch because he likes tucking his tail under it and feeling safe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

KareemDaDream (11-30-2018)

Thanks

Re: Following my ancestors traditions

Quote Originally Posted by Danger noodles View Post
    My ball does that too, I’m always wearing a watch because he likes tucking his tail under it and feeling safe
    Yup same here, getting her to let go and get back in her tank after she's in position is a battle sometimes.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Re: Following my ancestors traditions

Quote Originally Posted by KareemDaDream View Post
    So I am assuming most of you know that Royal Pythons got their name because they were used as jewelry by the royalty back in Africa. Being from west Africa myself, I find it pretty funny that Hebi, my normal ball python's favorite thing to do when I take her out is to wrap herself around my wrist like a bracelet.

No matter which hand I hold her with, she will go straight for the wrist, wrap herself around it, and just stay there looking around.

Now here's one fact I am not sure y'all know, there is a actually a temple dedicated to ball pythons in a country in west Africa called Benin (which is where my father is from). I have been there myself when I was a kid and it's pretty awesome. Royals are considered sacred in Benin and the temple is full of them, everywhere you look there is one. They are well fed, roam around freely and you're allowed to just pick one up and take pictures with it. Just google "python temple ouidah" and check out the pictures, you'll be amazed.
    Great looking Royal and fab photos

I'll check on Google and maybe YouTube later !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

KareemDaDream (11-30-2018)

Thanks
    Btw if u haven’t checked out the python temple on YouTube ur in for a treat! It’s pretty cool

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Danger noodles For This Useful Post:

KareemDaDream (12-02-2018)