Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 839

2 members and 837 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Spruced up Zelda's digs

Now that Zelda, our first Bredli, is settled in pretty well, we've been getting to know each other better through some handling sessions. She's amazing - eating great, super inquisitive, not nippy at all. I wish I could post some decent photos of her, but it's hard to take good ones with her moving around so much, so I'll have to settle for some updated enclosure pics for the time being.

One thing I love is that she pretty much never touches the ground. She used her hide while in shed and occasionally cruises around at night. Otherwise she's always in her little plant. I added some more plants and climbing structures today. I expect her to become more terrestrial as she grows, but I'll definitely always give her some climbing options.

Sent from my H3123 using Tapatalk
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-15-2018),EL-Ziggy (12-15-2018),MD_Pythons (11-29-2018),MissterDog (11-29-2018),MR Snakes (12-15-2018),OuroborosGenetics (03-18-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    Looks fantastic!!!! I'm also a sucker for Zelda names so you get extra bonus points from me!
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    I missed this thread.
    Is this going to be Zelda's progression thread? I would like to see her grow together with my Bredli.
    Try to give her more horizontal perches, that's why she chooses the plant... that bamboo stick is too vertical in my opinion.
    Please share more info of her... how old is she? When did you get her? What are you feeding her and how often? And please post more pics.
    Thanks
    1.0 Freddy -Python Regius
    Darby -Boa Imperator
    Kenny -Morelia Bredli
    La Reina -Lampropeltis Californiae
    1.0 Luciano -Drymarchon Melanurus Unicolor
    0.1 Macarena -Heterodon Nasicus Nasicus
    1.0 Hugo -Morelia Spilota Mcdowelli

Morelia Mafia For Life

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyNY For This Useful Post:

WhompingWillow (12-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Re: Spruced up Zelda's digs

Quote Originally Posted by RickyNY View Post
    I missed this thread.
    Is this going to be Zelda's progression thread? I would like to see her grow together with my Bredli.
    Try to give her more horizontal perches, that's why she chooses the plant... that bamboo stick is too vertical in my opinion.
    Please share more info of her... how old is she? When did you get her? What are you feeding her and how often? And please post more pics.
    Thanks
    Thank you for the tip on the perch! I adjusted it so it's running across the cage. I'm going to add a little climbing tree and am also planning on a PVC jungle gym at some point.

I kind of dropped the ball on dedicated progression threads for my snakes, but I'll try to maybe get a few going. One for BP's and then another for boas and carpets.

We picked Zelda up at the October Tinley show. I don't know when she hatched, but based on her size I'm thinking she was possibly late summer? Maybe early fall.

She's taking F/T mouse fuzzies like a champ. I'm debating when to try either a hopper or two mouse fuzzies. What does your guy weigh and what size prey are you offering? Zelda eats every 7 days.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

Thanks
    You're going to have to weigh her... I think they can handle 15-20% of their weight in a food item. Is better to feed only one appropriate size mouse or rat instead of two, unless you're getting rid of your mice stock.
    Darby -Boa Imperator
    Kenny -Morelia Bredli

Morelia Mafia For Life

Thanks
    Forgot to tell you,
    for comparison my Bredli was 39 grams when I got him 5 weeks ago and I immediately started giving him mouse hoppers every 5 days. They have fast metabolisms. He's going to eat one tonight that is 11 grams.
    He has 6 more hoppers to eat and then I'm going to switch him to rat fuzzy, they are in the 10-19 gram range.
    I don't know what Zelda weighs but looking at the pic you posted in another thread I think she can eat mouse hoppers. When she's ready to move up one size, skip the adult mouse and switch her to rat fuzzies. This was the advice given to me by Nick Mutton.
    Darby -Boa Imperator
    Kenny -Morelia Bredli

Morelia Mafia For Life