Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 787

1 members and 786 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Blue eyed leucistic breeding

Hiya folks,

So a while ago i aquired a beautiful mojave lesser female and i’d love to breed her when she’s an adult.
    This is my first rodeo though and I dont have any males yet. So I was wondering, out of a selection of snakes I saw for sale, which morph would be the best choice?
    Here’s the ones I found; Coral glow butter pinstripe, Champagne lesser poss GHI, Bumblebee or a Butter piebald.
    Thanks in advance for your input

BPnet Senior Member Hannahshissyfix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 619 Posts

Re: Blue eyed leucistic breeding

What is your goal to create? More BELs? I personally wouldn't use any of those because of the possible eye issues with super lesser/butters. There are a ton of other BEL complex animals out there especially if you don't mind blue eyes on a not all white snake. Mojave, mocha, special, bamboo, phantom/mystic to name some.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannahshissyfix For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (12-18-2018)

Thanks
    I'd think it depends on your goals as well. Are you looking to sell the offspring? Start a breeding project? Or just produce snakes for your own enjoyment?
    \m/

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If you want to do BEL I would stay away from Super Butter and Super Lesser because of the bug eyes, if you want something clean do Mojave X Lesser or Mojave X Butter

Coral glow butter pinstripe, Champagne lesser poss GHI, Bumblebee or a Butter piebald.
    Sadly people don't really care about all the extra genes in a white snakes so it's a bit of a waste because you will want to sell them for more but people looking for a white snakes (which are back in high demand now) won't care.

So if you just want to make white snake get another white snake without all the extras.
    Deborah Stewart

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (12-18-2018)

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,901 Times in 837 Posts
    Lots of mention on the bug eyes here...I agree, not worth the risk.
    Also going to mention that super spider or spider x champagne are lethal genes.
    I know your female is mojave lesser, but if you decide to pick up another female later on, that may be a consideration as well. Just remember to avoid a female with those genes later on for breeding with that male.

One of the cool things you can do is pick up a male with phantom or mystic gene... you can get BEL with either gene as well as either purple passions or mystic potions.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Armiyana For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (12-18-2018)