Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 488

1 members and 487 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Re: Ferry - Rhacodactylus Chahoua (Chewie)

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Nice Chewie they are a lot of fun and VERY sweet.....can't wait to see him fired up

Zina time to get yourself one
    So pushy you all are

Going so far as to get the animals I want and show them off...tsk tsk

I need to add on a couple of rooms. Or better yet, find a bigger house
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-26-2018)

Thanks

Awesome! Congrats Dave and Katie. I love getting previews before the general public

Sick name. I am a car guy myself, and when it comes to the illustrious Porsche brand I can't help but provide my abounding approval. Mazal tov!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa - Sir Hiss🎩🐍
    0.1 Pastel Ball Python - Exzahrah
    0.1 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Nymeria
    0.1 Suriname Red Tail BCC- Sascha
    0.1 WT Ball Python- Ariana
    1.0 Bumblebee Ball Python- Fabio

WISHLIST:
    Dumerils Boa
    Candino BP
    Granite IJ Carpet Python
    White Lipped Python
    Komodo Dragon

"​Normal is just a setting on the washing machine..."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Avsha531 For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-26-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    Another cool "last" addition!!!!
    Thank you brother. I am actually hoping this is it for a while. However, I refuse to make promises at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Nice Chewie they are a lot of fun and VERY sweet.....can't wait to see him fired up

Zina time to get yourself one
    I agree. Ezzy is a doll, but seems a little more active. I'll see with time, but he's really chill.

Zina - see below.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    "Last addition..." I'm glad you won the custody battle though...personality ("chill") counts for way more than color in 'my book' too. He's way cool!
    Personally, I think he's a handsome guy. However, I agree personality trumps looks. However, as you can see with most of my animals, with my fiancé, etc. I like it when I can combine them .

However, I did ask Steve who the chillest Chewie he had was and he said "definitely" Ferry. I did the same thing with Behira. I told the breeder I wanted the chillest most docile Boa you have with the best food response. He sold me Behira. I love her, she's beautiful, but I tend to go for more striking looking animals. Her looks have grown on me, especially as she has. I adore her. Best Snake Ever (BSE). However, getting my first "big" snake, temperament was priority number one. NO regrets at all there.

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Ok, now I get it...

When you say "I'm done acquiring new animals", that is really CODE for "I'm gonna get a bunch more in the next few weeks, watch me"

Hi everyone, my name is David, and I AM a REPTILEHOLIC!

Well, you only live once, and I am 38 now, with a "short" life expectancy because of immune suppression, kidney disease and transplantation, etc. All of my current reptiles are 6 or under. I have pretty much their lifespans ((for the longer living ones - pretty much everyone except maybe Figment (corn snake) and the Leopard Gecko females)) to enjoy them and I won't get a second rodeo. Even Katie said, "do it while you can." I am able to comfortably care for everyone time wise, health wise, and financially. I keep saying I am approaching my limit, but do "feel" that to be true at this point, not just "think it intellectually."

NO FAIR !!!

You know I was thinking about a PI Chewie, and there you go and get one.

LOL !!

He is a BEAUTY of course, I LOVE those greens and pinks. I've said it before, but if I do add another gecko, it will be a PI Chewie, with lots of pink and green, I find them gorgeous and they usually have a beautiful personality to go with it.

Big congratulations
    First, thank you for the congrats. I really appreciate it.

Secondly, when you get one, consider talking to Steve. He knows his animals inside and out and he's top notch. I posted a review of Leapin' Leachies earlier today. PM if you want his number as I am happy to refer you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

zina10 (11-26-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Congratulations on another cool addition!
    Other Snakes:
    Hudson 1988 1.0 Colombian rainbow; Yang 2002 1.0 Corn snake; Merlin 2000 1.0 Solomon Island ground boa; Kett 2015 1.0 Diamond Jungle Jaguar carpet python; Dakota 2014 0.0.1 Children’s python

Ball pythons:
    Eli 1990 1.0 Normal; Buttercup 2015 1.0 Albino; Artemis 2015 0.1 Dragonfly; Orion 2015 1.0 Banana Pinstripe; Button 2018 1.0 Blue Eyed Lucy; Piper 2018 0.1 Piebald; Belle 2018 0.1 Lemonblast; Sabrina 2017 0.1 Mojave; Selene 2017 0.1 Banana Mojave; Loki 2018 1.0 Pastel Mystic Potion; Cuervo 2018 1.0 Banana Piebald; Claude 2017 1.0 Albino Pastel Spider; Penelope 2016 0.1 Lesser

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-26-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Congrats Dakski! ... Chahoua's are very awesome to have. I really wanted to get one but they are pretty pricey where I live... anyways thanks for sharing yet another great story. And dont worry about breaking your limit. Its the passion in you that runs deep...I would be the same way if I had more room than I do (hence my screenname says it all) LOL

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jus1More For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-26-2018)

Account Disabled
    Thanks
    Quite the collection dakski, another beautiful critter. Congratulations.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakethesnake69 For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-26-2018)

Thanks

We took Ferry out for a quick look over tonight.

First, WOW! He must be settling in nicely as his colors are MUCH richer and he POPS! His red/brown hues are much more noticeable and his greens are deep.

Secondly, I know these guys can leap, and be quick, and we've seen Ezzy (our Leachie) do the leaping thing (we've learned to sense when she wants to and block or make sure she's within reach of what she wants to jump to), but Ferry, on day two, is so chill. He's just a cool customer. Not that Ferry Porsche didn't design race cars, and race them, but maybe I should have named him Senna or something? He's just too calm and cool.

All kidding aside, he's got a cool personality, but a calm and collected one at that. I am sure, with time, he will continue to brighten up more, and be even more trusting and relaxed with us. So far, I couldn't be happier with Ferry.

Here's a video link to Katie holding him: https://streamable.com/fiim9

And here are some pic (iPhone pics tonight - sorry - but still - stunning):

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

"Hey, you don't mind if I clean my right eye while you take that picture, do you?"

[IMG][/IMG]

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-27-2018),Dianne (11-29-2018),richardhind1972 (11-29-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    So pushy you all are

Going so far as to get the animals I want and show them off...tsk tsk

I need to add on a couple of rooms. Or better yet, find a bigger house
    Ferry is living in a 16X16X20" enclosure (breeder recommend) and happily lives at room temp. I am installing a small LED light (with 12hr/12hr day/night cycle) and a small heat pad for with a thermostat set to 75F for cool nights if he wants it. Neither are necessary. You could literally stick one of these guys anywhere.

Oh, what were you saying Zina10? Something about being pushy? Anyway, as I was saying, Chewie's really don't need much.............

Quote Originally Posted by Avsha531 View Post
    Awesome! Congrats Dave and Katie. I love getting previews before the general public

Sick name. I am a car guy myself, and when it comes to the illustrious Porsche brand I can't help but provide my abounding approval. Mazal tov!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I've loved Porsche's since I was a kid, as early as I can remember. I've had a 2004 911 Turbo for ten years now (my second Porsche), affectionately referred to as The "Beast" by friends and family. Very reliable but very modified. Suspension, brakes, wheels, turbos, intercoolers, inlet hoses, boost hoses, plenum, clutch, gearbox and gears 1 and 2, etc. along with a custom tune from arguably one of the top 3 tuners in the country, if not the #1 German tuner. 685 crank HP and 720 FT/LB of torque at the crank and AWD to put it down (that's 551 Peak WHP and 592 W FT/LB - flat from 3,500 to 5,300 RPM's - 18% drivetrain loss with AWD). She runs 10 second 1/4 miles all day long and gets close to 20mpg average and is comfortable on long trips.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Congratulations on another cool addition!
    Thank you Dianne!

Quote Originally Posted by Jus1More View Post
    Congrats Dakski! ... Chahoua's are very awesome to have. I really wanted to get one but they are pretty pricey where I live... anyways thanks for sharing yet another great story. And dont worry about breaking your limit. Its the passion in you that runs deep...I would be the same way if I had more room than I do (hence my screenname says it all) LOL
    Pricey, yes. However, he totally seems worth it, and his setup was dirt cheap! I looked at it this way. He was $1,400 (which was relatively inexpensive for a Chewie - Steve sold him to me as a pet and for great demeanor not for great color and breeding, etc. and also males are much less than the females). However, his setup was $110 for a PVC tank that hold humidity really well, $90 for a years worth of logs and branches, and about $100 for about a years worth of food (not including occasional insects which I get for the leopard geckos anyway), magnetic holders for water dish and food dish, replaceable food/water dishes, a small UTH, and a small LED light strip. I have a thermostat and a light timer.

So, all in, about $1,610.

Look at Feliz, my Venezuelan Red Tail Boa/BCC. Yes, he was $600. However, his 4X2' Boaphile, decked out with heating elements, thermostat (redundant), lighting, etc. was about as much.

So the ratio of proper care for life to price of animal is vastly different. Not saying he wasn't expensive, but trying to put it into perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethesnake69 View Post
    Quite the collection dakski, another beautiful critter. Congratulations.

Thank you, brother.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

zina10 (11-27-2018)

Thanks

Ferry's making friends already!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

And why not. He's so calm, and sooooo handsome!

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Dianne (11-29-2018),richardhind1972 (11-29-2018)

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

He really is cool Dave,I love his camouflage, you would never find him.in a forest with mossy trees that's for sure.

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

dakski (11-29-2018)

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast