Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,884

1 members and 2,883 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
    Thanks

Smile Finally took a f/t mouse!

So after two or three months of live feeding adult mice my new bp, I tried feeding him a leftover ft fuzzy mouse. Rolled it in mice bedding, heated it up, and he instantly grabbed it and ate it (yay!). So I have another two fuzzies in the freezer, and two live adult mice. My question is this: what should his feeding schedule be from now on? I would like to just feed him ft mice, and eventually rats. Should I just feed him ft from now on? He weighs 166g. I wouldn't mind putting a bit more weight on him, he was a bit thin when I got him.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alex Lehner For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-22-2018),FollowTheSun (11-22-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Re: Finally took a f/t mouse!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lehner View Post
    So after two or three months of live feeding adult mice my new bp, I tried feeding him a leftover ft fuzzy mouse. Rolled it in mice bedding, heated it up, and he instantly grabbed it and ate it (yay!). So I have another two fuzzies in the freezer, and two live adult mice. My question is this: what should his feeding schedule be from now on? I would like to just feed him ft mice, and eventually rats. Should I just feed him ft from now on? He weighs 166g. I wouldn't mind putting a bit more weight on him, he was a bit thin when I got him.
    If he took F/T I would stick to F/T. However, fuzzies are WAY WAY too small for a BP. BPs eat hoppers right out of the egg for their first few meals only and quickly move up to small adult mice.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-21-2018),MissterDog (11-21-2018),SVT Wylde (11-21-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Lehner View Post
    If your looking to get it on rats id get it switched now. Bp can be extreamly stubborn the sooner the switch the better. Also this is a great chart. people on here showed me it. And i would stick with f/t now that its willing to take it.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dylan_ For This Useful Post:

FollowTheSun (11-22-2018)

Thanks

Thanks to both of you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex Lehner For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-22-2018)