Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ


» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 62,791
Threads: 236,065
Posts: 2,446,861
Top Poster: JLC (31,652)
Welcome to our newest member, crzymomo9
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    BPnet Veteran Godzilla78's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-19-2016
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    1,949
    Thanks
    2,792
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 945 Posts
    I only have ball pythons. At first I got one because they are docile, fairly large, and easy to handle. Then I enjoyed watching it in its enclosure, more than handling it. It is true that they hide most of the time, but at night they come out and I have exoterra night bulbs, which are very dim purple "moonlight" heat bulbs. The ball pythons love to come out at night and crawl around my three large Neodesha display cages. I also have 8 other snakes in a rack system. I use the largest tubs possible and put hides in the tubs, so they can move around and regulate their temperature.

    I MUCH PREFER THE NEODESHA DISPLAY CAGES! It is very enjoyable for me to watch them come out at night and hang out. My large normal female is super friendly and extroverted. She will hang out in the open basking in the heat lamp for hours. When I slide open the glass doors, she slithers towards me nonchalantly like, "hey, lets hang out, what is happening?"

    The ball pythons that live in the rack, I really don't get to enjoy them much at all. I never see them, and basically just enjoy feeding them once per week, and as we all know, even that can be frustrating when they refuse to eat for whatever reason. I am enjoying the morphs and the idea of breeding, hence the rack system to keep multiple snakes. If and when I ever retire form the breeding projects, I will probably sell off all of my collection, save for my favorite most extroverted 3 snakes, which I will keep in the Neodesha's as pets.
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 11-21-2018 at 09:43 PM.

  2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (11-21-2018),Dianne (11-21-2018),distaff (11-21-2018),FollowTheSun (11-22-2018),Grub (11-23-2018)

  3. #22
    BPnet Lifer zina10's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    southeast
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    5,174
    Thanked 5,578 Times in 2,372 Posts

    Re: Questions about what you personally enjoy about your animals / just general quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    I only have ball pythons. At first I got one because they are docile, fairly large, and easy to handle. Then I enjoyed watching it in its enclosure, more than handling it. It is true that they hide most of the time, but at night they come out and I have exoterra night bulbs, which are very dim purple "moonlight" heat bulbs. The ball pythons love to come out at night and crawl around my three large Neodesha display cages. I also have 8 other snakes in a rack system. I use the largest tubs possible and put hides in the tubs, so they can move around and regulate their temperature.

    I MUCH PREFER THE NEODESHA DISPLAY CAGES! It is very enjoyable for me to watch them come out at night and hang out. My large normal female is super friendly and extroverted. She will hang out in the open basking in the heat lamp for hours. When I slide open the glass doors, she slithers towards me nonchalantly like, "hey, lets hang out, what is happening?"

    The ball pythons that live in the rack, I really don't get to enjoy them much at all. I never see them, and basically just enjoy feeding them once per week, and as we all know, even that can be frustrating when they refuse to eat for whatever reason. I am enjoying the morphs and the idea of breeding, hence the rack system to keep multiple snakes. If and when I ever retire form the breeding projects, I will probably sell off all of my collection, save for my favorite most extroverted 3 snakes, which I will keep in the Neodesha's as pets.

    I love my Neodesha slant cage. And I loved the 6 I used to have (4 footers) but I sold them prior to a move. Now I only have the one 36 inch cage.

    Just a couple of weeks ago I decided to update to the 4 ft. one and guess what...they don't make them anymore !!! I'm so upset. I really think they make the NICEST display cages ever. Wide open view. Easy to maintain heat and humidity, easy to clean. And none of those PVC concerns.

    I decided to look for used ones, but no luck, all way to far away and as paranoid as I am, I would have a hard time with used until I bleach them for days.


    You got very lucky with those 3 you got.


    Eventually, when I decide to stop breeding, I will only have 3 to 6 animals or so, and I will handpick my favorites from my own hatchlings. Personality and looks wise We all know they will be Desert Ghost somethings
    Zina

    0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly Ball Python "Jag"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exup╚ry

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (11-21-2018),Dianne (11-21-2018),Godzilla78 (11-21-2018)

  5. #23
    BPnet Veteran Godzilla78's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-19-2016
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    1,949
    Thanks
    2,792
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 945 Posts

    !

    Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I love my Neodesha slant cage. And I loved the 6 I used to have (4 footers) but I sold them prior to a move. Now I only have the one 36 inch cage.

    Just a couple of weeks ago I decided to update to the 4 ft. one and guess what...they don't make them anymore !!! I'm so upset. I really think they make the NICEST display cages ever. Wide open view. Easy to maintain heat and humidity, easy to clean. And none of those PVC concerns.

    I decided to look for used ones, but no luck, all way to far away and as paranoid as I am, I would have a hard time with used until I bleach them for days.


    You got very lucky with those 3 you got.


    Eventually, when I decide to stop breeding, I will only have 3 to 6 animals or so, and I will handpick my favorites from my own hatchlings. Personality and looks wise We all know they will be Desert Ghost somethings
    REALLY!? Wow, I feel really lucky to have the 4 foot long Neodesha's. I agree with you that they are the best display cages ever, as far as I know.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

    zina10 (11-21-2018)

  7. #24
    BPnet Lifer zina10's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    southeast
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    5,174
    Thanked 5,578 Times in 2,372 Posts

    Re: !

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    REALLY!? Wow, I feel really lucky to have the 4 foot long Neodesha's. I agree with you that they are the best display cages ever, as far as I know.
    Yup.

    The web page is disabled (the cart). They are selling car parts on ebay now. They told me they will sell cages again, but only the stackable ones. I don't like those as much. I keep hoping they will change their mind or that they sell that part of the business.

    Those Neodeshas have been around forever. True and tried. If only I had gotten the bigger one while I could.

    Not that a Ball Python male "needs" a 4 footer, but I have space for it and my male is quite large. He has settled so nicely into that cage and I figured going from that one to the 4 ft one would not be to much stress as the cage is just about the same, just a bit longer.

    Sigh, I will keep checking ebay and craigslist, but I live to rural to luck out like you did.
    Zina

    0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly Ball Python "Jag"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exup╚ry

  8. #25
    BPnet Veteran Godzilla78's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-19-2016
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    1,949
    Thanks
    2,792
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 945 Posts

    Re: !

    Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    Yup.

    The web page is disabled (the cart). They are selling car parts on ebay now. They told me they will sell cages again, but only the stackable ones. I don't like those as much. I keep hoping they will change their mind or that they sell that part of the business.

    Those Neodeshas have been around forever. True and tried. If only I had gotten the bigger one while I could.

    Not that a Ball Python male "needs" a 4 footer, but I have space for it and my male is quite large. He has settled so nicely into that cage and I figured going from that one to the 4 ft one would not be to much stress as the cage is just about the same, just a bit longer.

    Sigh, I will keep checking ebay and craigslist, but I live to rural to luck out like you did.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

    FollowTheSun (11-22-2018),zina10 (11-21-2018)

  10. #26
    BPnet Veteran Sauzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-26-2014
    Location
    Seattle Washington
    Posts
    5,868
    Thanks
    1,888
    Thanked 5,862 Times in 3,087 Posts
    I enjoy playing hide and seek with my snakes for brown hotdogs buried in the substrate.....or the pile of urate they manage to bury and it had enough time to set up and become concrete lol.
    1.0 SD/D White Albino Tiger het snow Reticulated Python-Caesar
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

    0.1 Redgroup/Burke Lipstick Sunglow BI-Victoria
    0.1 Colombian BI-Rosey
    0.1 Dumeril's Boa-Luna
    0.0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​0.0.1 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (11-21-2018),Dianne (11-21-2018),FollowTheSun (11-22-2018),Godzilla78 (11-21-2018),zina10 (11-21-2018)

  12. #27
    BPnet Veteran Godzilla78's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-19-2016
    Location
    Asheville, NC, USA
    Posts
    1,949
    Thanks
    2,792
    Thanked 1,600 Times in 945 Posts
    sorry to get off on this tangent, but I found a link to the 48" neodeshas'....http://npicages.com/48_cage_3_pack.html

  13. #28
    BPnet Lifer zina10's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    southeast
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    5,174
    Thanked 5,578 Times in 2,372 Posts

    Re: Questions about what you personally enjoy about your animals / just general quest

    Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla78 View Post
    sorry to get off on this tangent, but I found a link to the 48" neodeshas'....http://npicages.com/48_cage_3_pack.html
    Yes, and when you try to add them to the cart, it says shopping cart disabled. They do not use this website anymore.
    They went to "ebay only" and last time I checked it was plastic car parts, although they said they will have the stackable cages available again...

    Thanks for looking though
    Zina

    0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly Ball Python "Jag"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exup╚ry

  14. #29
    BPnet Lifer zina10's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-09-2010
    Location
    southeast
    Posts
    4,249
    Thanks
    5,174
    Thanked 5,578 Times in 2,372 Posts

    Re: Questions about what you personally enjoy about your animals / just general quest

    This is my big boy checking out his new homemade shelf. The other one was to small so I made a bigger one.

    It will have more of a plant curtain to hide behind..eventually.

    I made another shelf that I can play around with, waterproof with pond liner and add driftwood or bamboo and fake plants. While that one is in the works, he can play with the plain version

    He always looks so small in pictures. His middle is bigger around then my upper arm!




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zina

    0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Pastel Yellowbelly Ball Python "Jag"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-Exup╚ry

  15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

    Bogertophis (11-21-2018),Dianne (11-22-2018),Godzilla78 (11-22-2018)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.2.1