I've been taking in a lot of information on my path to finding out if snake ownership is right for me, and then by extension which snake. For me, I like to view my animals and feed them, and I enjoy a beautiful scene so I would want an attractive enclosure with enrichment that allows an animal to engage in natural behaviors. I'm confused by the multiple tub rack set ups. I'm not judging, I'm just genuinely confused. It seems like the people who have those set ups are perfectly happy and really like their pets. For those of you who have this kind of set up, how do you enjoy your snakes/what do you enjoy about them? Is it just the act of caring for them, or the collecting aspect? Do you handle them frequently? Or is this kind of set up more frequently used by those who breed, and the enjoyment comes from tracking the statistics (that part I totally get, I love tracking things.)

If I didn't handle them frequently, would that make me neglectful? I've got other pets that enjoy being handled, and rather need it for their own well-being, but it seems like snakes are more about tolerating it rather than enjoying it.
Is out of cage time a necessity or mostly an owner's enjoyment aspect?