Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,795

2 members and 2,793 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Re: New PA Woods Vivarium (Gray Tree Frogs)

Oh my gosh, I just read through the last several updates and sincerely hope that Ace makes a full recovery.🤞
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

AAronCap (12-31-2018)

Thanks

Checkout the new video featuring The Tree Frogs!

https://youtu.be/06ojFgseB8s

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Thanks

State of the PA Woods Address...

Idk where to begin with this update. It is a rollercoaster of a story! So to continue the story of my toad Ace. She had another prolapse on New Year's Day and I knew my vet was going to say it's time to put her down. I was so exhausted and tired and felt I gave a lot of time and money to my toad and this would be it. I actually found every clip I have of her on my computer and I bought a small pet tombstone as I was preparing to put her to rest because the vet couldn't do anything more. She said I could contact the Pittsburgh Zoo and I did. I asked her first if she could fix the prolapse and allow me to have some time to record her and take pictures. I called the zoo and spoke to a biologist. He actually told me he knows a vet that could help Ace. At this time I had nothing to lose and I reached out to the vet and there was an odd and long story that led me to another vet. They believed they had a vet that could save Ace. They oddly enough had an appointment the next day but it was a 2 hour drive. I did it anyways I made the appointment for Ace. I figured that it was time to get some answers about why I had problems with female toads. Boy I'm happy I went.

I spent an arm and a leg but I found a vet who is one of a few hundred in the country that specializes in frogs and lizards and etc. She turned a situation where I thought Ace would be euthanized to a situation now we are medicating her and expecting a hopeful recovery. She gave me the solid answers I've been searching for. She is going to make the PA Woods Vivariums even better for the animals and for us. They will be the healthiest as well. She worked with or works with Ripley's Aquarium and multiple zoos. So there you have it. It took not giving up and not accepting the current circumstances as being the only circumstances. Even if she dies Ace got answers for future generations and she selflessly endured illness so the others around her can get help and to eventually thrive. Ace will hold a special place in my heart being so tough but she will be responsible for saving the lives of all the animals around her. She in a way endured suffering for them so hopefully all the animals I own now will not suffer from problems of the past. I will inform everyone how Ace does moving forward and I am very hopeful that she will survive.

So moving on to the state of the PA Woods Vivariums

So there are mostly good things and some things many people will be surprised about.

Learning from this Vet there are some changes I need to make for the updated PA Woods Vivariums especially for my toads and it will take a while to get all this stuff set up to be done the right way. So the toads enclosures will most likely not be finished by the end of the summer or they will be finished around the time the toads must hibernate. So 2019 will not see the updated PA Woods Vivariums 125 Gallon Western PA Woods and 75 Gallon Pine Creek PA Woods, but the New PA Woods Vivarium with the Gray Tree Frogs will continue to carry the native side of the content. Because I have a lot of updating to do and I have to treat many animals like the entire PA Woods Vivariums animals and the exotic animals it will take some time to get them all through to be together in the setups. The toads will be first that's why they will sit out this year. I may show some pics and give updates though so you know of the progress.

How do you feel about the toads sitting out of the public eye for a year? This is what I thought would be the biggest shocker. Maybe the toads will make an appearance for Frog and Toad Week in July

As for the Gray Tree Frogs they are going after the toads to be checked but will not hibernate this winter that is why they will still be around. We can do some Swarms Battles with the Gray Tree Frogs and we can focus on them more this year. I plan on attempting to purchase the Biopod Grand for them and setting up my version of a native Gray Tree Frogs habitat. I will try to purchase this enclosure by the fall because it's $1k so I'll have to save A LOT.
    I will try to document the build as well so many other Gray Tree Frog keepers can see what I'm doing. I believe Bane and Christian can hold down the native side of the PA Woods Vivariums. We will be searching for two females to accompany Bane and Christian so there will be more joining them. Let's not forget about the baby tree frogs waiting and growing patiently to join forces with the two males currently. That will be big news. The Gray Tree Frogs will not have a mixed species setup it will be just them as we focus on how incredible and amazing they are. There are many great things about them and I look forward to displaying them for you to see. I have come up with a name for the group of Gray Tree Frogs when they will all be together. There were not many name suggestions so I went with one I thought fit the most. I'll give you a small hint. What scientific classification is a group of frogs called? Like a school of fish and pack of dogs what are frogs?

So there you have it. What is to come in 2019 will be the year of the Tree Frog. They will be the summer stars. Let me know your thoughts on 2019 for the PA Woods!

Please keep Ace in your prayers also. She still has a lot of work to do getting healthy again.

Make sure you checkout the State of the Five Lined Dumpy Family as I'll be writing that up tonight also!

Thanks

Another update on the animals....

So after taking some time to think about it I decided that I needed to be more aggressive and make a decision that will cost a lot of money now but will benefit later down the road.

So after taking some time to think about it I decided that the next vet visit for my toad Ace I will also bring Wellsboro in so he can be helped. If you remember he was having trouble putting on weight and I believe this is the best decision to make because he just like all my animals matter and it's a public sign that I believe in him and I'm not giving up on him. I am going to be in more debt but I'll have very healthy toads hopefully after all this.

I've just struggled and been so upset about the possibility of death for one of my animals and I am just tired of having to feel this way. My toads by no means are at the end of their lives. So they have a lot of living to do and I'm tired of having death on my mind. I'm at the point where I'm going to get more aggressive and treat the animals and not wait and do one at a time.

Plus it will make it easier setting up the two enclosures if I have the toads treated and can go right into the setup.

On the other side of the PA Woods Vivariums the Gray Tree Frogs are doing great. I can confirm Christian is the frog who is calling. I have not been able to document it but I will as soon as I can.

I believe he is doing this to claim dominance because it's not a mating call and it's not a distress call. I can't wait to document this so you can hear what I do and see how unusual this is.

The baby tree frogs are growing I saw the poop is about double what it was which is impressive because the change hasn't happened in a long period of time. It has taken a while for the frogs to grow but recently I am seeing them grow at a faster rate.

I am excited to see both adults and babies join forces and come together to make up the Gray Army. That's right the name for these guys is the Gray Army.

My exotic animals have group names and the native animals only have their enclosures named. The reason the Gray Tree Frogs will have both is because they are an independent group. I could easily make their setup and care more towards the exotics but I am not sure I want them to join the exotics side of the PA Woods.

While they may bring balance causing me to highlight the exotics more then I have in the past. They will leave behind their tank name though if added to the exotic side.

Honestly it doesn't matter as much for their care and requirements it's just what do I want them to live with. I am not opposed to changing them but I want to see what you all think? Should I make a new thread and ask the question? Would you want to see me design a more tropical looking enclosure for the Gray Army? This would make a difference with the exotics of the PA Woods Vivariums.

What do you think?

What is the best hygrometer that you recommend?

What UVB light fixture would you recommend?

Thanks

A wild shakeup for the PA Woods Vivariums!

I have been diligently spending time researching what I need for the Gray Army and the other animals of the PA Woods.

I have researched lights to soil to feeders to plants and so much more! I am glad to say that wow is the PA Woods going to be different. I have found the missing information I believe to be able to build a true ecosystem for plants, predators and prey. From feeding the insects inside the enclosure to maintain their nutritious content to having a spot for UVB and even designating plants as the focus point of the enclosure. I have been asking this vet so many questions that I didn't have answers to. I am glad to say that she will be able to help me with keeping these amphibians and with helping the forums to get care.

Not only will the goal of displaying hibernation and breeding be in the PA Woods Vivariums but now being an example of proper health and diet will be another focus point.

Ace is doing great she ate a little today and is alive! Bane actually had a prolapse but got the care he needed just hours after it happened so he's in better shape. Good thing I found this vet because the old one would have put down Ace and Bane. But they can come back from this and live!

Bane was dewormed this week but needs to go back this Thursday for a follow-up. Ace if she eats can be dewormed but not as intense. So after Bane is done in maybe a month or two Christian will be next so the adult Gray Tree Frogs will be complete and can be finished. Then my toads I will attempt to complete. So the Gray Army will be ready to go when the time is theirs. Plus at the end of summer they have an upcoming build that will be a big part of the channel. But what side will the Gray Army be on when the build is finished?

I say that because I am considering more the idea of the Gray Army being in a more tropical forest instead of a PA Woods. Trust me I am very focused on creating the PA Woods but I just think it might be a better direction for the Tree Frogs. I'm actually 50/50 with what I will do but just know this is for the best interest of the animals not for me. I will have 2 PA Woods Vivariums which is still awesome! The Gray Tree Frogs will be referenced by their nickname not the name of the enclosure. When I have made a decision on what environment they will have I'll make a new thread for them. I think I may do a thread for two years and then start another one to show the progress but not have 10k posts from years back lol

The Western PA Woods will actually be finished before the Pine Creek PA Woods. Both toads assuming Ace lives and is able to breed will have a leg up with a complete pair of toads and they have a lot more of what I need I don't have to buy quite as much. I am also moving away from the 75 gallon aquarium. I will in fact use the Tetrafauna 75 gallon Viquarium. This is like a terrarium with doors and a good lid but also a drain at the bottom so I can empty the water from the fish. This is more suited towards what I want to do. See I actually wanted this first but settled for the 75 gallon. So I'm actually going for it. With the purchase of this means it will in fact take me a while to build around this time probably next year I'll have most of it done. The summer will be focusing on the rebuild of the Western PA Woods Vivarium.

So a lot will change with possibly the Gray Tree Frogs joining the animals of the exotic side and the Pine Creek PA Woods being built in a new enclosure. There is a lot going on!

The state of the PA Woods is changing and there is a lot of exciting new information. Get ready for a wild 2019 and the rebuild of the Wild Wild West. The Western PA Woods Vivarium that is.

Thanks

Another shakeup with ideas...

After talking about moving away from aquariums and the fact that the Gray Army will have the second largest enclosure out of 5 caused some very interesting conversation. I said about using a Tetrafauna Viquarium another 75 gallon but more like a terrarium. Then it was brought to me that I could get another Biopod to house the Pine Creek PA Woods which would really be wild and would cause some interesting debate between manuel keepers and the automatic system of the Biopod and their keepers. Which is better a custom build or all in one? That depends on what you want.

I thought about this and actually it would save a lot of money doing this and would actually be more space for the toads. So I am about certain that is the future plan for the Pine Creek PA Woods. This all connects with the Gray Army. The biggest question is what about the fish?? Well instead of them being in the Pine Creek setup they would be traded to the Gray Army and asked to keep the waters clean. As long as it's not standing water which the Biopod actually recycles it's water so the toxin of the Gray Tree Frogs might come out through the water being cycled. I will change the water anyways. So the Mosquito Fish are awaiting the end of the summer to inherit the waters of something new.

Now there is a lot the Gray Army holds the key to. They could become tropical and challenge the Exo Terra Terrarium community of the Five Lined Dumpy Family and cause some interesting conversation and comparison. On the other hand they could remain native and challenge the 125 Gallon Western PA Woods and the other Biopod in another very controversial conversation. Pitting a Biopod vs Biopod could be really interesting. Especially the same size Biopod with native plants and animals and the climate would be similar. That is very interesting.

Well a big piece of the puzzle will be understood after Bane goes to the vet with me and Ace. If the Gray Army is allowed to use the native plants in the setup then that is the most compelling case to stay native. If I need all new plants then it would be easier to go tropical. The native plants can only be bought for a limited time opposed to exotic plants seemingly all year so if plants die they can instantly be replaced.

All I know is that the Western Woods will be the next setup to be worked on after the finishing touches on the Skink Dynasty. They will all always be updated but most things won't change. The Western PA Woods will be the least expensive to complete. So maybe just maybe it will make an appearance this summer!

Then at the end of the summer the Gray Army will get their forever home which is the Biopod. I have just 2 enclosures planned to work on over an 8 month span. This way I can focus on making these enclosures sustainable and not have these problems. Also all the animals at this time should be treated for the Gray Army and the Toads. The Gray Army will still be featured in the 30 Gallon this year so don't worry about their availability.

Around this time next year I will be spending time observing the first Biopod and then will be making the decision to purchase the enclosure of the Pine Creek PA Woods. This enclosure is unique because it will be made over the winter and is a Native setup. If it's a Biopod it won't be as difficult. There are some very big surprises in store with the native setups I do not want to ruin.

So what do you think about the idea of a battle of native enclosures between manual vs automatic?

They haven't been featured as much on the channel but are you interested in seeing the relationship between the Gray Army and the Mosquito Fish? I am!

In times where things are ever-changing and getting finalized at the same time ie the Skink Dynasty finished and the changing Pine Creek PA Woods enclosure what sounds more interesting comparing two native Biopods or having them face the manual setups?

Should the Gray Army be independent and be featured by it's self or should it join a side? It's getting enough exposure and attention to do any of the three.

Thanks

A very detailed update!!

Finally a breakthrough for the sick animals! Ace is making a comeback and we believe she is going to be fine. She was just dewormed and looks to be impressive how alert she is. I informed the vet of my intention of still breeding Ace and she agreed but we have a long way to go for that. It's good we have 9-10 months until the hibernation! She should be good by then! If she isn't we will wait for her. So the toads are doing good. The upgrade of their build I ran by the vet. So a biologist and a vet who are well respected have helped me tailor a special build for the upcoming 125 gallon Western PA Woods Vivarium! I am honestly so excited because I am hoping to out compete the first generations of the PA Woods Vivariums. What I mean is that I want to introduce the crickets both species I use and the Isopods. I want to show how important they are! You guys can see the feature video of the YouTube Channel of the most viewed and most diverse enclosure. I am still trying to beat this video and compete with the biodiversity! I believe I'll crush it with the new 125 gallon build.

So now that the toads are doing well it's time for news on the Gray Army!

Yes they can still have their plants but they need cleaned. So this means the Biopod is going to be a Native PA Woods! We can still call it the New PA Woods! They still maintain the opportunity to have the name. The interesting thing is though it's going to be looked at as a smaller build the New PA Woods Biopod will actually be tied for second largest enclosure by gallons. Oh well haha that's the name and I'm sticking to it!

Bane is doing great his prolapse is being held in check. He had proper care done the first time. He in two weeks has his stitches removed.

I am very excited to say the babies are growing up so fast and after the toads and gray tree frogs are done being checked out then the babies are next. So probably around the fall or winter we will have the first encounter between the babies and the adults in the Biopod! Talk about exciting!

So we have something very important to discuss about the Gray Army. They have garnered enough popularity to become in contention to be independent in video and display! I decided to see what our dedicated fans on Facebook thought in a poll. So far I was very surprised to see people just want to see stand alone Gray Tree Frogs videos. The voting is still going on and you can vote in the link below! We need you and your vote! This can impact the fate of all the PA Woods Vivariums social media and even in some respects the lives of the Gray Army!

Remember there will be hopefully 7 tree frogs and Mosquito Fish in the build so they will have a lot of solid observation and documentation to show us. If they are so popular then why not as long as they get voted to be a stand alone name. But they will still be a member of the PA Woods Native Species Community! How this will work is that we will call the exotic animals kingdoms like the Five Lined Dumpy Family Kingdoms. Then to pay homage to the colonies the 3 native enclosures will be the native species colonies.

So you may be wondering how the toads are going to compete with the Gray Tree Frogs and not just because of their enclosure. Well I promise the toads will be no slouch and I have a solid plan. Something nobody sees coming! They will compete with one another for supremacy to determine who was the best Native Colony of the year. We will look through various categories. The 3 colonies will battle but this year in 2019 it will be a battle between the Upgraded Rebuild Western PA Woods Vivarium vs the Red Hot New PA Woods Biopod. We will have the most intense battle I'm going to through so much at you to make it difficult to pick a winner. That's what you would expect from 2 heavyweights in a fight right?

The last enclosure will be the Pine Creek PA Woods Biopod that will have toads in and will be the reverse of the Western PA Woods Vivarium. In 2020 this enclosure will join in on the fun.

For Frog Week I may reach out to various resources like my new vet and my go to man a biologist. I also am possibly going to ask my college if they will support or join in. I'm not sure how far we can take it but if they would support it that would be cool. My one professor is a scientist and she is excited to hear about my plans! We have a lot of good stuff going into the right direction. I also have a lot more care articles to write. I'm continuing a part 2 for American Toads and Gray Tree Frogs!

Tomorrow I'll have the names of the playlists for the Western PA Woods Vivarium and New PA Woods Biopod. I'll include the care sheet articles as well and explain more!

I threw a lot at you guys! I hope it wasn't too much!

Are you excited to see the Western PA Woods Vivarium battle the New PA Woods Biopod this Autumn?

What are you looking forward to about Frog Week?

Do you have any thoughts on the Gray Army declaring independence?

Vote here!
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...02141930246413

Thanks

Names of the Series and Care Articles for 2019...

I noticed an even greater change in the animals that have been eating the insects that are eating the Mazuri Gut Load. I have to say that I recommend it more and more as the weeks are going by.

Nothing different happened yesterday and today all the animals are doing great!

Now we can talk about what the goals are for 2019. There will be more series coming this year. We had the Swarms Battles and the Perspective video but this year things will be even more in depth and not expecting any sick animals.

PA Woods Vivariums:
    Western PA Woods Vivarium
    Pine Creek PA Woods Biopod

Swarms Battles will return for 2019. It will be the longest series and will see special guest appearances by the Five Lined Dumpy Family and the Gray Army! There is unfinished business between some of the feeder insects and the toads. This may be another thing to consider. Maybe the toads will not be alone and we need to see how everyone will hunt crickets. Let's face it though frogs and toads vs crickets never gets old. There will be some intense battles this year. I got confirmation that I can use Praying Mantis and Dragonflies so you will not want to miss seeing such epic battles. The guest appearances will make things interesting to see what is next! Look for the Swarms Battles to come later in the summer this year.

Seasons in the PA Woods Vivariums is what we are trying to accomplish. This year we may be able to have the first episode but that may be up to the PA Woods Community on a vote. We could start out with Autumn and show the temperature changes, pursuit of the animals to put on weight and a lot of cool environment effects. This episode would include the first hibernation. Seasons 2020 will be probably the most anticipated series ever on this channel to hear first if the animals hibernating woke up and then if they actually attempt to breed. Seasons is the animals having to show how they adapt to the environment. Thunderstorms, Foggy days, droughts and the sounds of the room and their enclosures will change. This is an epic and over the top documentary of the lives these animals live. Look forward to the vote on whether or not we will show Autumn this year!

Perspective is focused on presenting the stories of each individual amphibian. It's a unique take on the stories and allows you to understand who these animals are and how they joined the PA Woods Vivariums.

PA Woods Battles is going to be a yearly renewal of rivalries. The Western PA Woods, Pine Creek PA Woods Biopod and the New PA Woods Biopod will all fight for supremacy to be considered the best Native Species enclosure of 2019. Instead of swarms of insects the animals will be representing their homes and will be battling one another for the right to be the best. The odds favorite to win is the Gray Army. It's a slight shock to be favored over the Western PA Woods Vivarium but these two will battle in 2019. Winner takes all and it will constantly push the enclosures to get better to see each enclosure have an opportunity to win. The PA Woods Community will vote on the battle and will conclude their winner. This will have more details later but get ready late summer early fall to see two heavyweights collide. The Western PA Woods Vivarium vs The New PA Woods Biopod.

Frog Week is an exclusive 7 day series featuring native species of frogs and toads. We will highlight 3 species and adventure to the PA Woods searching for these animals and describing whatever else we find that includes them. Two featured in Frog Week are America Toads and Gray Tree Frogs. The third amphibian is not going to be announced until a video in Frog Week. You'll see me going to the places where the tanks are inspired by and where the animals are from. It's going to be fun. That's the plan for the animals of the PA Woods Vivariums.

The New PA Woods Biopod will participate in some series with the PA Woods Vivariums but maintain the Independence their fans voted for.

Biopod Grand updates will be a big part of the hype around this build. The Gray Army will show off what their enclosure can do and how it holds up over time.

Guest appearances in the Swarms Battles this year. The Gray Army will be defending their setup from different insects and it will be even better then before. They are getting healthy and getting an enclosure that will allow for even better shots. Get ready to see if Bane can match the incredible hunting strategies that he showed us in 2018. We will see how the baby tree frogs will handle being in the spotlight.

Holiday Specials are made for the Gray Army! The Gray Tree Frogs will be returning to the holidays and will be facing off with the Dumpy Family and the new Skink Dynasty. This Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year we will see the Gray Army battle the exotics. In the early season they will be featured in their own videos. More info coming later on holiday videos.

PA Woods Battles are going to show us who the best is. This is the opinions of the PA Woods Community and whoever they think is the best will be crowned the champions. The Gray Army is facing familiar faces this year they will compete with the Wild Western PA Woods Vivarium. Ace vs Bane. Pious vs Christian. This will be key matchups. The community is going to decide on many variables who is the best! This year get ready for the heavyweight battle of the channel the Western PA Woods Vivarium vs The New PA Woods Biopod.

Frog Week is an exclusive week long documentary on the frogs and toads of the PA Woods! We will be featuring three species and searching for them in the woods as well as talking about their relationship to whatever we find that relates to them. We will be featuring American Toads, Gray Tree Frogs and one species to be revealed during Frog Week!

These are the series of the PA Woods Colonies. The three enclosures will be featured in these series. It's going to be an awesome 2019 everyone! Care articles are going to be a focus too!

Feeding Tips For Native Amphibians
    Northern Leopard Frog Care Sheet
    Hidden Care Sheet (wait for Frog Week)
    Mixed Species Care Sheet
    Introducing Insects into a vivarium
    American Toads Care Sheet (Part 2)
    Project PA Woods Vivarium
    Hidden Care Sheet wait for Frog Week
    Gray Tree Frogs Care Sheet (Part 2)

We will be furthering the knowledge of the Toads and Tree Frogs in part 2 of a care sheet. Project PA Woods Vivarium is going to document the weekly updates but will be published as a care article so you can just read the experiences week to week of the progress or failure of the enclosures. I'm looking forward to discussing how to introduce insects that aren't just Isopods and Springtails. We will talk about introducing Crickets and Earthworms and so on. I will finally give my experience and opinion of mixed species care and talk about some problems new hobbyists face and different things involved with the subject. I will make a care article of a frog that is notorious on my page even though I don't keep them anymore. They are still one of my favorite frogs ever. If my vet I had now was aroun when I had him I'd still have Spot. The Northern Leopard Frog will get a care sheet. They are beautiful and I can't wait to explain all the knowledge I have of them. In memory of Spot. He set the bar high for the expectations for animals in the PA Woods. I still get sad when I think of him and Toto the first toad. They were very special. There are others too but these are the biggest and best to discuss to get you excited for the year ahead!!

So with all that being written get ready for epic battles, beautiful enclosures being created, seeing Seasons inside enclosures, checkout where the animals of the PA Woods Vivariums are from and get ready to meet new faces.

What series are you most interested in?

What care article are you looking forward to reading?

What enclosure are you interested in seeing built and showcased?

Thanks

This is an update to remember...

The Gray Army will be mostly this update and a big reveal at the conclusion!

So to ease into this big update I will say that all the toads and gray tree frogs are doing great.

The lineage and the peers of Bane and Christian are in jeopardy. So I learned of what happened after Bane and Christian were captured and given to me. This might start out this update sad but it will get better! So the person who collected them said they would gather in his girlfriends pool to breed. Shortly after Bane and Christian were mine the family got rid of the pool and I heard they may have poisoned some of the frogs. When I heard of this I was happy that I got Bane and Christian so they weren't poisoned or forcefully suffering loss of their home and breeding area. So I have improvised a plan to reach out to the family and see if I can come collect the tree frogs. My hope is I will be able to catch as many as possible and we will relocate almost all of the tree frogs. I plan on keeping females so my guys can mate. I am considering keeping a group so maybe another male and having around 6-7 gray tree frogs from this situation and to hopefully breed and relocate this group of frogs. This will be a big feature on Frog Week if we can go in and get the tree frogs. This to me is special because I could be saving kin of Bane and Christian. I could be saving their parents and others associated with them. Let's hope I can get the opportunity to save the roots of my gray army!

Not only this but I finally got on recording one of the tree frogs calling and making the unknown noise. I say this because it sounds like a territory call not mating or distress. Soon I will upload to YouTube and ask what others think. I was also surprised to know that not just one of them do this but both Christian and Bane do this! I am very interested to know if these frogs are territorial?

Bane seems to be doing great and in less then 2 weeks he will be getting his stitches out and he will be dewormed. Once his bills are paid off we will begin treatment for Christian and get him reunited with Bane. So until then we will not have the Gray Army featured in any videos, but the Five Lined Dumpy Family will take this opportunity to introduce themselves. The Gray Army will reunite soon!

A Big Reveal
    So I am taking an environmental science class this semester and being in it 3 weeks I have come up with the greatest idea I've had for documenting my animals for YouTube. This will blow you away my professor was very very impressed. So as you know I said my big 3 series for the PA Woods Vivariums for the Toads. Swarms Battles was showing feeding, Perspective was individual stories and Season's which we didn't get to was about weather. I am saying now that all 3 of these are discontinued as on now. In their place we will be combining all 3 series into one. It will retain the name Seasons.

Seasons
    Imagine watching an enclosure go through environmental changes as the seasons change causing the plants, amphibians and insects to adapt in front of our very eyes. From Thunderstorms inducing breeding in the enclosure to droughts and fog. From intense battles with Praying Mantises and Dragonflies to learning the stories about the individual amphibians. These frogs and toads demonstrate the challenges of living in the wild in front of our very eyes!

Thunderstorms
    Droughts
    Fog
    Changing Temperature
    Changing Insects along with the seasons
    Attempted Breeding and Hibernation
    Praying Mantises
    Dragonflies
    Introducing insects into the ecosystem
    And More!

This is a hidden playlist on YouTube and the description of what is to come. I am not yet ready to reveal all the details but this series will feature 10-12 videos of Spring, Summer and Autumn. Winter will be combined with Autumn. We will have multiple videos that will feature the weather. So a thunderstorm in spring will be 2 episodes and so will a drought. One cool thing I found is that I can have different thunderstorms. I can make them more or less severe. We will not be able to show the spring this year in 2019 because the animals are not ready. But this will be also the goal for 2020. We will have some of the greatest observations for YouTube and this will be as epic and authentic as I can make it. 2 enclosures will be included in this series but not the Gray Army. They have other plans.

Freedom for the Gray Army!
    This past week on PA Woods Vivariums Facebook Page a vote was held that changed the PA Woods Vivariums Community as we know it. The Gray Army was voted to become a main feature and to be independent to be documented by themselves. This is a big deal because they have become the most popular currently on the channel. We will see how things pan out because the Gray Army will be facing 2 other enclosures this year. The upgraded 125 gallon which will have weather and potentially we will have them face the Five Lined Dumpy Family together. Yes both the Skink Dynasty and Dumpy Family. If the Gray Army were to win both they will have defeated the other two main features on my channel. That's very impressive to me!

Frog Week Update!
    I have reached out to various sources and I have some early sponsors and supporters!

Our Reptile Forum
    Macrocosmic Critters (Facebook Page)
    American Toad Enthusiast (Facebook Group)
    Frog Addicts Anonymous (Facebook Group)
    Josh's Frogs Pet Supplies

I am very fortunate to have these groups sponsor me and hopefully to pick up more along the way!

Frog week will feature native species American Toads, Gray Tree Frogs and an unidentified species currently. We will go through the state and adventure to find the featured animals, talk about where my pets are from and explain the relationship other frogs, insects and reptiles have to those featured. Also will be videos featuring my pets among other videos. It will be similar to Shark Week with the goal to get people to care about the Native Wildlife!

What do you think about the Series Seasons for the PA Woods Vivariums? Weather and backstory on the animals.

What is your opinion about the Gray Army? Saving their peers and them being independent for the channel?

Thanks

More news on the Gray Army and about some series for YouTube!

In my other post for the Five Lined Dumpy Family I said that the babies would join the exotics and they came from the south where the enclosure is designed from. With the departure of the babies which probably has some followers bummed out it is a great opportunity to talk about why this happened. I am making room in the all Gray Tree Frogs Biopod for more tree frogs from where Bane and the are from. Their peers and kin lost their breeding ground and some were killed so I am attempting to collect some to relocate and to keep some for breeding and replenishing their species. It is sad this happened to them but I feel since I was give some of the best Gray Tree Frogs this is now my problem and I am going to try to save these frogs. I have 2 locations I can relocate the frogs to. I will move them far away from the area if I can manage to get some. I will let you all know as time goes on if I can collect them. It's going to take a great deal of effort but I've already begun preparing for this.

The fate of Bane and Christians friends and family may be in my hands.

Bane is doing amazing and I'm excited to soon get Christian dewormed so the two can reunite. I can make videos of them again!

So for the Seasons Series for the Toads and maybe something else.

This is honestly shaping up to be the enclosure I have dreamed of building and displaying. Having such special toads and maybe something else that's special it is going to be so wonderful seeing them interact and to experience weather. I'm excited to introduce inverts and to have plants fill up the lands. It will be 1000% better then what you saw last time. I am stoked to show a thunderstorm and the conditions that these toads will go through. I am going to speak to the vet to see the insects that I have planned for the different seasons is okay and healthy for the toads. My favorite invert the Praying Mantis I get to showcase then and build a temporary enclosure for them and give some cool information about them and show them battling the toads. I respect the Praying Mantis and I am very excited to share them as well. Ace is actually growing and looks like she may get to a good size to take down a praying mantis. She may be the only hope for the Western PA Woods. Wellsboro is still the biggest toad. Wait until you see him battle a praying mantis. He's able to take down a much bigger mantis then Ace as of now. The Golden Toad vs the Praying Mantis. This has a good build up.

Ace and Wellsboro will be the alpha of their enclosures. They are super hunters meaning they consume more food then everyone else and out compete everyone else. Ace doesn't snap at other so when her mate Pious wants to eat she doesn't stop him. Wellsboro and Ace were in the same enclosure and I saw problems. Those two ate so much they caused everybody else to lose weight. This will be interesting when these two enclosures battle for your vote to see which PA Woods Vivarium is better. The rivalry between Ace and Wellsboro will be showcased and I think you will be very entertained.

Let's not forget the Gray Army will be involved in the mix as well. They may be independent but they still have ties to the native species. They will not face Wells in and his home this year because his home will be done in a year's time. The Gray Army will face the Wild West the Western PA Woods Vivarium this year. The Western PA Woods Vivarium may be my dream enclosure but I also always wanted to have a Gray Tree Frog enclosure. I loved them as long as the Toads so trust me I will be unbiased because a Biopod is something that helps put the Gray Tree Frogs over the top with all the advanced technology. It will be great to see two tandems collide. Ace and Pious vs Christian and Bane. They will be joined hopefully by others but these are the headlines right now.

Are you interested in seeing a thunderstorm and other weather inside an enclosure?

Does a battle between the Toads and Praying Mantises interest you?

What is your reaction to the Baby Cope's Gray Tree Frogs joining the Skink Dynasty and my pursuit of collecting the tree frogs where Bane and Christian were from?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast