Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,181

3 members and 3,178 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,825 Times in 11,844 Posts

Re: Evacuation/emergency plan for reptiles

Quote Originally Posted by Armiyana View Post
    I actually have something similar under them already for that same purpose
    We've been lucky enough where I am that the last few quakes have been light, worse that happened was a monitor on my desk fell over. I just hope that I don't have to test everything anytime soon.
    And I hope Jensfireflies doesn't need to put things to the test either!
    Great! I know they make something for use on shelves (like in campers) that prevents sliding...but I discovered it can damage many finishes on furniture & other
    materials. I don't recall the exact name of that product- it was a shelf-liner that's sorta spongy with holes in it. Anyway there's more than one product that will work.

I found out accidentally when I got a new tank that was still unoccupied, setting on a stand where I was working on it & we had a strong foreshock- that new tank
    slid about 5" -it didn't fall, but it sure got my attention for how easily it moved. That's when I figured out that weatherstripping would do what I needed & I did all
    my tanks immediately; a few months later it was tested with a really impressive earthquake, & all my snakes were fine.

I'd still take an earthquake over a huge wildfire...hope they get them controlled & out soon. But no matter where you live, there's always "something".
    Last edited by Bogertophis; 11-16-2018 at 02:01 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (11-16-2018)

Thanks

Re: Evacuation/emergency plan for reptiles

Thank you. The hill behind our house burned during last October's (2017) wildfires, but the firefighters were amazing! No structures burned near me. It's a scary time to live here. We desperately need rain.

I know that all areas of our country experience natural disasters, so I knew reaching out to this online community would give me lots of great suggestions and advice. Thank you so much to everyone for your comments! I appreciate every response! Hopefully my post encourages everyone to think about their emergency plans for their animals. Thanks again!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jensfireflies For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (11-17-2018)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12