Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,077

3 members and 3,074 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks

Recommended under tank heater for V332 cage?

Good evening,
    I have a fluker’s heat mat under the cage currently, but don’t think it’s heating as efficiently as another heat mat could. There is also a heat lamp on the same side of the tank (not directly over the hide with the heat mat, they’re a bit offset), so it’s not a major issue, just would like to know if there’s something a little more effective that someone can recommend? I know a lot of people on here use flexwatt, can I hook that up directly to my Jump Start thermostat I’m currently using?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Re: Recommended under tank heater for V332 cage?

I currently have 2 cages set up with Ultratherm heat pads purchased through Reptile Basics. I’m using them with the Reptile Basics pvc cages and a Herpstat 2 (redline). My ambient room temps this time of year are between 72-75F, so this is working fine for my corn snake. If I was using this for a bp, I’d use a RHP instead as that would boost ambient temps in the cage as well as provide a hot spot.

Thanks

Re: Recommended under tank heater for V332 cage?

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I currently have 2 cages set up with Ultratherm heat pads purchased through Reptile Basics. I’m using them with the Reptile Basics pvc cages and a Herpstat 2 (redline). My ambient room temps this time of year are between 72-75F, so this is working fine for my corn snake. If I was using this for a bp, I’d use a RHP instead as that would boost ambient temps in the cage as well as provide a hot spot.
    Thanks for the response! I looked into the RHP heaters. Unfortunately I’m not sure that’ll work well with my set-up because of the way this cage is built. The heat lamp protrudes into the tank leaving little space on the warm side for another top-oriented heat source. The temps in their cage are fine, just wanted more belly heat(:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Just to make you aware, with an RHP you wouldn't need the lamp or the UTH. I have a few BPs and a Corn in PVC enclosures with only RHPs. Ambient in my house is 65-68F, and I easily heat everyone adequately.
    Last edited by JRLongton; 11-15-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    \m/