Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 657

0 members and 657 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Feeding questions

I was in a similar position as you with my female but I have a feeling she wasn’t well started when I got her. Follow Deborah’s advice to a T and I highly recommend scenting pinkies with frog if you go the scenting route. My girl went from I think 9-10g to 6 and probably wouldn’t have made it another month. Now she’s around 140. I scented with frog for a few feedings, decreasing the scent with every feeding. I think she was on unscented after three or four feedings. Good luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cron14 View Post
    I was in a similar position as you with my female but I have a feeling she wasn’t well started when I got her. Follow Deborah’s advice to a T and I highly recommend scenting pinkies with frog if you go the scenting route. My girl went from I think 9-10g to 6 and probably wouldn’t have made it another month. Now she’s around 140. I scented with frog for a few feedings, decreasing the scent with every feeding. I think she was on unscented after three or four feedings. Good luck.
    Thank you ! Im definitely following Deborah's instructions

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    Possibly while Hognose are not prone to stress as adult such young animals how, switch things around wait a few days and see how it goes, usually getting females back on track is fairly easy or at least easier than males.
    Hi Deborah, she's still not eating (I'm going to order reptilinks this week) or should I try brumating her for 4 weeks? ( someone else suggested that at 50 degrees) the recent thing I tried is frog scenting the Pinky

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MinniesBuggies View Post
    Hi Deborah, she's still not eating (I'm going to order reptilinks this week) or should I try brumating her for 4 weeks? ( someone else suggested that at 50 degrees) the recent thing I tried is frog scenting the Pinky

So you got all your temps in order and downsize to a small 2.7 quarts tub right?

I would also keep those temps stable with no drop at night like suggested previously.

I would really try to get her to eat and offer reptilinks if every other scent has failed, brumating would be a very last resort to me because at that size it's a gamble really.
    Deborah Stewart

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

MinniesBuggies (12-03-2018)

Thanks

So you got all your temps in order and downsize to a small 2.7 quarts tub right?

I would also keep those temps stable with no drop at night like suggested previously.

I would really try to get her to eat and offer reptilinks if every other scent has failed, brumating would be a very last resort to me because at that size it's a gamble really.
    Yup, did all as you suggested. Her temps are stable, no drops.. been keeping her in the 2.7 q tub.. I'll def be getting the reptilinks then... Thank you , I'll keep ya posted!

Thanks

I'm tempted to drop a live African dwarf frog in her water bowl or another small amphibian.. what're your thoughts Deborah?

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MinniesBuggies View Post
    I'm tempted to drop a live African dwarf frog in her water bowl or another small amphibian.. what're your thoughts Deborah?

If you have access to toad and frogs first try scenting a pinky with one of then, you can either squeeze urine out or rub the pinky with it.
    Deborah Stewart

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

MinniesBuggies (12-07-2018)

Thanks

If you have access to toad and frogs first try scenting a pinky with one of then, you can either squeeze urine out or rub the pinky with it.
    I bought a frog and scented the pinky. She refused the pinky tho today ..

Thanks

Or do you think I can try putting a live African dwarf frog in her water bowl and a thawed Pinky and hope she eats the pinky,?

Thanks

Hi Deborah! So I actually ended up getting some live pinkies ... first day I left the pinky overnight, she didn't eat. Next day moved her to a pencil case (smaller than her container), poked some holes, put the pinky in, covered it so it's dark, all day, still no eating. Placed them back in her own container yesterday. Just checked, still has not eaten. I think at this point I may just take her to the vet. If she doesn't even take a live pinky .. will she even bother with reptilinks?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast