Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,403

1 members and 1,402 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Anyone here living with their Reticulated Python in Indiana? (Or know of anyone that

Hello all. I live with my Reticulated Python and other slithery friends in Indiana. We are starting to feel kinda lonely as we don’t know of anyone else in the state that lives with a snake like my Fluffy.
    If you’re in the area (we are actually in Indianapolis) and have a retic, or you’re even interested in possibly getting one, and would like to buddy up with a fellow retic owner, hit me up.

-C.

Sorry if this comes across as the saddest online dating profile ever... haha. I really just don’t have any other friends with a big snake(s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

Re: Anyone here living with their Reticulated Python in Indiana? (Or know of anyone t

Hello fellow Hoosier! I am up in NWI and don't have a retic (too big for me, ha) but the Midwest Reptile Show group on FB is pretty active. The show happens in Indy pretty frequently, maybe monthly or every other? Just thought I'd share since it might be a good way to meet other local owners.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WhompingWillow For This Useful Post:

callen727 (11-08-2018)

Thanks

Re: Anyone here living with their Reticulated Python in Indiana? (Or know of anyone t

Hey thanks for the info. I actually just went to the Midwest show last Sunday. Brought home a couple baby corn snakes. It’s actually a pretty decent show. Seemed like the majority of people I spoke to at the Midwest show were from OH. But Midwest is actually about three blocks away from where I live, so I expect I’ll continue going back.
    I brought my retic Fluffy home from the most recent Tinley show, which was AWESOME! If you haven’t gone to that, trust me it’s worth the drive!!
    Anyway, thanks for the info, much appreciated. Have a great one.

-C.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,237 Times in 501 Posts

I love Tinley. It's like Christmas.
    BALL PYTHONS: 1.0 Pied/Clark, 1.0 Pastel Vanilla Super Stripe/Sunny, 0.1 Dragon Fly/Buffy, 0.1 Pastel Vanilla Yellow Belly/Cher, 0.1 BEL (Mojave Lesser)/Arya, 0.0.1 Normal/Norm, 0.1 Cinnamon Enchi/Peaches, 1.0 Cinnamon Calico/Yoshi, 0.1 Pewter Het Dreamsicle/Ariel
    BOAS: 0.1 Dumeril's/Memphis, 0.1 BCL/Artemis, 1.0 BCO/Grimm, 0.1 Suriname BCC/Rhubarb
    CORN SNAKES: 0.0.1/Mushu
    MORELIA: 0.1 Bredli/Zelda, 0.1 Granite IJ/Bridget, 0.1 Caramel Diamond Jungle/Pixie

Thanks

Yes it is. I walked through the entrance into the actual showroom and the first thing i said to my buddy was “I want one of each!” He asked, “each of what?” And all I could say was “everything”. And I meant it! Haha

Thanks

I don't have any big snakes any more (and never a retic, the biggest I have was a six foot boa) but I'm considering it for the future. I definitely want to get another boa at some point, and have an interest in some of the dwarf species of Retic, though my husband would probably leave me if I get anything bigger than 10-12 feet, and that's pushing it lol

I live about an hour southeast of Indy now, though I used to live in Broad Ripple back from about 2006 to 2012 or so.

Thanks

Hi ladyw, awesome to hear from another Indiana person into snakes. I currently live in the broad ripple area, but work down in North Vernon. Is that close to you all? What snakes do you currently keep? How long have you been into snakes? I bet we could work on your husband and get him on board for a retic.

-C.

Thanks

Ha actually yes! I grew up in and currently live in Greensburg. My husband works at Cummins in Columbus. So yeah, very familiar with North Vernon lol

I've been keeping snakes of some kind since I started on here... I think 2005? I've had multiple BPs, a couple common BCI with the random bullsnake or milksnake mixed in. Also crested geckos, gargoyle geckos, leopard geckos, bearded dragons, a couple frogs and toads, and turtles... I've dabbled in a little bit of everything. My collections has been as big as 22 animals and as small as 1. I've recently done a lot of moving around and had to downsize quite a bit, but we just built a new house so I'm saving my pennies to get some nicer cages again and start building back up again.

I currently have one adult BP, one leopard gecko, and one bearded dragon. Next is going to be a boa of some sort (haven't decided yet) and a Tegu.

Thanks

Awesome! I’d like a boa of some type at some point. Of course, I also want a couple of all the rest. Heck, one day in the future I’d love to learn to work with venomous. Way way in the future.

Thanks
    A Retic named Fluffy eh? Haha I love it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Helonwheelz383 For This Useful Post:

callen727 (11-14-2018)