Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,835

0 members and 2,835 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

TC Reptile - Locale Boa Breeder

I recently bought a Venezuelan True Red Tail Boa (BCC) from TC Reptile. His name is Feliz and he is a "dwarf" BCC.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...Dwarf-quot-BCC

Tommy Carpenter Owns TC Reptile and is the breeder. He specializes in locale boas and dwarf species, but does breed locale BCC's that are not dwarf.

I had a wonderful experience with Tommy. I couldn't be happier with him, the experience overall, or with Feliz.

I had called Tommy because I was looking to add another snake, but didn't want something huge (4X2' tank was the biggest I could go), and I love my BCI Behira. So, I thought of a Dwarf Boa.

Phillydubs on here, a buddy of mine, recommended I get in touch with him as he had many dwarf species. I emailed him and Vin Russo. Tommy got back to me and said he was super busy, but would get in touch soon. Vin got back to me and said, if you want a BCI personality, do not get a dwarf boa. There are exceptions, but in general, they are much more active and tend to be more unpredictable and defensive. I immediately switched gears and ended up buying an Albino Carpet Python (50% Irian Jaya and 50% Darwin), Yafe. Vin's comments were consistent with other people I have spoken to about Dwarf Boa species as well.

Soon after getting Yafe, Tommy called me (he apologized for the delay and I told him that I didn't say it was urgent, or I would have bugged him). I told him that I had gotten an Albino Carpet and what I had heard and Vin said about Dwarf Boas. He tended to agree, but also said there were exceptions in a few species, as well as individuals. I told him I appreciated him getting back to me, but that I was happy with Yafe, and wasn't sure I was looking to add at the movement.

We ended up talking for a while. He told me about some of his projects and how he loves locality boas and how rare some of his projects are. I ended up telling him about my collection. As usual, I was raving about Behira and what a great snake she is and how great her personality is. Tommy said that the calmest, and one of the most beautiful Boas he's seen and breeds are the Venezuelan True Red Tails. He explained they stay small compared to most other locality BCC's and that they are puppy dogs. His girlfriend helps him with the collection from time to time and she does not like nippy boas. She handles the Venezuelan BCC's from birth.

I tell him I am curious and does he have any left. I said I would look. He says he has one he is willing to sell that was a holdback from 2017. I am more intrigued.

Long story short, he sends me pictures, Katie and I love his look, and are very interested not only because of his beauty, but because of his smaller adult size.

He arrived this past Tuesday. He's incredible. Calm, docile, and amazingly beautiful. Frankly, he is stunning. As nature intended is pretty good here.

Tommy was knowledgeable, helpful, not pushy, and has offered to be available long-term for answering questions and also wants to see him grow. He also has some incredible and incredibly rare Boas that he breeds.

I highly recommend Tommy and TC Reptile.

Overall Rating: 10/10

Links

http://tcreptile.com

https://www.facebook.com/TCReptile/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

EL-Ziggy (11-08-2018),JRLongton (11-08-2018)