Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,863

0 members and 2,863 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Karma or karma yb?

Hello all. I have two kids of leucist. Father super phantom yellow belly,mother of lesser. One kid has a yellow strip on a back.At the second she is not present. Is it possible exactly to say that someone from them has a gene of yellow belly or no?

Thanks

Re: Karma or karma yb?

I’m not super good at I’d morphs but I’d say with out knowing for sure what genes the parents have. It would be a just best guess you could always breed the parents out in question to normals and see what you get that is a good way to see what all genes are in a animal. Cause the genes that will appear are only normal and what genes in the mystery snake will show out in the babies. If the are co dom. If you get yellow belly babies then you know the parent in question has yellow belly gene in it. This is probably best done with mystery males cause then you are not wasting an entire season. You can still breed said male to other females . Sorry if this doesn’t make since I’m running on very little sleep. Hope this helps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,909 Times in 840 Posts
    You may be able to get a bit of a better idea if you run a blacklight over them in a dark room.
    There may be a subtle pattern difference noticeable between them that can help some try and identify it, but breeding it out is the only way to be sure with some of these white snakes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Armiyana View Post
    You may be able to get a bit of a better idea if you run a blacklight over them in a dark room.There may be a subtle pattern difference noticeable between them that can help some try and identify it, but breeding it out is the only way to be sure with some of these white snakes.
    One of them has vertical dark stripes, the other has no

Thanks

BPnet Senior Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,909 Times in 840 Posts
    I would think that the one with the stripes there is the Karma 2.0. This is the all white snake?
    I've seen a couple of the Lesser/Phantom/Yellowbellys online with the yellow stripe.

Again, the only way to be 100% positive would be to breed them. Otherwise if you're planning to sell, you may have to list them as phantom/lesser/possible YB.
    I'm hoping someone more familiar with the genes can pop up and give an answer, but I would think the one with the yellow stripe may also have Yellowbelly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandr_Nazimov View Post
    Yes, this one does not have a yellow stripe.