Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,015

3 members and 2,012 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    BPnet Senior Member CloudtheBoa's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 620 Posts

2023 Nymeria Litter

(As a disclaimer, I’m currently working on making pics decent for my other threads - I’ve been in the middle of a move for over a month and haven’t had access to my laptop. )

For my second litter, I paired Crona (anery motley 66% het Kahl) x Nymeria (sunglow 66% het anery). Sadly, Crona did not prove in this litter, so I may consider selling him to free up his spot for a different anery motley 100% het Kahl. With or without additional genes. I do think Nymeria proved out, though, but with this being my first litter with aneries, I will have to see how they look after a couple sheds.

Between the stress of moving, and waiting on Nymeria to give birth, I was going to have a heart attack. She was 3.5 weeks overdue based off the shed she had. But we’re finally settled in, and she finally dropped.

She surprised me with a big litter, too. She’s only 5.5’, and gave me either 17 or 18. I couldn’t keep the count straight. Lmao 3 slugs, 0 stills. And she’s not looking bad for going 180+ days without food and raising a big litter. I’m really proud of her. Now just got to get her to eat. Will be rewashing her cage jic that’s putting her off, and thawing out a hopefully more tantalizing rat vs rabbit.

Phone camera pics:

Vs DSLR pics, that hopefully better show if any are anery to those more experienced eyes:

Possible ghost:

Possible anery motley (excuse the foggy lens):

Possible anery and anery mot:

A nice hypo motley, high on the holdback list:

I was also surprised by these two hypos, they seem really colorful and the one is almost brickish in color (foggy lens again ):

Obviously post shed pics to come as they shed out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    1.4 Boa imperator; unnamed '22 hbs
    3.3 Plains garter snakes
    1.2 checkered garter snakes (unnamed)

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")
    1.0 garter snake ('13 albino checkered "Draco")
    1.0 eastern garter ('13 "Demigod)
    0.0.1 ball python ('06 "Bud")

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-08-2023),Gio (04-10-2023),Homebody (04-08-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,176 Posts

Re: 2023 Nymeria Litter

Quote Originally Posted by CloudtheBoa View Post
    That's a helluva plate of pasta. Mercy! Did it come with breadsticks and a salad?
    Last edited by Homebody; 04-08-2023 at 07:04 AM.
    1.0 Normal Children's Python (2022 - present)
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (2019 - 2021)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Homebody For This Useful Post:

Ailuros (08-08-2023),CloudtheBoa (04-09-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,794 Times in 11,828 Posts

.....Between the stress of moving, and waiting on Nymeria to give birth, I was going to have a heart attack. She was 3.5 weeks overdue based off the shed she had. But we’re finally settled in, and she finally dropped.

She surprised me with a big litter, too. She’s only 5.5’, and gave me either 17 or 18. I couldn’t keep the count straight. Lmao 3 slugs, 0 stills. And she’s not looking bad for going 180+ days without food and raising a big litter. I’m really proud of her. Now just got to get her to eat. Will be rewashing her cage jic that’s putting her off, and thawing out a hopefully more tantalizing rat vs rabbit.....
    Wow, quite the ordeal- but what a beautiful litter, & obviously you're still "vertical"- Awesome!
    Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
    Eric Hoffer (1902 - 1983)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (04-09-2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Homebody View Post
    That's a helluva plate of pasta. Mercy! Did it come with breadsticks and a salad?
    Nope just the jelly rolls. I was hoping with her size she’d have a smaller litter but I’m still really happy with them. She’ll be paired again in 2024 or 2025. Either with a new male I pick up, or the 2022 RC hypo jungle het Kahl I got last year (and have yet to post, whoops). I also have Howl, but without knowing any hets he’s pretty far down the list in favor of making albinos.

8.3 Boa imperator ('15 sunglow "Nymeria," '11 normal "Cloud," '16 anery motley "Crona," '10 ghost "Howl," '08 jungle "Dominika," '22 RC pastel hypo jungle "Aleister," '22 pastel normal "Gengar," '22 orangasm hypo "Daemon," '22 poss jungle "Jinzo," '22 poss jungle "Calcifer," '22 motley "Guin")
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~
    2.2 Brazilian rainbow boa ('15 Picasso stripe BRBs "Guin" and "Morzan, and '15 hypo "Homura", '14 normal "Sanji")

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Homebody (04-10-2023)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Wow, quite the ordeal- but what a beautiful litter, & obviously you're still "vertical"- Awesome!
    And I can sleep better at night knowing they were all alive and appear to not be deformed or anything. Thanks! Eagerly awaiting sheds. I changed their bedding and final count is 17!

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (04-09-2023)

Thanks

Finally managed to find this thread, and before I made a new one. Most of the babies have been sold, just 2 remain from the ones I’ve had available, plus 1 that is stuck on live, and one that had a regurge. Sadly none ended up anery, but I am pleasantly surprised by some of the coloring present! They are finally moving onto hoppers…hopefully. I tried to bump them a little too soon and they didn’t take kindly to it, but been bumping a gram at a time so hopefully the small hoppers are a hit this time. They are so unbelievably tiny, it’s like having baby garters. At 4 months old, the biggest are almost the size of Dominika’s newborns.

Here’s the holdbacks, at least hbs for now.

My favorite, a female hypo motley. Super bold, contrasted colors, makes the striped tail less noticeable.

The only other hypo motley I got in the litter, this one is a male. The female takes much of my appreciation, but he may end up winning me over. Lol

This one is a normal female. One of the darker but colorful normals in the litter, I was advised she would be a good candidate for nice snows, and she’s definitely one of my favorites as far as normals.

This one is a normal male who had me SWEARING UP AND DOWN was an anery, but that tail is unmistakably normal. He has that really nice pale, contrasty look of a nice anery, though, so keeping him around for now.

This one is a hypo female. The biggest of the litter, with some really interesting fades to her saddles that have me intrigued to watch her develop.

A hypo boy who is second in color to his top hb sister. Once he finally has a second shed, should start showing some color gains. I already have so many males, so not sure if he’ll be staying or not.

Top spot girl. She’s lagging behind her littermates and looking kinda thin and wrinkly. So she may end up ftt, but in the meantime I’m getting her bigger meals, keeping a closer eye on her hydration, and switching to paper towel. Hopefully this is a hitch we can look back on.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Ailuros (08-08-2023),Bogertophis (08-08-2023),Gio (08-09-2023)

Thanks

2023 Nymeria Litter

The little hypo girl that’s my favorite had a bit of a hitch in her development, I have been feeding her every week vs the 2 weeks of the others, and meals on the bigger end of the scale. Making sure she poops after every meal, and switched to paper towel. She’s currently in shed and slowly gaining weight. Older pic, so once she sheds, updates are to come!

The others are all now on hopper mice full time and I’m finally having second sheds beginning.

Female hypo motley that almost looks jungly. Definitely of my favorites of the litter, next to the hypo girl above.

Hypo girl, she’s currently the biggest and chonkiest of the litter.

Hypo male. Second best color of the hypos, and only a possible holdback atm.

Male hypo motley.

Male normal, who’s so pale and creamy he almost looks visual anery. His saddles even have an anery look. But that tail has unmistakable reds in it.

Female normal. A darker but more complex colored normal. Lots of pinks interspersed in there.

Last edited by CloudtheBoa; 09-15-2023 at 07:12 AM.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (09-15-2023),dakski (09-15-2023),Homebody (09-15-2023)

Thanks

Finally some second sheds!!!

This girl is a non-holdback, she has such pale pinks she reminds me of cherry blossoms. She was extremely wriggly and refused to stay still, trying to crawl right off my arm. So she got the cupped hand treatment until she stopped moving.

This hb guy is outstanding quality, he’s closely tied to his hypo sister that I’m also keeping.

Said sister. Where her brother has more solid, deep color, she has extreme contrast between her sides and back. She also has the attitude to match those sides.

This normal hb boy also shed. He didn’t lose any of that anery-ish creaminess.

3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CloudtheBoa For This Useful Post:

Ailuros (09-28-2023),Bogertophis (09-27-2023),dakski (09-27-2023),Gio (09-27-2023),Homebody (09-27-2023),Trinityblood (10-01-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Finally some second sheds!!!

This girl is a non-holdback, she has such pale pinks she reminds me of cherry blossoms. She was extremely wriggly and refused to stay still, trying to crawl right off my arm. So she got the cupped hand treatment until she stopped moving.

This hb guy is outstanding quality, he’s closely tied to his hypo sister that I’m also keeping.

Said sister. Where her brother has more solid, deep color, she has extreme contrast between her sides and back. She also has the attitude to match those sides.

This normal hb boy also shed. He didn’t lose any of that anery-ish creaminess.

Clean and beautiful.

I like what you have been doing with your boas over the years.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

CloudtheBoa (10-01-2023)

Thanks

2023 Nymeria Litter

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Clean and beautiful.

I like what you have been doing with your boas over the years.
    Thanks. I’m definitely leaning heavily into the pastels now, it’s amazing just how common they’ve become over the past few years. I used to not really see them much, as a person without connections. This litter isn’t pastel based, but I am doing selections that could compliment any crosses with pastels.

Last edited by CloudtheBoa; 10-01-2023 at 09:37 AM.
    3.3 Plains garter snakes

~RIP~