Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 591

1 members and 590 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chewy.com

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Chewy.com

Hey all, I just figured I'd share this with you.

I just recently heard about Chewy.com and decided to do some price comparison. Well, literally EVERYTHING I typically buy was cheaper on Chewy than anywhere else I've shopped (though I'm admittedly new to online shopping).

So, I decided to place an order. I ordered a 35 pound bag of ferret food for $60 (10 bucks cheaper than previous online source) and a tub of fish food for $8 (10 bucks cheaper than Petco/Petsmart for the same size!).
    I looked around a bit more, but that was all I needed right now.

All orders over $50 ship free with 1 or 2 day delivery. I ordered Tues afternoon (3 o'clock-ish my time) and the order shipped early that evening. Long story short, it arrived yesterday afternoon, roughly 24 hours after I placed the order!!!

The order was packaged perfectly and I am VERY happy. I will 10000000% be using Chewy again in the near future.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-01-2018),Cinnamon Peroxide (11-03-2018),EL-Ziggy (11-01-2018),hilabeans (11-01-2018),Jakethesnake69 (11-01-2018),JRLongton (11-01-2018),Kira (11-01-2018),pretends2bnormal (11-01-2018),tttaylorrr (11-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Re: Chewy.com

Chewy is a fantastic site!

In addition to all that great pricing, you get a 5% discount on many things if you set up an auto ship AND it gives you the ability to delay, postpone, and delete the auto ship any time you want and change the contents of the order any time until the day it ships. (So it is possible to turn it off after only 1 shipment or extend it months between if you need longer periods)

Default auto ship lengths are like 4 weeks thru 11 weeks, if I remember correctly.

Only downside I've seen is that they don't have much in the way of hides/decor for snakes beyond your typical petsmart/Petco selections and they don't currently carry the reptile prime bedding (although Amazon has it for prime shipping now at the same price as manufacturer's website last I looked).

Chewy is great if you have a dog/dogs and need their food regularly and you can just add on other stuff as needed/desired.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-01-2018)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    Chewy is a fantastic site!

In addition to all that great pricing, you get a 5% discount on many things if you set up an auto ship AND it gives you the ability to delay, postpone, and delete the auto ship any time you want and change the contents of the order any time until the day it ships. (So it is possible to turn it off after only 1 shipment or extend it months between if you need longer periods)

Default auto ship lengths are like 4 weeks thru 11 weeks, if I remember correctly.

Only downside I've seen is that they don't have much in the way of hides/decor for snakes beyond your typical petsmart/Petco selections and they don't currently carry the reptile prime bedding (although Amazon has it for prime shipping now at the same price as manufacturer's website last I looked).

Chewy is great if you have a dog/dogs and need their food regularly and you can just add on other stuff as needed/desired.

I considered the auto ship option for the ferret and fish food, but that 35 pound bag lasts me longer than 4 months. I'll probably buy the 6.5 pound tub of fish food next time too, as well as cat food.

You're right though, not the widest selection for reptiles, but great for our furry and aquatic friends.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

pretends2bnormal (11-01-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    I considered the auto ship option for the ferret and fish food, but that 35 pound bag lasts me longer than 4 months. I'll probably buy the 6.5 pound tub of fish food next time too, as well as cat food.

You're right though, not the widest selection for reptiles, but great for our furry and aquatic friends.
    I find that I can make the autoship work since it emails you as it approaches, within a week before it would ship, and gives you enough time to change contents or delay it by up to another 2-3 months if needed. My dog food orders are inconsistent since my dog runs through food at varying rates by brand and I'm bad at estimating how long we need.

Even without that extra discount, they do have some of the best prices for most pet stuff.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-01-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I haven't ordered from them, usually work with Dr's Foster& Smith for the birds and fish, but did notice Chewy had good prices on substrates. Been burned on Amazon pricing before, so I go there LAST for pet supplies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by distaff View Post
    I haven't ordered from them, usually work with Dr's Foster& Smith for the birds and fish, but did notice Chewy had good prices on substrates. Been burned on Amazon pricing before, so I go there LAST for pet supplies.
    I never buy from Amazon blindly since their prices are variable. It is a pro and a con, since sometimes things are cheaper than usual too. (Last week I think I saw jumpstart thermostats for $31 instead of the usual $35-36)

If there's simething you don't need immediately and want a deal on, you can set up an alert on camelcamelcamel.com to alert you if a listing goes below a certain price on Amazon. It just sends you an email to let you know. I've found that useful in the past, especially approaching Christmas like we are now.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (11-01-2018),distaff (11-01-2018)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Just an FYI Incase you aren’t aware, PetSmart owns Chewy.com, so you can price match in store (with any websites price online, so long as it’s the exact same item) and they also have the auto shipping discounts. I’m an instant gratification type of person, I hate waiting for deliveries haha. I was working for PetSmart at the time of the buyout and customers would complain about prices and go out of their way to tell me how they would just shop at Chewy instead. I never understood that thinking though, it’s like cmon you’ve got to understand that I myself don’t create the prices and you’re literally still spending your money here, just at a retail mark up instead of a ridiculous retail mark up.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

Armiyana (11-14-2018),Bogertophis (11-01-2018),Craiga 01453 (11-01-2018),pretends2bnormal (11-01-2018),tttaylorrr (11-01-2018)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dxw425 View Post
    Just an FYI Incase you aren’t aware, PetSmart owns Chewy.com, so you can price match in store (with any websites price online, so long as it’s the exact same item) and they also have the auto shipping discounts. I’m an instant gratification type of person, I hate waiting for deliveries haha. I was working for PetSmart at the time of the buyout and customers would complain about prices and go out of their way to tell me how they would just shop at Chewy instead. I never understood that thinking though, it’s like cmon you’ve got to understand that I myself don’t create the prices and you’re literally still spending your money here, just at a retail mark up instead of a ridiculous retail mark up.
    I did not know that. Thanks for the info.
    I am definitely an instant gratification person too. Probably why I waited so long to jump on the online shopping train, hahahha.
    But waiting 2 days I can handle. And not having to get out of my recliner and carry a 35 lb bag of food around doesn't suck eirher. Hahahahaha.

Oh, and saving money is nice too...
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 11-01-2018 at 11:08 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (11-01-2018),Dxw425 (11-01-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dxw425 View Post
    I kind of remember knowing one of the 2 big chain stores owns them, but I didn't know about the price matching. Thanks!

Though I agree with Craig... way nicer to just have a 30lb bag of dog food delivered than to carry it around the store and loading to/from the car.

As much (deserved) hate as they get re: live animal sales (not the dog/cat adoptions), they are still good to have around for all the dry goods we need, especially when there isn't time for shipping.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It's a great company with an amazing customer service, been getting my dog RX food there for 2 years now, among other things.
    Deborah Stewart

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast