Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,845

1 members and 2,844 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

I'm not ready for Fall ...

Everyone is all excited for Fall. Sweater weather, pumpkin spice. Whatever. Mudpuddles. Cold wind. Rain and gray skies. Whats there to love ...

I want summer back. But I want a BEAUTIFUL summer. Not that hot, steamy, rainy, turkish steam bath mess we usually have for summer. Why can't there be more gloriously hot but dry days with a light breeze and slightly cooler evenings. Minus the bugs. Blue, blue sky. Clear.

This year has been horrible for weather, starting with Tornadoes in February, rain EVERY SINGLE DAY in summer plus godawful heat, and the Hurricane like a cherry on top.

Just a few really nice days. I want more of them...

This was a one of those rare, beautiful days. That actually makes it fun to be out at the barn..

my girl and the sunset

Tomorrow is one more beautiful day, and then comes severe weather and a cold front ..

Any other summer (pretty summer) fans?
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-30-2018),dakski (10-30-2018),Dianne (10-31-2018),hilabeans (10-31-2018),richardhind1972 (10-31-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: I'm not ready for Fall ...

Fall? What's this fall you speak of?

It was 90F during the day and 70F at night here in CT.........................and then 45F and 30F respectively, practically overnight.

The sports car is in storage, the heat is on, and I am waiting for snow. As far as I am concerned, it's winter already!

Bah humbug!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-30-2018),Craiga 01453 (10-31-2018),richardhind1972 (10-31-2018),zina10 (10-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,739 Times in 11,797 Posts
    YES, I agree! Admittedly, I have fewer complaints about the summer here: stifling humid heat is a given here too, but we had no tornadoes & no chance of
    hurricane issues, & this year there were fewer thunderstorms so getting kicked out of the pool (for safety) wasn't even an issue this season. Swimming is how
    I cope with summer, btw. Mere rain doesn't spoil my laps...I love to swim in the pouring rain, plus there's almost no one else in our town pool when it rains.
    I'll never understand that, it's not as if you can get any wetter? I love to watch the rain drops hitting the water...it's mesmerizing. It's also fun to "torture" the
    lifeguards...they put on sweatshirts & ponchos & complain that it's cold??? (that's because they're just sitting there, I guess)

Today was a weird "fall" day here...too warm! I raked & mulched leaves all day, big thrill. Not the first time, & sure won't be the last...too many huge trees in
    my yard, plus neighbors have trees that share. Nope, not a fall-fan either. Hate being a slave to my yard, but I do love the shade my trees provide all
    summer...if only they weren't so messy!

Beautiful hoss, by the way...gotta love those "perfect" days!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (10-31-2018),zina10 (10-30-2018)

Account Disabled
    Thanks
    The rain starts tomorrow and won’t stop until after July 4th now. The PNW can be such a drag but when it’s nice it’s nice. Adios summer.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jakethesnake69 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-30-2018),zina10 (10-31-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,606 Times in 907 Posts

Add another summer fan. We had loads of rain this year. The only plus side to that was the nightly frog chorus. I’ve had more types of frog song and little hoppers in the yard than the previous 6 years I’ve lived here. I’m hunkering down and waiting for those few warm fall days before winter sets in. Winter equals extra layers, lots of reading, and waiting for spring to arrive. Virginia isn’t near as cold as some areas, so I shouldn’t complain...but I’d prefer it stayed 60F or more.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-31-2018),richardhind1972 (10-31-2018),zina10 (10-31-2018)

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Another summer fan too
    I’m sure I was born on the wrong continent, love the warmth
    The clocks changed last weekend so now I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark, the only good thing is Christmas.
    We had one of the best summers in years in the U.K., was great to be able to sit and eat your tea outside nearly every night this year, not dark till nearly 10pm it’s so great. I had defrost my car the last few mornings because of the frost and we already had frost for a few mornings last week , we don’t normally get it this cold till November, looks like it’s gonna be a long one
    Roll on spring

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to richardhind1972 For This Useful Post:

Team Slytherin (10-31-2018),zina10 (10-31-2018)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    I'll happily welcome fall, especially in New England. The problem is, fall is almost non-existent the last bunch of years. We go from summer to winter in almost the blink of an eye...and don't get me started on winter. Ggggrrrrr!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

zina10 (10-31-2018)

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Your profile says you live in the Southeast. If so, fall is like most other peoples' summer. It's not remotely cold yet Even in winter you can wear shorts some days.
    - Mason

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

zina10 (10-31-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MasonC2K View Post
    Your profile says you live in the Southeast. If so, fall is like most other peoples' summer. It's not remotely cold yet Even in winter you can wear shorts some days.
    Yup, normally so.

However, this year has been terrible. Our summers are always way to hot and wet, but this year was ridiculous. Rain and storms every single day. On top of crazy heat. That started way early, so we didn't even get a nice springs. We already had our first tornado sirens in February !!

Then our Fall. It went from crazy hot/wet, to a couple of pleasant days, and then came Hurricane Micheal. We were lucky, but even 10 minutes from here there is quite some damage, not to talk about the terrible damage only an hour from here.
    Then...cold, windy, wet. Where is our pleasant fall ?

Ok, a couple more beautiful days, like right now. Tomorrow...severe weather, then cold again. Maybe not cold like the cold other states get. But cold enough.

I want a nice hot (without crazy hot) DRY and pleasant summer. Blue skies, no rain and storms and steam every day. With a nice breeze, cooler evenings and just ...nice. Like we usually get in fall.
    Zina

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by richardhind1972 View Post
    Another summer fan too
    I’m sure I was born on the wrong continent, love the warmth
    The clocks changed last weekend so now I go to work in the dark and come home in the dark, the only good thing is Christmas.
    We had one of the best summers in years in the U.K., was great to be able to sit and eat your tea outside nearly every night this year, not dark till nearly 10pm it’s so great. I had defrost my car the last few mornings because of the frost and we already had frost for a few mornings last week , we don’t normally get it this cold till November, looks like it’s gonna be a long one
    Roll on spring

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    I'm German and I couldn't believe the kind of weather you had over there in your neck of the woods !!! You have had it hotter then we did. Plus dry. To dry, though, at least in Germany. The animals were really suffering and the rivers are way low.

I sure miss having daylight until late, that was always so cool. You could take a walk at 10 pm and it was still light out.

You all deserved a beautiful summer, though, you get enough dreary weather.

Well, at least you have Tea with scones and clotted cream. And proper Fish and chips. When I lived in Savannah we had 2 Tea Shops that would serve a proper Tea, but now, here in lower Alabama, no such luck!
    Zina

19. The Following User Says Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

richardhind1972 (10-31-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast