Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,304

1 members and 3,303 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Sensor Push - Temp and Humidity Monitoring: Review

On Zina10's recommendation, I looked into a reptile temperature and humidity monitoring system.

I first, looked at Reptile Guardian, but ultimately took Zina10's recommendation, and went with Sensor Push. I could not be happier.

http://www.sensorpush.com.

I ended up getting sensor push for all of our tanks. It's awesome!

The only tank I do not have it in yet is Yafe's tank. I am avoiding putting it in the quarantine tank and will install in his new 4X2X1.5' Arboreal Boaphile when it comes in a few weeks.

I also got the wifi gateway, so I can monitor them from anywhere.

I put all the sensors on the hot side, but had to calibrate myself to understand that because of placement, and different placement in a few tanks, the readings are air temps and can differ cage to cage and are different than ground temps!

For example, Shayna's temp averages 83F on the sensor, but that equates to 89F on her hot spot on the ground. Behira also average about 83F, but that equates to about 86F on her hot spot.

So, what I look for is consistency in the temps.

Each Sensor Push Sensor is about $50. It connect bluetooth to any phone in your home and you can monitor temps and humidity with a great, and free for life, app. The sensors run on batteries that last 1-2 years, and are $1 a piece on Amazon to replace.

I got 9 sensors (9 tanks in total) and one WIFI Gateway. The Wifi gateway allows unlimited sensors to be connected and with it, you can view your tank temps and humidity from anywhere in the world. Gives me huge piece of mind.

https://www.amazon.com/SensorPush-Wireless-Thermometer-Hygrometer-Android/dp/B01AEQ9X9I/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1540138593&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=sensorpush+smart+sensor&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/SensorPush-G1...E3JQCXX67J7MX5

I have a few pictures of the app below. Note: you can look hourly, daily, weekly, or monthly at data and can export to excel as well.

As you can see on Behira's data, all my thermostats are redundant on/off thermostats. You can see the temps rising and dropping 1-2F every 15-20 minutes or so. This equates to about 1F on the ground as their is heat tape below the sensor and RHP.

Please feel free to ask any questions, or PM me anytime. I could not be happier with this product.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Hmmm, this is interesting.

Expensive to outfit all my cages though.... damn.
    Too Many...

That's what my wife says

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts

Re: Sensor Push - Temp and Humidity Monitoring: Review

Well..didn't you go all out I love my sensor push. It's great for all cages but esp. if you have to monitor a cage that needs daily spikes and lows of humidity and Temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry