Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,166

0 members and 1,166 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,018 Times in 1,743 Posts

identify these hatchlings?

Another thread reminded me so I thought I'd ask again

Can anyone familiar with morphs identify these two mystery babies, the ones that look kind of like mystic potions?

The breeding was my super lesser male (supposedly) and a lesser female who is clearly just a lesser. (actually a "butter"... but same thing).

The BEL's in the clutch surprisingly also aren't bug-eyed.

Last edited by redshepherd; 10-20-2018 at 09:47 PM.

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

Re: identify these hatchlings?

Hard to tell from the current pics. Need better contrast to determine color.
    *.* TNTC

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redshepherd View Post
    Another thread reminded me so I thought I'd ask again

Can anyone familiar with morphs identify these two mystery babies, the ones that look kind of like mystic potions?

The breeding was my super lesser male (supposedly) and a lesser female who is clearly just a lesser. (actually a "butter"... but same thing).

The BEL's in the clutch surprisingly also aren't bug-eyed.

Wow !!

So many stunners in one batch !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (10-21-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    Hard to tell from the current pics. Need better contrast to determine color.
    Unfortunately these are the only pics I have from the person who owned her when she laid this clutch.

BPnet Senior Member Lord Sorril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,197 Times in 1,091 Posts

They remind me of my Soul Sucker hatchlings (Lesser/HGW), but, without better pics I couldn't say.
    *.* TNTC

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Sorril For This Useful Post:

redshepherd (10-21-2018)

Thanks
    My guess is the sire is a lesser mystic and dam a mojave. These really look like mystic potions to me. The sire would still be a BEL this way so a reasonable assumption. Perhaps the dam was a really light minimal Cheerio mojave.
    Last edited by Ladybugzcrunch; 10-21-2018 at 08:50 PM.
    Nothing

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladybugzcrunch For This Useful Post:

Ronniex2 (10-22-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybugzcrunch View Post
    My guess is the sire is a lesser mystic and dam a mojave. These really look like mystic potions to me. The sire would still be a BEL this way so a reasonable assumption. Perhaps the dam was a really light minimal Cheerio mojave.
    No, I bred this clutch haha. The sire is my male, a super lesser (with additional genes that I'm trying to guess here) and the mother was my lesser.

Here's the mom

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sorril View Post
    They remind me of my Soul Sucker hatchlings (Lesser/HGW), but, without better pics I couldn't say.
    This is a good guess though, thanks! They do indeed look like soul suckers, and that breeding would produce these morphs. It's the best lead I have so far at least haha
    Last edited by redshepherd; 10-21-2018 at 09:12 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (10-21-2018),Ronniex2 (10-22-2018)

Thanks
    So quick question on ya female, she is adorable, all uncomfortable af with her prego self lol, but she has that lovely greenish-(yellowish) blushing on her sides... is this a common contrast with Lesser? You said she was "just lesser", so do you believe she may have something else in her and this is what’s throwing you off? is this her 1st clutch? maybe its him, its always "his" fault lol..

I ask outta curiosity, only because my Mojave girl has the similar contrast on her sides, I think its soo awesome, I can’t stop looking at her sides when I have her out. Seeing green in nature is just always refreshing, also I been looking at a white snake for over 2 yrs now so besides looking at paint jobs online all day, and going home to a blank canvas (Spell) I am so interested in what she has going on … so idk maybe you could help me understand this lil better.
    beautiful clutch, can’t wait to see some updates on theses guys

BPnet Senior Member Hannahshissyfix's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 619 Posts

Have you sired clutches with that male before? Does he have red pupils? Id be more inclined to guess he's a lesser/other BEL complex animal and that's why some are white super lessers and others mmore like passions/potions. I don't think you'll ever know for sure by appearance without more breeding from dad and the offspring since some BEL combos are so polymorphic. Great clutch though!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniex2 View Post
    So quick question on ya female, she is adorable, all uncomfortable af with her prego self lol, but she has that lovely greenish-(yellowish) blushing on her sides... is this a common contrast with Lesser? You said she was "just lesser", so do you believe she may have something else in her and this is what’s throwing you off? is this her 1st clutch? maybe its him, its always "his" fault lol..

I ask outta curiosity, only because my Mojave girl has the similar contrast on her sides, I think its soo awesome, I can’t stop looking at her sides when I have her out. Seeing green in nature is just always refreshing, also I been looking at a white snake for over 2 yrs now so besides looking at paint jobs online all day, and going home to a blank canvas (Spell) I am so interested in what she has going on … so idk maybe you could help me understand this lil better.
    beautiful clutch, can’t wait to see some updates on theses guys
    Yeah, she's actually a generic example of a lesser. She's also laying on her side on that pic, so the blushing would be more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannahshissyfix View Post
    Have you sired clutches with that male before? Does he have red pupils? Id be more inclined to guess he's a lesser/other BEL complex animal and that's why some are white super lessers and others mmore like passions/potions. I don't think you'll ever know for sure by appearance without more breeding from dad and the offspring since some BEL combos are so polymorphic. Great clutch though!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    I haven't, that's his first clutch, so I wonder! He had apparent bug-eyes as a hatchling though and did have red pupils (but now he doesn't), so I'm inclined to believe he's really super lesser + something. I do plan on breeding him to my sterling just to see exactly what's up!

Here's the two of them LOL. My sterling is small for a 2.5 year old female and seems to have stopped growing and only gets fat, so we'll see how she is in a year.

Last edited by redshepherd; 10-22-2018 at 04:42 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to redshepherd For This Useful Post:

CALM Pythons (10-22-2018)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast