Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,865

3 members and 2,862 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Heated cabinet shelves

Seeking constructive feedback.
    Considering turning storage shelves into back heated cabinet to put latching tubs in and stack a couple tubs on each shelf rather than cutting the shelves down to single tub height. The idea is flexibility to put different size tubs as needed. Considering heat cable or tape across back of each level and insulation or blankets on back and sides to retain heat. Back heat will allow multiple tubs stacked or single various height tubs. Have to figure wattage per level.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,842 Times in 4,771 Posts

Re: Heated cabinet shelves

I don't see a problem with it as long as the heat is regulated by a thermostat.

Are you going to make the vertical supports adjustable from side to side? A big part of what makes back heat work is minimal air gap around the sides of the tub from front to back so the heat doesn't just escape around the tubs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    I don't see a problem with it as long as the heat is regulated by a thermostat.

Are you going to make the vertical supports adjustable from side to side? A big part of what makes back heat work is minimal air gap around the sides of the tub from front to back so the heat doesn't just escape around the tubs.
    I wasn't gonna make the width adjustable. I may have to fill it with empty tubs and boxes to keep it full. I was gonna use a standard 3 foot wide plastic home Depot shelf.

Thanks

One decision I have to make is heat tape vs cable. Another is watts per shelf. Another is whether to have each shelf on a separate plug