Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,336

3 members and 3,333 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

Exclamation Slight Belly Discoloration?

Hi Guys, so a few weeks ago my girl had VERY mild scale rot (3 scales affected) I Iodined her, she shed and everything was gone. now I'm noticing her belly turning like a stained yellow (like very diluted pee color) and today she passed a urate with a little green, which I read can be a sign of liver problems but 9/10 people who took their snake to the vet said they were in perfect health. I can not find ANYTHING online about this, everything shows pink belly or blister diesese. Has anyone encountered this before? I don't want to take her to the vet if I don't have to (it's a 2hr drive one way) but also am not going to be an ignorant mom and let my baby get sick. Husbandry is correct, 50-55% humidity, 75 cool, 80 ambient and 89-90 degrees hot spot. She is a year and a half old, Pastel Lesser.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,826 Times in 11,845 Posts
    Are you sure that yellowish stain on her tummy isn't a bit of the iodine? I'm betting that's all it is...maybe some came off of her & onto her substrate, where
    she crawled thru it after shedding? Or, some iodine got thru the old skin & under a few scales, then w/ dampness caused the discoloration you see now.
    Have you tried wiping the yellow color off?

Urates with a little green don't necessarily mean anything & are rather common...so don't worry assuming she seems OK.

Thanks

Re: Slight Belly Discoloration?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Are you sure that yellowish stain on her tummy isn't a bit of the iodine? I'm betting that's all it is...maybe some came off of her & onto her substrate, where
    she crawled thru it after shedding? Or, some iodine got thru the old skin & under a few scales, then w/ dampness caused the discoloration you see now.
    Have you tried wiping the yellow color off?

Urates with a little green don't necessarily mean anything & are rather common...so don't worry assuming she seems OK.
    I didn't even consider that, after the scale rot incident I put her back on pp towels (she was on coco husk) but did wipe her down again after she shed. I'll try giving her a little soak tomorrow and see if that clears it up. she's acting completely normal, tongue is nice and pink, no wheezing, eating regularly, and her terperment is sweet as always. maybe I've over thinking, just wanted to reach out on here because I know there are a lot of experienced keepers who can give me some imput.

Thank you!