Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,015

1 members and 2,014 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: My Reptile Area is Complete

One tank to go! There reptile area is almost there! Today, Ezzy and Ferry's 24X18X24" Boaphile tanks came. I set them up and they are maintaining temps and humidity really well. It was the same price to get another tank of the same size, with not heating elements, to use as a stand and a storage area. So, there are 3 tanks, but only the top two have reptiles. Ferry on top and Ezzy in the middle.

The old tanks were 20X20X20" for Ezzy and 16X16X20" for Ferry. This gives them more room, but also better insulation and heating. Each tank has an RHP and Ezzy's (the bottom) has a medium flex watt heat tape running off the same thermostat. Since Ferry's tank is on top of Ezzy's and right above the RHP from her tank, he doesn't need flex watt, so he just gets belly heat from her RHP.

Currently it's 78F on the top of the branches and on the perch under the RHP and it goes down to 68F at the coolest part of their tanks and averages about 73F. This way, on the cold nights, it's not 66F in the whole tank, and they can choose what temps they want.

Here is the reptile area as it stands now. The only thing missing is a 4X2X1.5' "coupe" cage (2 doors with a bar in the middle) for Toref with lots of lighting. That will go on top of Yafe's cage, on the 4X2' stack, and then both sides of the room will be near the ceiling.

WALL TO WALL REPTILES! 13 tanks and 13 reptiles. Awesome!

Toref needs a few months to get in the bigger tank, but he will get there soon. The tank should come in the next month.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Dianne (03-06-2019),gunkle (03-05-2019),JRLongton (03-06-2019),Jus1More (03-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

whoa dak! u need to tame your wiring.

Quote Originally Posted by dakski View Post
    One tank to go! There reptile area is almost there! Today, Ezzy and Ferry's 24X18X24" Boaphile tanks came. I set them up and they are maintaining temps and humidity really well. It was the same price to get another tank of the same size, with not heating elements, to use as a stand and a storage area. So, there are 3 tanks, but only the top two have reptiles. Ferry on top and Ezzy in the middle.
    come on. that can't be storage/empty for long.

also what was your experience and wait time w/ Boaphile like?
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (03-05-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ax01 View Post
    whoa dak! u need to tame your wiring.

come on. that can't be storage/empty for long.

also what was your experience and wait time w/ Boaphile like?
    First, the wires are a work in progress. It was a work day and it took 3 hours to set everything up and get it dialed in. When Toref's tank comes. I will neaten everything up. Look at the other side.

Secondly, NO MORE REPTILES. I am at my limit for enjoyment, time with everyone, etc. I know I've reached the pinnacle for me. Storage works fine. Plus, I am 39 this month and overweight. That storage tank is on the ground. Now way I am cleaning that with an animal in there!

Finally, with Boaphile, it's been consistently 6 weeks. Sometimes a little less, and sometimes a little more. However, always around 6 weeks. Jeff Ronne is pretty good at telling me if it might be a week late early in the process. Never waited more than 7 weeks.

I highly recommend his tanks and he really knows his stuff. However, do not email him. Just call him on the number on the site and he will help you out. He almost never checks emails. He is happy to talk, however.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Ax01 (03-06-2019),Bogertophis (03-05-2019),gunkle (03-05-2019),JRLongton (03-06-2019),Jus1More (03-05-2019)

Thanks
    Man that is some cool room now. I think I could sit in that chair and watch and take turns holding reptiles for a long time. Nice job. I can see how dedicated you are to your coldblooded family members.
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    0.1 Super Pastel Lesser Ball Python
    1.0 Pastel Bamboo Ball Python
    0.0.1 Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink
    0.0.2 Crested Gecko
    1.2.Guinea Pigs
    1.0 Leopard Gecko
    0.1 Toad
    0.1 Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.2 Cats

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gunkle For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-05-2019)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gunkle View Post
    Man that is some cool room now. I think I could sit in that chair and watch and take turns holding reptiles for a long time. Nice job. I can see how dedicated you are to your coldblooded family members.
    I do love them. I work from home most days and usually take a few minutes at lunch and the end of the day to bond with them and unwind.

It’s a great area. I could not be happier. So blessed to have the time, space, and a loving and supportive fiancé who let me take over 1/3 of her finished basement.

Thanks

I do love them. I work from home most days and usually take a few minutes at lunch and the end of the day to bond with them and unwind.

It’s a great area. I could not be happier. So blessed to have the time, space, and a loving and supportive fiancé who let me take over 1/3 of her finished basement.
    I hear you on the blessed part. My wife of 17 years has always been a lover of reptiles and we have had many over the years. She's the one that put the bug in my head to get a BP again and agreed right away to make it 2 instead of 1.
    1.0 Bearded Dragon
    0.1 Super Pastel Lesser Ball Python
    1.0 Pastel Bamboo Ball Python
    0.0.1 Halmahera Blue Tongue Skink
    0.0.2 Crested Gecko
    1.2.Guinea Pigs
    1.0 Leopard Gecko
    0.1 Toad
    0.1 Iguana
    0.1 Dog
    0.2 Cats

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gunkle For This Useful Post:

dakski (03-05-2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

First, the wires are a work in progress. It was a work day and it took 3 hours to set everything up and get it dialed in. When Toref's tank comes. I will neaten everything up. Look at the other side.
    ah i see.

Secondly, NO MORE REPTILES. I am at my limit for enjoyment, time with everyone, etc. I know I've reached the pinnacle for me. Storage works fine. Plus, I am 39 this month and overweight. That storage tank is on the ground. Now way I am cleaning that with an animal in there!
    imma pusher. get used to it b/c imma ask often about your next reptile.

Finally, with Boaphile, it's been consistently 6 weeks. Sometimes a little less, and sometimes a little more. However, always around 6 weeks. Jeff Ronne is pretty good at telling me if it might be a week late early in the process. Never waited more than 7 weeks.

I highly recommend his tanks and he really knows his stuff. However, do not email him. Just call him on the number on the site and he will help you out. He almost never checks emails. He is happy to talk, however.
    i have 2 Boaphile Rhinoraxxx rack for my BP's. i bought them both second hand tho, so i don't know the new buyers experience w/ them. however i do love the racks i have from them. i also have an AP rack and much prefer the Boaphile. i like the PVC they use better, the machining and finishing. i only have 1 PVC enclosure i bought from a friend who produced PVC enclosures and racks on a CNC machine for a year before his business went busta. i'm glad to hear your experience as considering Boaphile, AP and RBI for new enclosures. lastly, are all the hinges silver? what is that - galvanized, zinc or nickel or something else? i like the rustproofing but don't like the shininess on a black enclosure.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

Thanks

Toref moved down to the reptile area today. He's still in his 15G tank, and will be for some time, but I wanted him to be with everyone else and in a quieter area.

Here are a few pictures of where I stuck him for now, knowing he will go in a stacked 4X2X1.5' once he gets bigger. NOTE: That's a 65 pound dog for scale. Yes, she, and the others, are allowed in the reptile area, when none are out.

I also know the wires are a little messy now, but I will fix all that when Toref's life enclosure comes.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

cletus (03-17-2019),Dianne (03-17-2019),gunkle (03-17-2019),richardhind1972 (03-17-2019)

BPnet Senior Member richardhind1972's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,173 Times in 3,204 Posts

Fingers crossed that will settle him down now Dave

Sent from my TA-1024 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Update: Toref is loving the new space.

https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...-Monitor/page6

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

cletus (03-17-2019),richardhind1972 (03-17-2019)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast