Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,845

0 members and 2,845 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: My Reptile Area is Complete

Quote Originally Posted by Reinz View Post
    Glad to see that you didn’t place a Boa on the top stack, since they will get bigger down the road.

I was a dummy and put my most aggressive eater, Punch, an 8 ft Boa at the top of the stack. I need to get on the top step of a two step, step stool to tend to him. Many times when I open the door he comes flying out, nothing but jaws! I have fallen off of that step stool a few times. Being one of the oldest (age) members here, I don’t bounce like I used to.

I also did the same mistake with Olivia, the Olive Python and have her cage scrapping the ceiling as well on the other side of the room. She is extremely aggressive at all times within her cage. I’ve caught my head on the ceiling fan many times. I finally wised up and now turn off the fan when go into the room.

But when the 8 foot cages arrive I will move both snakes to a much safer level.

Congrats on your finished room.
    Thank you!

Yeah, believe me, I thought of that. Any of my boas would be trouble on the top stack. That's reserved for Frank (Blue Tongue Skink) and Shayna, my BP, who usually doesn't even strike. Just grabs and pulls into her hide.

I like having the boas at a reasonable level, but also having two doors on my 6X2' tanks. They are two 3X2' tanks joined.

Most of the time I go to the door that isn't where they are put the rat near them, not me!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

Reinz (05-28-2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

Re: My Reptile Area is Complete

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Wow, yeah you've got an inch on me but pretty close. I'm on a stool for my top cages now and hate it but agree on the ground is far worse! That's why I'll spring for another pedestal. I have boaphiles also with the taller pedestal, planning to get the taller 8' cage then stack two more 421s on each side. I could go one higher on each with a stool, I just don't know that I want to. I might have to depending on how large my snakes get and with the bp I hadn't planned on though.
    Pedestal's rule! Floor/knees drool!

The left side is only a 1FT pedestal. Not happy, but the Leopard Geckos are on the bottom and are pretty easy to clean, etc. Was a pain when Solana was down there; corn snakes make a mess and can clear a room too.

The right side is 18", which is better, but Figment, my other corn, is on the bottom (cooler tanks on the bottom, hotter tanks on top), which still isn't ideal, but it's much better than 12" cleaning colubrid messes.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567