Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,339

0 members and 1,339 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 9,691 Times in 3,863 Posts

My Reptile Area is Complete

I should have titled this thread, "My Reptile Area is Almost Complete," but we will get there soon enough.

I have my 5 6FT X 2FT Boaphile tank stack in the reptile area with the bottom two 6'X2' tanks split into 4 3'X2' enclosures. So the tower has 7 tanks in total and 8 reptiles living in them (2 female Leopard Geckos, Carra and Kayla, get along great and share a tank, while Cleo, who doesn't play well with others, has her own 3X2').

Yafe (new yearling Albino Carpet Python) is getting a 4'X2' arboreal tank from Jeff Ronne at Boaphile in the next 4 weeks and it will be set up in the same area as the current Reptile Tower/Condo. Not sure how fast he moves in there as he will be on quarantine for a bit and is recovering from an RI he got because of shipping delays, etc.

His tank will be 4'X2'X1.5' and have two 4FT X 2.5" roughed PVC pipes running from side to side, but both at different heights and distances from the front. This will allow him to pick temps and heights, etc. when he wants to climb (he is an Irian Jaya and Darwin Hybrid and IJ's are known to climb while Darwin's spend most of their time in branches/trees - he is already making use of the small fake branches in his quarantine tank). There will also be heat tape on his hot side floor in case he wants to use his hide there, and a hide on the cool side as well. So far, not much of a hider, as he spends most of his time on branches watching me.

Here is a link to a split 3X2' Boaphile Arboreal tank: http://www.boaphileplastics.com/arborealcages.html

Jeff is "custom making" Yafe a 4X2' with two branches instead of one.

Okay, I digressed, but I want to paint a picture here.

The reptile area is in our finished basement (about 800 SQ Feet) and that is shaped like an "L". The "_" of the L, is the reptile area. It's about 12FT X 10FT, or about 120 SQ/FT.

I have the tower against the only indoor wall in that area. Yafe's tank (placement below) will be "kitty cornered" on the two outside walls in that area, but will not touch the walls and will have a several foot area behind it for ventilation.

The only other reptile we have, is Esmeralda (Ezzy) the Leachie, who has no special temp requirements, and lives in Katie's office upstairs. She keeps Katie company, but does not stay in the reptile area. She's rogue .

Below are the pictures of the reptile area currently, and I will update when Yafe's tank is setup (it will be on a 4X2X1.5' stand and therefore will be 3FT tall).

​Looking into the Reptile Area from the TV area/Living Space in the finished basement (Yafe's tank will go in front of the standing lamp in the corner):

[IMG][/IMG]

Current Tank Tower/Condo (picture taken standing next to the big chair in the reptile area, on the chairs left side):

[IMG][/IMG]

​Picture of Corner Where Yafe's tank is going, again, from left of big chair:

[IMG][/IMG]

Two Shots from Big Chair (dogs are allowed in when reptiles are not out):

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to dakski For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Alicia (10-17-2018),Bogertophis (10-17-2018),dr del (10-17-2018),FollowTheSun (01-02-2019),GoingPostal (11-08-2018),hilabeans (12-31-2018),JRLongton (10-17-2018),Michelle-07 (10-16-2018),MR Snakes (12-29-2018),Sonny1318 (10-17-2018),tttaylorrr (10-17-2018)