Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,651

1 members and 2,650 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Someone wanted to hide

Yesterday I got my enchi girl, CD, out to roam a little bit and get her some exercise. About the time that I realized she could get behind the entertainment center, she shot behind and under it. I’m glad there wasn’t a hole through the floor. It took about 20 min to get her out since the unit was too big to pick up and grab her on my own and she was large enough to puff up and wedge herself in. I had to wait for her to decide to come out and get ahold of her as she tried going further back. She’s about 2500g so she wouldnt come out until she was ready. At one point she decided to poke her head out to see if the coast was clear.

The other day I had my 1100g mystic get into the couch after she found a hole going into the back. Luckily she is a super calm and handleable animal and I was able to reach in and guide her head to get her back out after I opened up the hole a bit to get my arm in.

The joys of having animals that like to find little holes and hide from you.

Kyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kroberts10 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-15-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,791 Times in 11,826 Posts
    Still, it's fun to see a snake BEING a snake! Just never let a snake loose in your kitchen, trust me...

I've never kept a ferret (came close once...) but apparently they have similar games at which they excel... ("hide & seek")

Thanks

Re: Someone wanted to hide

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    Still, it's fun to see a snake BEING a snake! Just never let a snake loose in your kitchen, trust me...

I've never kept a ferret (came close once...) but apparently they have similar games at which they excel... ("hide & seek")
    Dear lord, yes! Ferrets definitely excel at the hide & seek! I used to have 4 and they would all hide and pounce on my toes if I came too close!

Zombie, my biggest bearded dragon, tries to hide under the entertainment center, but he's too big now. He just ends up with his head under it and the rest of him sticking out. He's not the smartest.

Ball Python-
    1.0 Fergus, aka Boo, pastel
    0.1 Fiona, normal
    Bearded dragons- 1.1 Zombie, Ghostie
    Dog- 0.1 Ripley
    Cats- 1.2 Sheldon, Tripps, Patch
    Kids- 2.3 Michael, Alexander, Katelynn, Rebekah, Hannah

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostlysmile For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-15-2018)

Account Disabled
    Thanks
    I laughed a little at the “ shot right behind and under it” comment. They tend to move slow but incredibly a lot can happen in short order with these guys particularly if you look away.
    Love that picture peeking out, “ is it clear yet?”

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jakethesnake69 For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (10-15-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlysmile View Post
    Dear lord, yes! Ferrets definitely excel at the hide & seek! I used to have 4 and they would all hide and pounce on my toes if I came too close!

Zombie, my biggest bearded dragon, tries to hide under the entertainment center, but he's too big now. He just ends up with his head under it and the rest of him sticking out. He's not the smartest.
    My sister had ferrets. My Rottweiler would have to find them from time to time. "Find the kitty" apparently works for ferrets too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethesnake69 View Post
    I laughed a little at the “ shot right behind and under it” comment. They tend to move slow but incredibly a lot can happen in short order with these guys particularly if you look away.
    Love that picture peeking out, “ is it clear yet?”
    Haha right? Mine moves slower than molasses until I look away, then she sprouts wheels.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,788 Times in 4,306 Posts

The Scottish word "keek" comes to mind - hiding but looking out to see if anyone can see you.
    Derek

7 adult Royals (2.5), 1.0 COS Pastel, 1.0 Enchi, 1.1 Lesser platty Royal python, 1.1 Black pastel Royal python, 0.1 Blue eyed leucistic ( Super lesser), 0.1 Piebald Royal python, 1.0 Sinaloan milk snake 1.0 crested gecko and 1 bad case of ETS. no wife, no surprise.