Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,281

3 members and 1,278 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,092
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Thanks

Re: Feeling Like a Failure (Feeding)

She ate. Freaking finally!

I was tired of wasting rodents, so I decided to wait a while before offering again since she wasn’t losing weight. I think it’s been 2-3 weeks since I last tried - I honestly can’t remember.

Then this morning, I saw that she had pooped (first time since her last feed over 2 months ago). So I decided to go for it tonight.

I did my typical routine and Bam. She took without hesitation. If nothing else this was reassuring that it wasn’t anything I was doing wrong - she just wasn’t in the mood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Summer

0.1 Bearded Dragon ("Reka")
    0.1 California Kingsnake ("Cleo")
    0.1 Cinnamon Spider Het. Albino Ball Python ("Syd")
    1.0 Hypo Bredl’s Python (“Oz”)

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alittleFREE For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-08-2018),dakski (12-08-2018),Dianne (12-08-2018),dr del (12-16-2018),Fishinglink (12-09-2018),Pengil (12-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts
    You know, some snake-keepers (not necessarily those keeping BPs, btw) subscribe to the idea that you wait to feed a snake until after they defecate. I'm not
    saying I agree or do that, but maybe your snake does? Glad he ate, that feels AWESOME, I know!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bogertophis For This Useful Post:

alittleFREE (12-08-2018)

Thanks

First off, congratulations on your snake finally eating! It sure takes the weight of the world off your shoulders for a week or two when they do.

I also wanted to thank you for posting this thread and chronicaling your snake's behavior so thoroughly. My ball has been acting much the same way about food as of late, so it was a relief to know that I wasn't alone!

A big thank you, also, to everyone who contributed to more thoroughly explain how a snake's behavior can change in winter, and for the variety of feeding tips. My boy ate tonight for the first time in a little over a month by using both Zina's hot water method and the hair-dryer method!

Beauty really does come at a price... Of causing us stress, even when, logically, we know better.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    1.0 Banana/Coral Glow Emperor Pin BP- Horatio
    0.1 Hypo Black Pewter Butter- Gin & Tonic (Ginny)
    1.0 Piebald Cat- Percival Henry

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Pengil For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Feeling Like a Failure (Feeding)

Quote Originally Posted by Pengil View Post
    First off, congratulations on your snake finally eating! It sure takes the weight of the world off your shoulders for a week or two when they do.

I also wanted to thank you for posting this thread and chronicaling your snake's behavior so thoroughly. My ball has been acting much the same way about food as of late, so it was a relief to know that I wasn't alone!

A big thank you, also, to everyone who contributed to more thoroughly explain how a snake's behavior can change in winter, and for the variety of feeding tips. My boy ate tonight for the first time in a little over a month by using both Zina's hot water method and the hair-dryer method!

Beauty really does come at a price... Of causing us stress, even when, logically, we know better.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk
    The hairdryer method is marvellously effective ... I got so into the habit of warming the rats that I did it for my Retic and nearly lost my face
    It's such a convenient way of warming mice / rats plugged in next to the vivs .. they weren't so lucky back in the 1920's when they were a bit bigger

This is a real one !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Zincubus; 12-08-2018 at 06:53 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

Bogertophis (12-08-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 19,822 Times in 11,841 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    The hairdryer method is marvellously effective ... I got so into the habit of warming the rats that I did it for my Retic and nearly lost my face
    It's such a convenient way of warming mice / rats plugged in next to the vivs .. they weren't so lucky back in the 1920's when they were a bit bigger

This is a real one !!

I've never seen one like that before! We really HAVE "come a long way" haven't we? Thanks for sharing!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,899 Times in 2,993 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bogertophis View Post
    I've never seen one like that before! We really HAVE "come a long way" haven't we? Thanks for sharing!
    Just noticed there are four in the photo but you get the idea

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345