Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,289

1 members and 3,288 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Need some advice

Quote Originally Posted by Jakethesnake69 View Post
    Yeah, Sadly a large portion of these stores just want money and anything after the sale is sink or swim. A few good places though and represented on this site. This site is full of eager people that have lots of info so your in the right place.
    Yeah im at a loss now guess they dont care if your reptile gets hurt not asking them for advice anymore thats for sure. Im dissapointed that they didnt give me the proper information.

Account Disabled
    Thanks

The reptile stores near me don't even sell thermostats and push the heat mats.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks

The reptile stores near me don't even sell thermostats and push the heat mats.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
    The reptile store didnt even tell me to get the thermostat actually his words were it wont even get up to 100 degrees that it will probably omly get 80-85 degrees and there not meant to get hot at all when i called to try to figure out why it was only reading 80 on surface yet when i moved substrate and checked glass temp woth temp gun it was reading 90-95 and i have a 300 watt exo terra thermostat no idea how im going to get that probe between glass and mat now seeing as the mats once stick on are not suppose to come off so its starting to look like im going to have to rip itnoff and spend another 45-50 bucks on another mat and evwn if i take ot back they saod for it being used they could only give me 10 to 15 bucks for it i bought it yesterday so good waste of money there lol
    Last edited by Dylan_; 10-13-2018 at 07:15 PM.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I don't like the stick-on ones. You can't switch them out to other enclosures in the future. I use the mats that Reptile Basics sells. The little ones just draw 7 watts. I still use a t-stat (usually Herpstat). I use a foam board to insulate underneath the mat.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by distaff View Post
    I don't like the stick-on ones. You can't switch them out to other enclosures in the future. I use the mats that Reptile Basics sells. The little ones just draw 7 watts. I still use a t-stat (usually Herpstat). I use a foam board to insulate underneath the mat.
    Wasnt ever planning on changing tanks as this one is big enough the ball python will never out grow it so it didnt matter that it was stuck on now im stuck because the reptile stores dont tell you crap i should have went on here and got help before installing it now im 99% sure i got to take it off and get a new one just so i can put the thermostat prob between the glass and uth lovely lol

Thanks
    You can remove the UTH and reapply it with tape that can handle it. I've used Gorilla tape and it holds the UTH without a problem. I do check regularly to make sure it's still attached as the enclosure is slightly off the ground to protect the surface from the UTH.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SMTHook View Post
    You can remove the UTH and reapply it with tape that can handle it. I've used Gorilla tape and it holds the UTH without a problem. I do check regularly to make sure it's still attached as the enclosure is slightly off the ground to protect the surface from the UTH.
    Ill try to remove it tonight i have t rex duct tape that i can tape it back up with i guess i will just shove the probe in the middle before i re apply it and ill just check on it for the next few hours to make sure it doeeent malfuntion from being taken off thanks for the advise
    Last edited by Dylan_; 10-13-2018 at 08:12 PM.

Account Disabled
    Thanks

distaff is referring to Ultratherm or Flukers that are the same. Use aluminum tape to stick them on. I have actually moved over to them on most of my cages. I find them more consistent over the entire surface area compared to the zoo med or equivalent. It’s really thin and laminated. Sometimes the glue on the stick ons gives up and they sag or just don’t stay stuck at all.

Thanks

distaff is referring to Ultratherm or Flukers that are the same. Use aluminum tape to stick them on. I have actually moved over to them on most of my cages. I find them more consistent over the entire surface area compared to the zoo med or equivalent. It’s really thin and laminated. Sometimes the glue on the stick ons gives up and they sag or just don’t stay stuck at all.
    Will the duct tape not hold or something ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan_ View Post
    Okay thanks wish they would have informed me on this before hand lol so how do i get it inbetween the 2 now that the pad is already stuck on?
    Carefully. And get some packing tape or duct tape to hold the uth down.

Which store ore did you get your BP. Most box box stores have no idea what reptiles need.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast